kiss-toilet-paper.jpg
Steve-Grad-with-Rick-Harrison-300x169.jpg
kissscam2.jpg
Gene-Simmons-is-Rich.jpg
gene-simmons-like_is_black_and_white.jpg
kiss-autographs.jpg
KISS_Online_Store.jpg
Quotation-Gene-Simmons-money-evil-Meetville-Quotes-40793.jpg

There are 243 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 8 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10153512364784244

KISS is offering 50 special Limited Edition Pinball machines. These 50 are from within the full run of 600 but have special score cards which are signed by all 4 members of the band, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer. These machines are for sale exclusively on https://www.shopkissonline.com/pinball . Shout it out loud!

IMG_2209.jpegIMG_2209.jpegIMG_6098.jpegIMG_6098.jpegIMG_1201.jpegIMG_1201.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

$11,995 by August!

#3 8 years ago

These guys are high...and they don't spel so gud. I'm going to go join the Kiss Amry RIGHT NOW!!!

Pinball Machine -Limited Edition
$11,995.00
IN STOCK
Limited Edition

Don’t miss your chance for the ultimate pinball experience.

There's only 75 left of this model in the entire world and we’ve secured 50 for our most loyal fans, the KISS AMRY. To make this even more special, Gene, Paul, Tommy and Eric have hand signed these units.

#4 8 years ago

They could have at least signed the translite.

#5 8 years ago

And btw...who the hell is Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer? Oh yeah...that's right...

Fake Kiss.

They've got Ace and Peter on the game, but it's signed by a cover band.

#6 8 years ago

So like $1K or so per signature? Fail.

#7 8 years ago

Is anyone in the Kiss army that brain dead from all the drugs taken in the 70s and 80s to actually fall for this?

#8 8 years ago

I'm a huge KISS Fan but I would never! NEVER EVER pay $4100 extra for four signatures that's just completely crazy! I'm sure there are some people who would but damn man that's just N.V.T.S.....NUTS!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I'm a huge KISS Fan but I would never! NEVER EVER pay $4100 extra for four signatures that's just completely crazy! I'm sure there are some people who would but damn man that's just N.V.T.S.....NUTS!

Agreed! They're charging $1500 over the MSRP for the Pros and Premiums!! I'm sure some poor sucker will pay. You'd think they would've learned from the $4500 Monster book that failed miserably. The guy that got commissioned to print them is taking on helluva bath.

#10 8 years ago

You should be ashamed for even posting this. These prices have clearly crossed the line of price gouging! Stern is so concerned about not allowing the distribution chanel to discuss prices in public how about not allowing them to rape their customers like this?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

You should be ashamed for even posting this. These prices have clearly crossed the line of price gouging! Stern is so concerned about not allowing the distribution chanel to discuss prices in public how about not allowing them to rape their customers like this?

I don't see any problem with posting this. I agree with you that's it's unfortunate that Stern is allowing it with so little added value. If the seller added fancy armor, topper, etc., then it's another story. If it's really just signed cards, it's pretty crazy. Oh well...I remember back in 2004 Sharper Image was selling LOTR and TSPP with a 2k markup and they didn't have any signatures

#12 8 years ago

So next you'll be telling us a footlong is now $11?

hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg

#13 8 years ago

I'm a huge KISS fan... You would be surprised what people pay. Look at the signed guitars they sell. I bet these sell out quickly.

#14 8 years ago

The pricing is outrageous but doubt Stern has any control over what they are charging. Sure seems like they are screwing their most loyal "Army" fans. Jared - surprised you posted this here since the response is obvious. I'd keep as far away from this one as possible.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

I'm a huge KISS fan... You would be surprised what people pay. Look at the signed guitars they sell. I bet these sell out quickly.

Well, then there's more than one sucker born every minute, and you Kiss fans get what you deserve - a subpar product at a premium price. And I'm talking about the band. Although the machine isn't worth that price either...nor are their autographs.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

The pricing is outrageous but doubt Stern has any control over what they are charging. Sure seems like they are screwing their most loyal "Army" fans. Jared - surprised you posted this here since the response is obvious. I'd keep as far away from this one as possible.

I'd keep away from attacking Jared about this. Attack the outrageous prices. Jared is just a good guy doing his job...and his job is PR for Stern, which he does very well.

#17 8 years ago

Gene Simmons is going to buy them all just so it looks as though they sold .

#18 8 years ago

Blasphemy! KISS is awesome! I would not pay 4k extra for the autographs though... I'll be happy with my unsigned LE! It does still amaze me what people are willing to pay for KISS stuff. It's like anything else, if people didn't pay it, the price would come down. I can't throw too many stones though, I go on the Kruises.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10153512364784244
KISS is offering 50 special Limited Edition Pinball machines. These 50 are from within the full run of 600 but have special score cards which are signed by all 4 members of the band, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer. These machines are for sale exclusively on https://www.shopkissonline.com/pinball . Shout it out loud!
IMG_2209.jpeg IMG_6098.jpeg IMG_1201.jpeg

You have got to be kidding me. Who's the brains at Stern who thought this up. That has got to be one of the worlds most expensive 3X5 pieces of paper..

#20 8 years ago

SOOOOOO if I printed of some black and silver instruction cards and have kiss sign the cards will my pin jump 4K?.....LOL

#21 8 years ago

Can I Pre-order one of these now?

#22 8 years ago

Lol. KISS has selling out down pat.

P.S. @ Boob: Could Ace even hold a pencil in his current state?

Edit: I would love to have a KISS someday, but not at shopkissonline.com prices. Hory Clap!!

