kiss gene head paint pics 005.JPG
Kiss insert 002.JPG
Kiss insert 001.JPG
image-659.jpg
image.jpg
20150614_235918.jpg
$_57.JPG
IMAG1742.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Oddly enough, I saw the black streaks on the balls from the spinning disc on the Kiss I played in Minneapolis, but not yet on the one in Madison. Possibly because Hilton and the crew changed out the balls to a higher quality? I would suspect the one in Minnie has the original balls and not sure if this has made a difference or not.

The one at Mortimer's and has a ton of plays already. It's the same issue as Tron when it first came out with the black rubber marks/pieces everywhere. Stern said to use rubbing alcohol on the disc and that they were aware of the issue, it doesn't have to do with the balls. D&G removed the rubber disc completely in the meantime as it was really gunking up the game.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

Thanks for playin' at Mort's!
After removing the disc and thoroughly cleaning the playfield, there is no more black rubber floating around. Flippers are SuperBands at this point as well. I might try the alcohol method, or I was thinking about using a decal that has a little grit to it (looking at my TMNT pizza spinner now).

Tony's was really bad at Sun Ray last night too. Playfield looked like a normal route game at most locations (filthy) and the balls had black rubber marks all over them. He has cleaned the game multiple times too. Hopefully the rubber disc stops wearing soon.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

John, how does removing the desk affect play? Does it still put any spin on the ball or does it just dribble straight out now? Was just curious what this would do to the gameplay.

It doesn't have the spin/action on it, more of a dribble. It slows the gameplay down and makes the game less random.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

The Starchild zone to qualify Love Gun MB is very poorly done. It may take one shot that bounces around forever and lands in the saucer, or you may take 10 clean shots that hit a couple targets and roll out without much progress. I only played about 5 games and experienced both of these extremes when trying solely for Love Gun. Hopefully that area gets utilized better because as of now it's pretty weak.

Another thing that is frustrating with the Starchild area is that when it comes out of there, you have to hit another switch to reactivate the area. If it drains out of there to the right flipper and put it back in there, the zone is still dead and it will just drain right out. You currently have to hit another switch in between the two shots, which you shouldn't have to.

#154 8 years ago

We had our first known reset on KISS tonight. I was rocking out on Demon MB during a 3 player game and the game reset back to the Stern title screen. First time for me in about a dozen games now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-on-location-in-madison-lets-talk-first-impressions?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.