Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by vdojaq
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kissoops (resized).jpg
    IMG_3193 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0066 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0065 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0064 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0074 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Kiss pinball restore done right. CHATTANOOGAPINBALL's Kung Fu is strong. 600.00 just in paint all new everything

IMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPG

IMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPG

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPG

IMG_0065 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPG

IMG_0066 (resized).JPGIMG_0066 (resized).JPG

IMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Looks amazing! But don't they usually ask a ridiculous price on these?

#3 6 years ago

Consider the cost to do this type of restore
    2200.00 for the base pinball
    220.00 stencil kit
    500.00 new boards
    150.00 new plastics
    100.00 rails
    118. Door skin
    150.00 coils
    140.00 flipper kits
    90.00 legs
    60.00 glass
    60.00 pop number kits
    120.00 LED'S
    800.00 paint and material
    200.00 mis

So just this is over 5000.00 and I am sure I am leaving off the small stuff and 100 man hours

#4 6 years ago

The next Kiss we do I will have a additional 2300.00 in because I have a new old stock back glass and play field going in that

#5 6 years ago

Love this game- but the price/reality distortion field is far to strong for me to break through! Maybe I will stumble across a barn find one day...

Looks great!

#6 6 years ago

Those stencils used are horrible. The Ace head is way too big on the right side, or did they(stencils) get applied to the wrong sides? The right backbox orange arrows are terrible too.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Those stencils used are horrible. The Ace head is way too big on the right side, or did they(stencils) get applied to the wrong sides? The right backbox orange arrows are terrible too.

Good catch!!! The stencils are backwards....looks like the right side got put on the left and the left got put on the right. Here is a pic of mine.....sorry it's a crappy one but you can see the difference if you look close.

IMG_3193 (resized).JPGIMG_3193 (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago

KISS pinball restore done WRONG!!! Classic!

#9 6 years ago

Wow you guys are good!! At least it didn't turn out looking like this...

kissoops (resized).jpgkissoops (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

Dale,
    I would delete this thread before it gets any worse. If this is to show people how you do a restoration the right way. You did it all wrong. If you do a restoration, and want the big bucks, you have to look at the details. And what I see is that the inside of the cabinet looks like shit. YOu should have removed the metal board plate and painted inside of the head. Also, on the back board of the lower cabinet, there are two metal parts, and you just painted over them.

If I was coming to look at this to buy a "restored" pin and opened it up at your place. Besides laughing loudly, id be pissed and ask you to pay for my gas and buy me a lunch for wasting my time

and really curious how you come up with your numbers. You have been doing this to long to have those numbers. so you are fluffing them,

#11 6 years ago

So add $220 more for another stencil kit to make the cabinet right! I just hate to think that there will be a post in the near future from some unsuspecting buyer that didn't realize the artwork was backwards prior to purchasing!

#12 6 years ago

$2200 for "the base pinball?" That's $2200 for a roached Kiss needing restoration? If that's what you pay, then I'll find you a couple to purchase.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Dale,
    I would delete this thread before it gets any worse. If this is to show people how you do a restoration the right way. You did it all wrong. If you do a restoration, and want the big bucks, you have to look at the details. And what I see is that the inside of the cabinet looks like shit. YOu should have removed the metal board plate and painted inside of the head. Also, on the back board of the lower cabinet, there are two metal parts, and you just painted over them.
    If I was coming to look at this to buy a "restored" pin and opened it up at your place. Besides laughing loudly, id be pissed and ask you to pay for my gas and buy me a lunch for wasting my time
    and really curious how you come up with your numbers. You have been doing this to long to have those numbers. so you are fluffing them,

I wanted to point that all out too, but the stencil work is bad enough. It's a half assed restore on that cabinet at best. Yes, his prices on the items used to restore are total BS as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-pinball-restore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.