(Topic ID: 248945)

KISS playfield - mine got damaged by UPS!

By Joey_N

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image6 (resized).JPG
    image5 (resized).JPG
    image4 (resized).JPG
    image3 (resized).JPG
    image2 (resized).JPG
    image1 (resized).JPG
    image11 (resized).JPG
    image10 (resized).JPG
    image9 (resized).JPG
    image8 (resized).JPG
    image7 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joey_N.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I've been begging for the KISS playfield to get reproduced for years, so of course I signed up when the preorder started. I bought the IPB plastics set and backglass years ago, and have been waiting for a nice playfield. Watched the UPS notifications daily, mine arrived yesterday.

There was a mark right along the packing tape/outer box seam, a small puncture. I didn't notice it as much of an issue until I opened the outer box to see a pinky tip sized puncture through the inner cardboard box. I picked up my phone, fearing the obvious/worst, to document it as I revealed what was going on.

Something punctured right through the outer box tape/opening/seam. Went through the inner box, and unlucky me, was the same side as the top of playfield. Punched through the paper wrapping the playfield. Playfield has a nasty divot, fairly deep. I don't know what would have done this? Metal rod? A sharp corner of something wouldn't have made this blunt end looking puncture/damage. Pics below.

I emailed Kevin and CPR's customer service email and I'm confident they'll take care of me, but I'm anxious about the process. I'd be devastated if this leaves me with no playfield. At this point, I'd pay the extra for a Gold (I bought silver) or settle for a 2nd. I'm at work, but checking my email constantly. This was UPS - has anyone dealt with a claim like this? Any advice? Thanks so much for your time.

image3 (resized).JPGimage3 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPGimage2 (resized).JPGimage2 (resized).JPGimage4 (resized).JPGimage4 (resized).JPGimage5 (resized).JPGimage5 (resized).JPGimage6 (resized).JPGimage6 (resized).JPGimage7 (resized).JPGimage7 (resized).JPGimage8 (resized).JPGimage8 (resized).JPGimage9 (resized).JPGimage9 (resized).JPGimage10 (resized).JPGimage10 (resized).JPGimage11 (resized).JPGimage11 (resized).JPG
    #4 4 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

well that sucks!
    Can't blame CPR I just got a PF for my Xenon
    and you can't ask for much better protection.
    Give you 300 for it if they let you keep it.

Oh, I don't blame CPR or their packing. What more packing could you ask for? A sheet of MDF over it? UPS punched the package somehow. Makes me sick.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I am sure Kevin will help you out but just wondering if the pf are insured. Also, did you have to sign for the package? Anytime I have to sign, I sign it STI (Subject To Inspection) in case I find issues after opening as all freight companies never want to wait around for you to inspect the item.

It wasn't set up for a signature to be required. Just UPS. I didn't really question if these are insured, I just assumed so. It was $800 + shipping.

#12 4 years ago

Update - I made contact with CPR, Kevin emailed me and is taking care of it. I knew they would. I was just anxious about the UPS situation/process as I was afraid they'd sell out/run out. All should be good! I'll be placing another CPR order very, very soon!

I got the KISS project going on 20yrs ago. Rough cabinet, no boards, worn playfield. Game had smoke damage from a fire, so everything yellowed/oxidized.

Parted out an even worse game years ago with a rotten playfield - using that harness actually, and will use new sockets, standup targets, etc etc..

Have IPB plastics set and backglass, the hot stamped bumper caps, etc.. it'll be about half new and half original, but oh well. Love this hobby!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joey_N.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-playfield-mine-got-damaged-by-ups?tu=Joey_N and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.