(Topic ID: 93546)

Kiss pinball signed..............Let's talk songs!

By thedarkknight77

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

10007456_747029035341639_7032490048718632495_n.jpg
    beauty_kiss_r6.png
    kiss11[1].jpg

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Now that the deal is done, what are the songs you would like to see on the pin. We all know Paul and Gene will pick every song. As a huge Kiss fan, these are not my favorites, but in my opinion the best pick for a pin............

1.Rock n' Roll All Night
    2.Detroit Rock City
    3.Shock Me
    4.God Of Thunder
    5.Shout it Out Loud
    6.Love Gun
    7.Strutter
    8.I love it Loud
    9.She
    10.Parasite
    11.Deuce
    12.Dr Love

Wizard Mode = Beth

#2 5 years ago

Your list is a good start, I would pull Shock Me, Strutter, She, and Parasite off (love all of them BTW) and would add Heaven's on Fire, Crazy Crazy Nights, Say Yeah, and Unholy.

Personal favorites that I would love to see included would be Creatures of the Night, Tears are Falling, Got to Choose, Take Me, I was Made for Loving You, Journey of 1,000 Years, but those all all long shots.

Not a chance in hell would be Is That You, and I.

Although now that I think about it, for the European market, they may include I was Made for Loving You and Shandi.

#3 5 years ago

The oath, danger us, god of thunder, cold gin, do you love me, plaster caster, king of the nightime world,
    strutter, firehouse, lick it up, I want you, hell or hallelujah, shock me, cmon and love me, I could go on and on

#4 5 years ago

A given is the top 3 of:
    Rock & Roll all Night
    Detroit Rock City
    Love Gun

Next probable group is:
    Deuce
    Shout it out Loud
    Lick it Up
    Modern Day Delilah
    God of Thunder
    I Love it Loud
    Strutter

Pool to round it out:
    I Was Made For Loving You
    Psycho Circus
    Heaven's On Fire
    Tears are Falling
    Crazy Crazy Nights
    Dr. Love
    Hell or Hallelujah
    God Gave Rock & Roll to You II
    Forever
    Firehouse

And...most of these songs will be re-records with the current line-up that were made just a couple of years back.

There will be NO Ace Frehley or Peter Criss songs, so no Beth, Shock Me, or Cold Gin(Ace written song)

#5 5 years ago

I'd be happy if they pretty much stuck with their first Greatest Hits record "Platinum". I'm partial to the songs from '74-'78 anyway. How did you guys not even mention the two greatest Kiss songs of all time anyway, Black Diamond and 100,000 years?

#6 5 years ago

Despite being a "non-Kiss fan", there are at least 6 songs listed above that I would love to see on a Kiss pinball machine.
    That's more than the Metallica pin that I bought so what does that tell you?
    If this is a Ritchie/Sheats effort, I don't think I'd even wait for finished code.
    I trust proven genius. Confirm Ritchie/Sheats and sign me up for an LE.

#7 5 years ago

I like KISS, but not a real huge fan of their music. I do think that KISS would be a great themed pinball based on the advancements Stern has made recently and that the band always prided themselves with putting on the best show possible. If you have ever been to a KISS concert, the lights, pyros, costumes/makeup, blood, etc... are all something to see. If either Steve or John did this game, it would be awesome IMHO. I'm guessing the LE would be epic if they do the light show and toys correctly!

Now, if the LE's were only reasonably priced...

Rob
    robsgameroom.com

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Despite being a "non-Kiss fan", there are at least 6 songs listed above that I would love to see on a Kiss pinball machine.
    That's more than the Metallica pin that I bought so what does that tell you?
    If this is a Ritchie/Sheats effort, I don't think I'd even wait for finished code.
    I trust proven genius. Confirm Ritchie/Sheats and sign me up for an LE.

+1. Enough said !

