(Topic ID: 137356)

KISS Premium. Is anyone else still waiting???

By PinballCharlieNY

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinballCharlieNY
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
kiss.3.jpg
kiss.2.jpg
kiss.1.jpg
P9300096.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg
IMAG0606.jpg
IMAG0602.jpg
IMAG0604.jpg
IMG_3895.jpg

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyDoug:

I'm a little worried. All this Game of Thrones hoopla is holding up our Kiss Prems. I've been waiting 90 days. Getting a bit long

Dont feel so bad. 120+ for me. At the very least you would think $7,000 down would buy you some communication.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyDoug:

I'm a little worried. All this Game of Thrones hoopla is holding up our Kiss Prems. I've been waiting 90 days. Getting a bit long

Don't feel bad. 120+ days for me. You would think that $7,000 down would at least buy some communication.

#53 3 years ago

Just got the call. Picking mine up on October 28th. Ed

#54 3 years ago

Yes, me too.. slight goof up with distributor.. but now on way to him from Stern next week so should have in less than 2 weeks.

#55 3 years ago

Well "next week" has come and gone again. Still no machine. I am starting to feel like I have provided Wimpy with a hamburger. I knew I should have ordered Predator instead.

#56 3 years ago

Still waiting on my 2 machines... I ordered from Automated as well

1 week later
#57 3 years ago

P9300096.jpg

#58 3 years ago

Now all you need to do is use Pinball Browser to add Firehouse and switch on the red light.

#59 3 years ago

I called Automated last week to complain and was told Stern is starting production this week. I said WHAT??? Others on the group have received them already??? She said hold on as I am calling my contact at Stern. She gets back on the phone and said 5 will be shipped next week. Today is Thursday. Let's see what happens. Guess I will have to call again.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

I called Automated last week to complain and was told Stern is starting production this week. I said WHAT??? Others on the group have received them already??? She said hold on as I am calling my contact at Stern. She gets back on the phone and said 5 will be shipped next week. Today is Thursday. Let's see what happens. Guess I will have to call again.

They are too busy making GOT pins, but I did see some Premium shells in the background on their line.

#61 3 years ago

I bet they don't want to put too many premium out there because they want the LE to sell first. Stern doesn't seem too concerned about KISS Premium sales or even the code for that matter. It's been out 4 months now and there hasn't been 1 'significant' code update released. Look how fast it progressed from initial .5 beta to release and then poof, the code takes a vacation. Sometimes I wonder if some (not all) of these programmers are spending their days watching cat videos on the internet behind closed doors...

Rob

#62 3 years ago

Got tired of the wait and I cancelled my order after I paid in full. I don't understand it, because usually Stern is very punctual in releasing their pins. I guess I get too impatient waiting for pins and I'm slowly, but surely, getting away from paying for pins and playing the waiting game. Figure I can always pick one up later, especially after all the bugs and kinks (peeling stickers) are worked out. Good luck to the ones still waiting.

#63 3 years ago

Mine is suppossed to be delivered tomorrow.

#64 3 years ago

Congrats colonelsnow! I'm hoping to get word for my delivery sometime this week.

#65 3 years ago

Got the call - picking mine up during Expo.

#66 3 years ago

Mine is being delivered tomorrow. It actually arrived here in town Friday but was too late for local to schedule drop off.. so less than 24 hours

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I bet they don't want to put too many premium out there because they want the LE to sell first. Stern doesn't seem too concerned about KISS Premium sales or even the code for that matter. It's been out 4 months now and there hasn't been 1 'significant' code update released. Look how fast it progressed from initial .5 beta to release and then poof, the code takes a vacation. Sometimes I wonder if some (not all) of these programmers are spending their days watching cat videos on the internet behind closed doors...
Rob

LE's from Stern were sold out in 7 minutes. (Yes I know a few distributor's still have them). This is the highest initial demand for a Stern ever, they are having trouble keeping up with demand, it's as simple as that. There will be another major code update around Halloween.

#68 3 years ago

Automated Services said mine should be in this week. Let's see what happens.....

#69 3 years ago

Received my Premium last Wed. and set it up Friday. Fun game. What bums me out is there are three dull spots on the mid PF like someone dropped an orbital sander on it. That's going to drive me nuts.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyDoug:

Received my Premium last Wed. and set it up Friday. Fun game. What bums me out is there are three dull spots on the mid PF like someone dropped an orbital sander on it. That's going to drive me nuts.