#23 8 years ago

Why are you even talking about this bs.....move on.

#24 8 years ago

Ace can hold IMG_9459.jpgIMG_9459.jpga pencil.

#25 8 years ago

10K BEFORE Christmas LOL! That's without signed cards.

#26 8 years ago

WHEW! I was lucky and got them all

Screen_Shot_2015-08-12_at_12.13.52_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-08-12_at_12.13.52_AM.png

#27 8 years ago

Kiss owns these machines, they can sell it for whatever they want. Don't see it any different than everyone charging a premium for tron, bible, and the rest. Stern has nothing to do with this sale, these machines are the property of kiss.

#28 8 years ago

I love the word "offering" when talking about this sale. Kiss is way too generous.

#29 8 years ago

Bad move on sterns part for being associated with this on social media. They had to know this would piss of the regular pin customers.

#30 8 years ago

12k!?!?!? F that S.

Sorry, but the Premium/LE are already way overpriced considering they barely offer anything over the Pro.

Oh well, that's pinhead talk...Kiss fans won't know the difference and they'll probably sell them all at that price. Can't expect us to NOT talk shit about it, though.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd keep away from attacking Jared about this. Attack the outrageous prices. Jared is just a good guy doing his job...and his job is PR for Stern, which he does very well.

Hard to see how "Jared - surprised you posted this here since the response is obvious" is an attack. I also think he's doing a good job but misread this one since it's not good PR for Stern on Pinside.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And btw...who the hell is Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer? Oh yeah...that's right...
Fake Kiss.
They've got Ace and Peter on the game, but it's signed by a cover band.

Scabs are in all of the DMD video, which there will be more of.

Really the thing to do would just be to get Ace and Peter to sign your KISS scorecard at a Con or something for 50 bucks each or whatever. You'll have to live without Gene and Paul most likely.

Who cares anyway...well, major Kisstards will. But I would bet very few will be stupid enough to pay $12000 for a $5000 pinball machine just to get this signed instruction card. Kiss success with merchandising the really expensive stuff is a myth. THat stupid gigantic $5,000 book they sold a few years ago moved very few copies and left the publisher bankrupt.

#34 8 years ago

Quotation-Gene-Simmons-money-evil-Meetville-Quotes-40793.jpgQuotation-Gene-Simmons-money-evil-Meetville-Quotes-40793.jpg

#35 8 years ago

Welcome to NZ prices........

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Welcome to NZ prices........

And Canadian prices too! I'm going to go with a KISS pro I think.

Rob

#37 8 years ago

I wonder if these 50 LE's were part of the licensing fee Stern had to pay?

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wasn't it Kiss that paid Stern to make this?

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Smart guy

#40 8 years ago

8K by Christmas

#41 8 years ago

They sure know how to milk the cow..

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let's clear something up. Jared is not STERN's PR guy...Jody is. Jared is their social media community manager. That being said, I think Jared does a great job but what he needs to work on is context and delivery at times. The ONLY people who would think this offering was good are DIE-HARD KISS fanatics who as someone else said, pay top dollar for signed items. Jared should have known that cheerleading a 12K KISS LE on pinside would be met with a negative response. Hence the down votes. Hence people saying Stern should stop this.

It seems like Jared is easily excited by Stern news, but he needs to think about his audience more before he posts these "look at this great thing we just did". He'll get there.

#43 8 years ago

I find autographs for money generally distasteful. It's not something I value or would pay extra to own. As people began selling them decades ago, I can see where the celebrities would follow suit and charge for them. With retired athletes, the paid appearances make a little sense to me. For active performers and athletes, it seems greedy to me. The masses have spoken and I appear to be in the minority on this one as it is a huge industry.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Stern has nothing to do with this sale

aside from advertising them for sale on FB and Pinside, lol.

Missed the mark on this one Jared.

If you are going to use pinside to publicly hawk SEVERELY overpriced games then how about the flipside and you also use it to address things we care about...
like:
What is the deal with all the kiss issues and why has Stern been so slow to respond?
What happened to the ST designers Q&A and why no answers after they had originally agreed to it?
Where are next code updates coming?
WWE in particular has been sitting out in "crap land" for code and no improvement in sight...

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WWE in particular has been sitting out in "crap land" for code and no improvement in sight...

Free Hulk Hogan autograph though.

#46 8 years ago

I have no problem with KISS trying to sell their pins for whatever amount they want. They are their pins.

I do think it's in bad taste for Stern to support price gouging, especially here.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I have no problem with KISS trying to sell their pins for whatever amount they want. They are their pins.
I do think it's in bad taste for Stern to support price gouging, especially here.

Yea, I think Stern should be separating themselves from the sale of these. Especially since the prices of pins on shopkissonline.com are higher than even Sterns MSRP.

#48 8 years ago

Jared - Are these 50 pins owned by KISS or did Stern hold them back and is selling them through the KISS web site?

I sure hope it's the former.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Hard to see how "Jared - surprised you posted this here since the response is obvious" is an attack.

I didn't say it was. I just didn't want this to turn into an attack on a guy who is just doing his job. Which brings me to...

Quoted from kaneda:

Let's clear something up. Jared is not STERN's PR guy...Jody is. Jared is their social media community manager.

And this forum is social media. So he came on here to let pinheads know about another option for a machine. He never said it was a great deal because he's not a stupid guy.

#50 8 years ago

Wow. Makes that Star Wars signed translite look like a great deal!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 243 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-online-offering-50-signed-limited-edition-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.