#9 5 years ago

1. Strutter

2. Charisma

3. Black Diamond

4. Goin' Blind

5. Rock and Roll All Nite

6. Rock Bottom

7. Detroit Rock City

8. King of the Night Time World

9. God of Thunder

10. Shout It Out Loud

11. I Want You

12. Calling Dr. Love

13. Ladies Room

14. I Stole Your Love

15. Christine Sixteen

16. Shock Me

17. Love Gun

18. Rip It Out

19. War Machine

20. Domino

21. God Gave Rock 'N' Roll to You

22. Psycho Circus

23. Rocket Ride

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

1. Strutter
    2. Charisma
    3. Black Diamond
    4. Goin' Blind
    5. Rock and Roll All Nite
    6. Rock Bottom
    7. Detroit Rock City
    8. King of the Night Time World
    9. God of Thunder
    10. Shout It Out Loud
    11. I Want You
    12. Calling Dr. Love
    13. Ladies Room
    14. I Stole Your Love
    15. Christine Sixteen
    16. Shock Me
    17. Love Gun
    18. Rip It Out
    19. War Machine
    20. Domino
    21. God Gave Rock 'N' Roll to You
    22. Psycho Circus
    23. Rocket Ride

Shock_Me approves this set list

#11 5 years ago

OK, so here are my all time favorites........So many damn songs I love!!!

1.Charisma
    2.Plaster Caster
    3.War Machine
    4.Strange Ways
    4.2000 Man
    5.Hide Your Heart
    6.Crazy Nights
    7.Psycho Circus
    8.Rock n' Roll Hell
    9.King of the Night Time Word
    10.I'm a legend tonight
    11.Unholy
    12.Within

Wizard Mode: Ace Frehley Rock Solders (F%#$@ you Gene & Paul!!! HA!!)

#12 5 years ago

Shock me won't be there if Ace is not there. I will assume he's not. Same with Beth and Peter. Regardless, Beth just wouldn't fit.

Detroit rock city, Firehouse, God of thunder and Rock and roll all night have to be in. These were the feature songs of the 70s. Their home town, the siren and pyrotechnics, spitting blood, tongue, Gene's persona, and their most commercial song.

You could argue

3 from Kiss:
    Stutter
    Deuce
    Firehouse

1 from Hotter than hell:
    Hotter than hell

2 from Dressed to Kill:
    She
    Rock and Roll all night

3 from Destroyer:
    Detroit rock city
    God of Thunder
    Shout it out loud

2 from Rock and roll over:
    Calling Dr. Love
    Ladies room

3 from Love Gun:
    Love Gun
    I stole your love
    Christine Sixteen

2 from Dynasty: These are questionable.
    I was made for loving you
    Sure know something

Who cares about the rest, they shit the bed from here. Keep in mind most of their songs are less than 4 minutes long.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I'd be happy if they pretty much stuck with their first Greatest Hits record "Platinum". I'm partial to the songs from '74-'78 anyway. How did you guys not even mention the two greatest Kiss songs of all time anyway, Black Diamond and 100,000 years?

Although both great songs, something has to be cut. I would say 100000 years before Black diamond. Would rather have both than Dynasty and beyond.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Duff:

Shock me won't be there if Ace is not there. I will assume he's not. Same with Beth and Peter. Regardless, Beth just wouldn't fit.
    Detroit rock city, Firehouse, God of thunder and Rock and roll all night have to be in. These were the feature songs of the 70s. Their home town, the siren and pyrotechnics, spitting blood, tongue, Gene's persona, and their most commercial song.

Who cares about the rest, they shit the bed from here. Keep in mind most of their songs are less than 4 minutes long.

Their home town? They are from N.Y, the Bronx.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

And...most of these songs will be re-records with the current line-up that were made just a couple of years back.
    There will be NO Ace Frehley or Peter Criss songs, so no Beth, Shock Me, or Cold Gin(Ace written song)

Why do you say that? They have been doing Beth and Shock Me live for years. New York Grove is an Ace solo song and that would not be selected as I don't think they have done it live without him. And I don't know why they would not include the original recordings, the re-recordings were for Sonic Boom - and they are fun to listen to.

I will be seeing the band live for the 19th time in August at Alpine Valley - could be the last time. Say what you will about their music, I have never seen them mail it in - they give it their all.

Now Ace live - that's a different story.

#16 5 years ago

Back in the New York Groove multiball.