IIRC Stern installed mylar mid PF to help with wear coming from balls being spit out of The Demon's mouth. Are these the "dull spots" you're concerned about? If not, would be interested in seeing pictures of the issue...

#71 3 years ago

No they are not. They were here from the moment I pulled it from the box. They stick out like a sore thumb but are VERY difficult to photograph. I have some pics on my phone...

#72 3 years ago

Here are some pics. tuff to see though, but if you look hard you will see them.

kiss.1.jpg

kiss.2.jpg

kiss.3.jpg

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelsnow:

Don't feel bad. 120+ days for me. You would think that $7,000 down would at least buy some communication.

That's nothing. Long for Stern but not for people waiting 2+ years paid in full from others.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Figure I can always pick one up later, especially after all the bugs and kinks (peeling stickers) are worked out. Good luck to the ones still waiting.

I shared your frustration luckily mine showed up yesterday. It appears that additional measures were taken to ensure decals stay on. I see a very small amount of black adhesive around head decals. The machine looks awesome the detail on the decals is pretty impressive.

I don't blame you for pulling the order it did take longer than usual for Stern to supply the high demand and the code does need some work/major additions. Right now it is much too basic. Looking forward to the Halloween update and hope it is a big one. Layout and looks of this pin are awesome hope the code can make it a special machine.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyDoug:

kiss.1.jpg kiss.2.jpg kiss.3.jpg

I see them. The first thing to do is contact your distributor know and ask them what they can do for you. Since it's a new game you should probably get a new populated playfield swapped in there. Don't try to contact Stern on it (unless you have to) as they may be not very responsive to your concerns. I had a MET playfield replaced by Stern and dealing with them on that was quite long and frustrating. It was a 6 month adventure I would not want to repeat.

Rob

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyDoug:

kiss.1.jpg kiss.2.jpg kiss.3.jpg

OH HEEEEEEEEEEELL NAW! Have them pick up that whole pin and send you a new one ASAP! Notify your distributor AND STERN at the same damn time. Let Stern know you will notify the BBB if that is not resolved in a timely manner. You paid for NIB you sure as hell better get NIB for as long as you waited. That does look like some one dropped an orbital sander on it. While your waiting for your new pin rip out the goodie bag so you have something to read while your waiting.

#77 3 years ago

Got the call from the shipping company today! My pin will delivered tomorrow! Can't wait!

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Got the call from the shipping company today! My pin will delivered tomorrow! Can't wait!

Awesome!! Good luck and hope it goes smoothly. Post some pics when you have time.

#80 3 years ago

Ordered Monday shipped yesterday...anxious!!

#81 3 years ago

Delivered and sitting in my garage. Now I just have to wait to my buddy gets here later this afternoon to help wheel it down to my gameroom.

#82 3 years ago

Make sure you guys check that wiring through the motor and relocate so you have no issues in future.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Delivered and sitting in my garage. Now I just have to wait to my buddy gets here later this afternoon to help wheel it down to my gameroom.

I feel you're excitement. Hope theres no issues. Follow Capguntroopers advice and enjoy!!!

#84 3 years ago

Unboxed, legs put on and head raised. 2 things I noticed right off the bat were a nice scratch on the left rail (not a huge deal as I'm putting armor on anyway) and a few big scratches on the front of the coin door. Looks like there was an attempt to cover the coin door scratches up as well. Should I contact my distributor or Stern directly?

#85 3 years ago

Automated Services said mine should be in this week. Let's see what happens.....

Did you get it? I have ordered through Automated twice. One which was excellent and the other not so much. On the second instance, it was much like yours so I cancelled. It just seemed like it was never going to arrive even though I paid in full.

Good luck and keep us updated.

#86 3 years ago

Finally!!!! I have not played it yet as I want to look things over..

image.jpg

#87 3 years ago

Oh just play the hell out of it!

#88 3 years ago

Finally!!!! I have not played it yet as I want to look things over..

image.jpg

do the fix first then have at it

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Unboxed, legs put on and head raised. 2 things I noticed right off the bat were a nice scratch on the left rail (not a huge deal as I'm putting armor on anyway) and a few big scratches on the front of the coin door. Looks like there was an attempt to cover the coin door scratches up as well. Should I contact my distributor or Stern directly?

Called Stern and they were excellent to deal with. They are going to send me a replacement coin door and left rail. Awesome!

#90 3 years ago

Mine is in at Automated... Picking it up Saturday

#91 3 years ago

Mine is in at Automated... Picking it up Saturday
Awesome!!! They told me someone was coming Saturday. Good luck and keep us posted!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saginaw, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
$ 399.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside