kiss-toilet-paper.jpg
Steve-Grad-with-Rick-Harrison-300x169.jpg
kissscam2.jpg
Gene-Simmons-is-Rich.jpg
gene-simmons-like_is_black_and_white.jpg
kiss-autographs.jpg
KISS_Online_Store.jpg
Quotation-Gene-Simmons-money-evil-Meetville-Quotes-40793.jpg
There are 243 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

now, let's see how fast they remove my comment from their facebook page

J.m. Ratkos "$3200 more for a signed piece of cardstock? thanks, but no thanks"

LOL!

#102 8 years ago

Assuming their shopping cart function is working properly KISS has sold a total of......

0 machines!!

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

A $12K kissLE news? I don't think so.

In my opinion the news was these 50 games are not in addition to the 600 LE but are coming out of the 600 LE total. He clarified that point while letting everyone know 50 of these games were going to be sold through an unconventional method.

#104 8 years ago

Not sure how or why people are Pissed about this? I agree the price is FN crazy but if nothing else it wont hurt the value of the games you already bought. Hell I would think current LE owners would be stoked if they can get that for them...All you need is 4 signatures to make your game jump 4k in value.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe not, but he is rapidly replacing you as the king of thumbs down.

Maybe I'm missing the mark here, but I don't think people are thumbing down Jared (everyone either knows or should know he has nothing to do with setting the price Kiss is asking for those LE's), they are just thumbing down the price and the idea that the signatures are worth 1k a pop.

My personal opinion: Kiss is taking advantage of their own customers. It is terrible; they should be ashamed of themselves. Is that Jared's fault? Not at all.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Kiss is taking advantage of their own customers. It is terrible; they should be ashamed of themselves.

Funny

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is that Jared's fault? Not at all.

Maybe not. But as the promotor of all things promoted he should have known better. Also this thread was not properly linked to a market place ad so thumbs down to that .

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe not. But as the promotor of all things promoted he should have known better. Also this thread was not properly linked to a market place ad so thumbs down to that .

I don't agree with linking it to marketplace because he's not a distributor

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is not the place for you to suggest what should be linked or what should not be linked to a market place ad. Start a mod feedback thread and discuss it with us if you like, but please don't guess. Thanks.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is not the place for you to suggest what should be linked or what should not be linked to a market place ad. Start a mod feedback thread and discuss it with us if you like, but please don't guess. Thanks.

I really don't think he gave a shit. Just making an observation.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Also this thread was not properly linked to a market place ad so thumbs down to that .

Allow me to put this to rest, once and for all.

Jared is not selling these 50 Kiss machines. He is simply providing a facebook link to an announcement.

Since Jared is not the owner of these machines, he is not violating the market place ad rule.

If anyone has an issue with our handling of this thread, please open a moderator feedback thread and the entire team will be happy to discuss it with you.

Marcus

#112 8 years ago

I don't think it could really count as an ad because who the f**k would actually buy one, anyway?

It's more like posting a train wreck.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was just going by what Whysnow said. Isn't he usually right?

#114 8 years ago

No idea why everyone is being so hard on Jared.

He informed what is going on.

Like it or not. There is a KISS Army out there. And if you buy a KISS pinball. They will keep the value going in your game, maybe even appreciating.

Look at how many years the Bally KISS has been selling for good money on Ebay to the KISS Army crowd. Nobody was posting about screwing newbs then or how it is bad for pinball.

That is worth thinking about if you invest in a KISS pin.

LTG : )™

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And if you buy a KISS pinball. They will keep the value going in your game, maybe even appreciating.

15k by Chirstmas?!?

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea why everyone is being so hard on Jared.
He informed what is going on.
Like it or not. There is a KISS Army out there. And if you buy a KISS pinball. They will keep the value going in your game, maybe even appreciating.
Look at how many years the Bally KISS has been selling for good money on Ebay to the KISS Army crowd. Nobody was posting about screwing newbs then or how it is bad for pinball.
That is worth thinking about if you invest in a KISS pin.

No one's really being hard on Jarod...we're pushing back on a NIB pin selling for $12k ...it is what it is - this crowd is burning out on NIB pin pricing. That may or may not affect pin companies bottom line - I have no idea - but people are going to speak their minds.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No one's really being hard on Jarod

I'm sorry. I must have misunderstood the 37 down votes.

#118 8 years ago

He did tell us to "shout it out loud!"

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought the same thing. It has nothing to do with Jared. If anything people should be happy that they know their KISS games will always be worth something considering the KISS army that is out there and willing to pay top dollar for anything with their name on it.

#120 8 years ago

The way I see it is Jared works for Stern and Stern is making these machines so there is a connection.

#121 8 years ago

If Jared hadn't posted it for everyone to see as quick as he did, wouldn't the first person to stumble across it have done so anyway? Seems like something people would discuss regardless.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Since Jared is not the owner of these machines, he is not violating the market place ad rule.

Just to be clear, if anyone would like me to start posting info about games they have for sale in non-market place areas just provide the info and I am happy to do so

#123 8 years ago

For 4k I will have Centerflank come to your home in the continental United States and sign your forehead! Then YOU can be 10k by Christmas.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

37 people don't like Kiss LE selling for $12k. Simple as that.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

37 people don't like Kiss LE selling for $12k. Simple as that.