LTG : )™

#17 5 years ago

I love the song, but there is about as much chance as Charisma being included as their will be of a Vinnie Vincent LE version.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Now that the deal is done, what are the songs you would like to see on the pin. We all know Paul and Gene will pick every song. As a huge Kiss fan, these are not my favorites, but in my opinion the best pick for a pin............
    1.Rock n' Roll All Night
    2.Detroit Rock City
    3.Shock Me
    4.God Of Thunder
    5.Shout it Out Loud
    6.Love Gun
    7.Strutter
    8.I love it Loud
    9.She
    10.Parasite
    11.Deuce
    12.Dr Love
    Wizard Mode = Beth

So, looking at 2015 for this?

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is KISS the next Stern game then?

No, John Popa Duik's game.

#20 5 years ago

Not a single song after 1977.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

1. Strutter
    2. Charisma
    3. Black Diamond
    4. Goin' Blind
    etc. etc.

I like the cut of your jib.

#22 5 years ago

I said about a year ago, KISS would be an ideal retheme for ACDC premium.

The Hell mini playfield fits right in ... God of Thunder demon type thing.

The cannon fits right in .... Love Gun.

If I was Stern, that's what I would do. Simply retheme ACDC Premium with some killer KISS artwork and software and bank the cash.

500 LEs of each 4 band members (or characters)

Premium model showing the whole band.

That would be the smart business thing to do. The KISS army would snap em all up in record time.

rd.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The KISS army would snap em all up in record time.

While I like your idea.

What KISS wanted for the license killed Stern doing a KISS pin.

John's higher price probably made a short run possible.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

While I like your idea.
    What KISS wanted for the license killed Stern doing a KISS pin.
    John's higher price probably made a short run possible.

In another thread, a Pinsider reports the deal with Stern has been done.

When I talked to Gary about it, he wanted to make a KISS machine but he said Gene wanted too much and Gene wanted the cash up front. So they left it at that.

But who's to say Gene didn't come to his senses. After all, $$$ is still $$$. And Genes ego would love to say "we have the most successful rock pinball machine ever made!" Or something.

Think about it .. When you play Shrek you don't think "this is a poor rip off of family guy" ... It stands on it's own.

I can't see any reason why the ACDC platform can't support retheming to different bands.

It just makes so much sense. And Cents. $$$$$.

rd.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

But who's to say Gene didn't come to his senses.

Now that is funny.

#26 5 years ago

Not completely on topic. But a dutch guy did a small cover for are you made for loving....

I think you like it, simmons did.

#27 5 years ago

Beth , that's all it needs .

#28 5 years ago

Here is my list of must be included. I only chose 8 which leaves room for debate on others or later stuff -

Love Gun
    Detroit Rock City
    I Want You
    I Was Made For Lovin' You (It was massive in Australia)
    100,000 Years
    Rock N Roll All Night
    Shout It Out Loud
    Parasite

I wonder if they could have a nice big song list and the player gets to choose between old or new stuff at the start of a game with a short list of mode related songs that can't be changed. Also a 'random' choice at the start of the game so a song is chosen randomly at the start of each ball.

With proper artwork, not photo shopped rubbish, Ritchie or Borg as designers and Lyman doing the code, I think this would be the first ever machine I would put my name down for at the get go. Stern have the opportunity to produce something really really special here. They should know what the people like and will buy e.g. ACDC and Metallica. Please Stern, don't skimp and you will have another best seller on your hands. A colour display would be nice but concentrate on artwork and toys. Oh, and can we have a stereo not mono soundtrack too please?

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Their home town? They are from N.Y, the Bronx.

My bad. Always thought they were from MI. Doh!

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

When I talked to Gary about it, he wanted to make a KISS machine but he said Gene wanted too much and Gene wanted the cash up front. So they left it at that.

But who's to say Gene didn't come to his senses. After all, $$$ is still $$$. And Genes ego would love to say "we have the most successful rock pinball machine ever made!" Or something.

Probably once Gene heard that AC/DC was the best selling Stern ever, he felt that he had to get in on the action.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Probably once Gene heard that AC/DC was the best selling Stern ever, he felt that he had to get in on the action.

There is no bigger fan than me, but if I see Singer and Thayer in Peter's & Ace's make up...........I am not buying! Mind you I am a huge Eric Singer fan, but I am not spending thousands for imitation.

