(Topic ID: 93546)

Kiss pinball signed..............Let's talk songs!

By thedarkknight77

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10007456_747029035341639_7032490048718632495_n.jpg
    beauty_kiss_r6.png
    kiss11[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

I'd be happy if they pretty much stuck with their first Greatest Hits record "Platinum". I'm partial to the songs from '74-'78 anyway. How did you guys not even mention the two greatest Kiss songs of all time anyway, Black Diamond and 100,000 years?

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I have read Gene's and Ace's. I won't even bother reading Peter's book.
    Even after hearing Paul and Gene bitch about Ace for the last 20 years, I always liked the guy. Then I read his book, and I realized that they were right and he was a total waste of space. So much potential just wasted.

Peter's book was great. If you read the others and don't read his, you're missing out. People who don't dig his drumming are just bandwagon jumpers in my opinion. They hear things like his drumming sucks, and then they're convinced that it does. It doesn't. He was highly influenced by Jazz drummer Gene Krupa. Is he Gene Krupa incarnate? No. But listen to the subtle fills in say 100,000 years and tell me he sucks. (You didn't say he sucks, by the way. I'm only going off the deep end because that's the usual line.) I guess I was assuming that you felt that way because you said that you wouldn't read his book.

Quoted from vdojaq:

This is KISS of today, not '74-'79. The pinball will reflect KISS of today.

The Kiss of today is not going to sell the pinball machine. It's the Kiss of yesteryear that people are interested. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. Eric and Tommy may wear the makeup, but you can tell who's face is behind it. Nobody wants to see that. Well, almost nobody. Put it this way. Not too many Kiss fans want to see that. That's for sure. The best songs were done from '74-'78 and that was with Ace, Peter, Paul, and Gene. Even their best post original record, Revenge, has Bruce Kulick on guitar.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-pinball-signedlets-talk-songs?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.