At least 37 don't like Kiss period.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just to be clear, if anyone would like me to start posting info about games they have for sale in non-market place areas just provide the info and I am happy to do so

And just so that we are clear, if we find that people are deliberately circumventing the market place tool, then site punishments will be issued accordingly.

Marcus

#127 8 years ago

wow..... $12k for this pin???

For around the same amount of $$ I'd buy these two amazing pins - MET MONSTER PREMIUM and a IM VE

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Assuming their shopping cart function is working properly KISS has sold a total of......
0 machines!!

Did you try and Cart all 50?

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

And just so that we are clear, if we find that people are deliberately circumventing the market place tool, then site punishments will be issued accordingly.
Marcus

I think he is just trying to point out that if I posted a link to someones ebay sale, I'd probably run afoul of that rule. And yet that is really what this thread is. A pointer to a sale of pinball machines on another site.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

So just to be really clear how is this thread any different than what Whysnow suggested?

#131 8 years ago

Just installed on my KISS - thanks for posting Jared!

kiss-autographs.JPGkiss-autographs.JPG

#132 8 years ago

I just gave Jared a thumbs up for educating us about this sales channel. All Stern distributors should be thrilled, since now they look like a bargain!

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

kiss-autographs.JPG

12k by Christmas..... Hell... 12k NOW!!!!!

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

kiss-autographs.JPG

And you saved $3K!

Back to my point, I guess I see this thread as a bit like trolling. I understand that Jared is trying to advertise Stern's latest game, but it's admittedly overpriced and subject to a lot of debate. And Jared is absent from the fray.

At any rate, I own Kiss and I think it's a killer game. Life goes on.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So just to be really clear how is this thread any different than what Whysnow suggested?

Thank you for asking this question.

The difference would be intention. The moderator team discussed this thread, and determined that Jared was not attempting to circumvent the market tool. In good faith, he simply shared a Facebook link. We felt that Jared's post was not an attempt to break Pinside Rules and sell something on Pinside without using the market tool.

Now, if another Pinsider makes a similar post, the moderator team will evaluate the post and determine if the post was a deliberate attempt to sell something on Pinside without using the market tool. If the team believes the post was made in good faith, then the post will be allowed to flourish.

However, if we feel that the post is a deliberate attempt to sell an item on Pinside without using the market tool, we will take appropriate action.

If there are any additional questions about the moderator team stance, please open a moderator feedback thread. This thread is about the fifty signed Kiss LE pinball machines offered by the Kiss Army. So please keep all future posts in this thread about the topic, and not about what constitutes a market tool infraction.

Thanks.

Marcus

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

In good faith, he simply shared a Facebook link.

I see he also posted the buy it now link. It sure looked to me like he was showing us where and how to get Choggered. But I also understand how special he is...

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

kiss-autographs.JPG

nice! Just saved myself a backup of that photo just in case I end up with a KISS myself.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see he also posted the buy it now link. It sure looked to me like he was showing us where and how to get Choggered. But I also understand how special he is...

The proper conjugation of the verb is "to get Choggarded." SOMEbody didn't study for the test.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

how special he is...

it is strange that some get special privileges and the criteria become very convoluted to accommodate certain situations.

Seems to me like it is easy to make it very black/white. That is how Gene would like it (I think we need a tounge flicking emoticon)

gene-simmons-like is black and white.jpggene-simmons-like is black and white.jpg

#140 8 years ago

How I picture Gene Simmons....

Gene-Simmons-is-Rich.jpgGene-Simmons-is-Rich.jpg

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I didn't say it was. I just didn't want this to turn into an attack on a guy who is just doing his job. Which brings me to...

And this forum is social media. So he came on here to let pinheads know about another option for a machine. He never said it was a great deal because he's not a stupid guy.

You said he was Stern's PR guy. He's not stupid but going to pinside to let the most informed and scrupulous buyers know a 12k KISS machine is for sale WAS STUPID. Over 40 downvotes. He should have known better.

#142 8 years ago

At $12K it should be called the KISS MY ASS LE

#143 8 years ago

I guess "shout it out loud" is what people are doing, so the OP got his wish.

#144 8 years ago

Jared's post had no subliminal intent to me. I didn't even notice Jared posted it. I saw a post showing Kiss selling marked up games with signatures.

Everything about this thread after that is completely retarded!

#145 8 years ago

What we should all really be complaining about is paying almost 8 G's for an LE in the 1st place - that's just as outrageous as this machine.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

What we should all really be complaining about is paying almost 8 G's for an LE in the 1st place

I think better than complaining would be to ask why in 2015 there is a new Kiss pinball machine to begin with.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think better than complaining would be to ask why in 2015 there is a new Kiss pinball machine to begin with.

Because the Kiss Amry looks like a great potential buying base.

#148 8 years ago

Spending 11 5 on a TRON LE is looking much better to me now!

#149 8 years ago

What is all the fuss. The Le price includes shipping within North America. So if that was in Canadian pricing and included taxes and customs that sounds about right. But wait I am dreaming. Oh forget it. I will be a nice person and give someone else (sucker) a chance to purchase. Hurry before they are sold out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 243 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-online-offering-50-signed-limited-edition-machines/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.