#32 5 years ago

Where is the info confirming a new machine? I'm already starting to pull out my wallet!!

#34 5 years ago

There is no bigger fan than me, but if I see Singer and Thayer in Peter's & Ace's make up...........I am not buying! Mind you I am a huge Eric Singer fan, but I am not spending thousands for imitation.

But it's not Ace's and Peter's make-up, not anymore anyway. Both of them made the decision to sell their make-up designs to the KISS Corp. Tommy and Eric wear the make-up they are hired to wear. This is KISS of today, not '74-'79. The pinball will reflect KISS of today.

I am a die hard fan of KISS, I love Ace & Peter. I am also realistic, not everything stays the same. In hindsight, Paul even states in his new book that putting Eric C. and Vinnie in new characters were a huge mistake. Doesn't make it right as we fans see it, but it is reality. I am happy just to have KISS 40 years later. And a new KISS pinball makes it that much better.

This machine will/would be a HUGE seller for Stern. It crosses over to the worldwide KISS collectors, not just pinball enthusiasts. LE's will sell out in minutes.

The translites alone will become highly collectable

#35 5 years ago

There is no bigger fan than me, but if I see Singer and Thayer in Peter's & Ace's make up...........I am not buying!

I'm not either!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Where is the info confirming a new machine? I'm already starting to pull out my wallet!!

http://www.pinballinventor.org/welcome.html

No idea if it's confirmed or not.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

The pinball will reflect KISS of today.

I would not buy a Foghat pin that reflected the Foghat of today either.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

http://www.pinballinventor.org/welcome.html

No idea if it's confirmed or not.

I'd say not, because Stern just said they got the KISS license.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I would not buy a Foghat pin that reflected the Foghat of today either.

How about Focus?

Hocus Pocus! By Focus!

rd.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

But it's not Ace's and Peter's make-up, not anymore anyway. Both of them made the decision to sell their make-up designs to the KISS Corp.

I always assumed so as well, but Rolling Stone says Ace still owns his character. I'm not sure how that works.
    Scott

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from shakethatmachine:

I always assumed so as well, but Rolling Stone says Ace still owns his character. I'm not sure how that works.
    Scott

Ace got drunk (which isn't unusual) and sold the rights to KISS years ago.

Ace doesn't even recall doing it. He can't recall a lot of things ... Which is quite sad.

If anyone has time, the Paul Stanley autobiography which came out a month ago is very good reading.

rd.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Ace got drunk (which isn't unusual) and sold the rights to KISS years ago.
    Ace doesn't even recall doing it. He can't recall a lot of things ... Which is quite sad.
    If anyone has time, the Paul Stanley autobiography which came out a month ago is very good reading.
    rd.

I have read Gene's and Ace's. I won't even bother reading Peter's book.

Even after hearing Paul and Gene bitch about Ace for the last 20 years, I always liked the guy. Then I read his book, and I realized that they were right and he was a total waste of space. So much potential just wasted.

#43 5 years ago

Scott

Quoted from Mar 26th Rolling Stone:

Each member of Kiss had designed his own makeup. Criss relinquished the rights to his character when he left (although he's confused about the circumstances), and Frehley maintains that he licensed his. He says he's due to get the rights back soon, a claim Stanley called a "fantasy": "We own it. He sold it." In the meantime, Thayer, who once worked as the band's road manager, wears Frehley's makeup.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/kiss-forever-40-years-of-feuds-and-fury-

#44 5 years ago

Only put "Lick it Up" on the pin. Just plays over and over again.

#45 5 years ago

Is there an official press release for this KISS announcement? I can't find any other info other than this thread.

#46 5 years ago

Where was this announced???
    I'd rather have Zidware one!

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Where was this announced???
    I'd rather have Zidware one!

Right here on Pinside 2 days ago.

The Zidware one might never have actually come out. The Stern one you know will be produced .

#48 5 years ago

I can't find the announcement link. Does anyone have it?

#49 5 years ago

I always assumed so as well, but Rolling Stone says Ace still owns his character. I'm not sure how that

Kiss pays Ace for the right to use his likeness.

#50 5 years ago

Wonder if they'll get on for the set of "That Metal Show."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 142.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 189.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside