Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

L_Side.JPG
IMG_4180.JPG
IMG_4181.JPG
IMG_4179.JPG

#1 12 years ago

Finally finished my KISS playfield Swap. It is a IPB repro with additional clear from Chad Keller. Looks beautiful and the game plays so fast now.

IMG_4179.JPGIMG_4179.JPG IMG_4181.JPGIMG_4181.JPG IMG_4180.JPGIMG_4180.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Looks good, I will see it tonight.

#3 12 years ago

Look great! As a Kiss fan, I love the art work. I just wish they would make a modern Kiss pinball.

#4 12 years ago

That looks fantastic SealClubber! I really dig the artwork on the KISS pinball. I'm way more of a 70's KISS fan as opposed to todays band, and this pin came out at the peak of that period using their comic book personas perfectly.

#5 12 years ago

The last time I played a KISS pinball was before I was into pinball. Now that I understand the game a little better, I'd enjoy giving one another chance.

Looks good!

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Look great! As a Kiss fan, I love the art work. I just wish they would make a modern Kiss pinball.

Oh no, it would be a giant jean simmons face and some bad concert pics plastered to the PF. There's no way they could improve on the old one with the direction pinball art is going these days. I like the PF art work of the past far more than the PF photo collages of today.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from the_pin_family:

Oh no, it would be a giant jean simmons face and some bad concert pics plastered to the PF. There's no way they could improve on the old one with the direction pinball art is going these days. I like the PF art work of the past far more than the PF photo collages of today.

So true! Everyone at the art department at Stern should be fired! And please, I don't want to hear the BS responses about licensing! WOZ will prove without a doubt that there is a happy medium between Photoshop and real art.

#8 12 years ago

look great, that thing shines, love the artwork.

grats!

#9 12 years ago

Thanks guys. I agree on the artwork. I think they really did it right on this one.

My lessons learned.
Mark every coil with tape. I also marked every lamp and switch with a sharpie.
Buy the staple gun and puller tool from pinball restore.com. Can't imagine doing this without either.
It will take twice as long as you think because IPB doesn't dimple the playfield. You have to measure everything, mark it, measure again, measure a third time, then drill.
Drill the holes for and mount the flippers ONLY after finding the sweet spot where the ball will roll up and down the in-lanes smoothly. Don't just center the playfield bushing in the hole.

#10 12 years ago

I love the look of this game. From the backglass to the playfield it's simply bad-ass!

I'd love to see an updated version. The music they'd have to choose from..."I LOVE IT LOUD",
"WAR MACHINE", "CREATURES OF THE NIGHT", those are just 3 that would be great turned up
loud on a pin.

I hope to own one some day. Maybe in 2014. Told my wife I'd skip buying a pin in
2013. I was on a 1 pin a year plan, due to space in the house.

Congrats on the playfield swap, you do the pin justice.

#11 12 years ago

This machine was sweet at Sealclubber's recent bash. Considering he drilled the holes himself, I'm really impressed with the flow and balance the machine had. The KISS got a large amount of play next to some very current machines, even with the simplicity of the original play field. The only thing I would suggest is switching the pop bumper leds (if that's what they were) for regular bulbs.

#12 12 years ago

Thank you.

They are CTs Warm white 4+1s. I put the 4+1s in all my pops. They are brighter and more importantly, won't melt the caps like regular 555s will.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from firebird:

The only thing I would suggest is switching the pop bumper leds (if that's what they were) for regular bulbs.

I thought the pops were nice, mostly because that was the only pin I was able win on that night. It does look great. Really enjoyed playing it. Dan did a really great job on it.

#14 12 years ago

Wonderful Job clubber

Any cab pics also?
Either way thanks for sharing looks great.

#15 12 years ago

Thank you. This is the only one I have at the moment. You can see the original playfield. The other side is similar with a bit more fading. I haven't messed with the cab at all as it doesn't bother me. Its not bad enough for me to want to repaint it.

L_Side.JPGL_Side.JPG

#16 12 years ago

Looks fantastic SC, great job!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-playfield-swap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.