(Topic ID: 132067)

KISS PINBALL CODE UPDATE! Version 1.02 Now Available!

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kiss2.png
kiss.png
code.png
photo.jpg
stern_kiss_code_update.jpg
#1 8 years ago

stern kiss code update.jpgstern kiss code update.jpg

KISS PINBALL CODE UPDATE! Version 1.02 Now Available! Prepare for more animations, more sounds, and many fixes that make the game even better than ever! Happy 4th of July weekend!

PRO DOWNLOAD - http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-kiss-pro

LE/PREMIUM DOWNLOAD - http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-kiss-le

-READ COMPLETE READ ME FILE FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION-

V1.01 - June 29, 2015
=======================

- Initial Production Release.

V1.02 - July 1, 2015
=======================

- restructured how shots are scored on STAR targets.
- fixed a problem with special being awarded.
- changed KISS combo (and Army combo) start display effect priority (it was killing music awards)
- Fixed an issue where the endball sequence wasn't occurring for modes. This occurred if the player
drained before half completion on ball one and then drained after half completion on ball 2.
- Added Lick it up font to game and to Lick it up award DE
- Fixed a font issue for demon multiball double super jackpot
- Fixed a font issue for super jackpot
- Fixed an issue where mode select would occur when wizard modes were available.

#2 8 years ago

Cool! I hope Kiss owners enjoy it

#3 8 years ago

Nice! I'll have this on location at Lanes and Games in Cambridge, MA first thing Friday morning.

#4 8 years ago

got it in my pocket too - hope to see if the local OP will let me update it tonight or tomorrow

#5 8 years ago

Sweet.

#6 8 years ago

Nice bug fixes.

#7 8 years ago

i thought the scoring was supposed to increase for love gun mball and the insert lit at right ramp to start love gun? that was on the version they used at sfge whihc was .96 i think?. so shouldnt this update include that as well as the above?

#8 8 years ago

The code update works great! My DOA pin from last night is now playing flawlessly!

#9 8 years ago

Cause all we need is just a little patience.

#10 8 years ago

So if 1.01 is the initial production release they were literally shipping games with beta code? Are there release notes for what's been fixed since the sub 1.0 code?

#11 8 years ago

There's still a ton of shots that really don't do anything. This game will be great once there is deep code like Metallica. Now it's just fun to shoot the super silky smooth ramps (sometimes for no points). My only complaint is the straight down the middle drains when the ball ejects from the Gene head. Hopefully we can manually monkey with it and adjust.

#12 8 years ago

Need a ball save for SDTM from head shot

#13 8 years ago

There needs to be a way to activate the Super Modes without having to get lucky from a Backstage Pass award. Maybe make them available after certain combinations of modes like in ST.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

My only complaint is the straight down the middle drains when the ball ejects from the Gene head. Hopefully we can manually monkey with it and adjust.

Quoted from Chrizg:

Need a ball save for SDTM from head shot

Here is a SDTM fix suggested by LOTR_breath:

For the Gene head eject you can adjust the power of the kick out. BUT, you can also remove the plastic behind Gene's head, exposing four screws. There are cutouts in the clear plastic so you can get a screwdriver on them. Loosen the screws and while pushing the eject at the mouth as far to the left as possible, re-tighten the screws.

Source: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-rules092/page/2#post-2543982

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Here is a SDTM fix suggested in another thread by LOTR_breath:

THANK YOU!!

#16 8 years ago

will the LE already have the updated code/bugs worked out prior to shipping to customers/distribs?

#17 8 years ago

I was told yes, new code on the LEs.

#18 8 years ago

Lots of DMD action added, improved lighting effects, better scoring and easier to get to Lovegun multi-ball. What a blast! I have the Pro.photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#19 8 years ago

Had the chance to play it today. Much more dmd effects, seems like for most of shots. The city you select with the song means nothing though, for now. Probably a future update.....

#20 8 years ago

So far I haven't seen my flashers, with the big red caps, near the flippers ever go off. Are any of you seeing yours? I'm not sure if that will come during later code or if mine are defective.

#21 8 years ago

Did you test your lights? Or are you talking during a game only?

#22 8 years ago

New code still has a ways to go, but its getting better.
Here are some of my thoughts.

Dont know about you guys but Super Ramps is sooo satisfying.
Love the sounds and Dots when making shots up a ramp

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

New code still has a ways to go, but its getting better.
Here are some of my thoughts.
Dont know about you guys but Super Ramps is sooo satisfying.
Love the sounds and Dots when making shots up a ramp

It's like a free 7.5M

#24 8 years ago

I'm trying to load the 1.02 code, but when I start the process, this is all I get. I sits like this for 20 minutes and nothing happens. I've tried several times and have deleted and re-downloaded the code onto the stick a few times (everything else on it is deleted).

code.pngcode.png

#25 8 years ago

I played tonight at Joystix in Houston.....one MAJOR issue...Pittsburgh is spelled incorrectly. they left off the H, Pittsburg....unless they meant Pittsburg, Kansas, then they were correct....is that correction part of this update?

#26 8 years ago

124 mil. Great code to start with. Has all the major components already. Got to kiss army multibal. (wizard or mini wiz mode?)

-Jim

#27 8 years ago

Kiss is the first Spike game to have some stereo sound tracks
kiss.pngkiss.png

The number of dmd frames in this game is also very impressive (16385 !) :
kiss2.pngkiss2.png

#28 8 years ago

Boat Anchor. he he!

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

124 mil. Great code to start with. Has all the major components already. Got to kiss army multibal. (wizard or mini wiz mode?)
-Jim

Kiss Army appears to be the mini wizard mode at this point. It is achieved by at least getting each of the band members inserts blinking. If you complete each band member their insert will lite solid, get all solid and you can play Rock City Multiball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-pinball-code-update-version-102-now-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.