Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3729.JPG
kiss gene head paint pics 001.JPG
kiss gene head paint pics 002.JPG
kiss gene head paint pics 003.JPG
kiss gene head paint pics 004.JPG
kiss gene head paint pics 005.JPG
Kiss insert 002.JPG
Kiss insert 001.JPG
image-659.jpg
image.jpg
20150614_235918.jpg
$_57.JPG
IMAG1742.jpg

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

My money would be on Chris S.

Yeah, he will have all three, but is gone on tour again, so he may not be the first to get pics of them together. Maybe I will take a picture of the Kiss LE in the box still... would that count?

#152 4 years ago

Lock insert on mine.. Look on the right side of the insert

IMG_3729.JPG
#153 4 years ago

That is some CV-esque ghosting.

#154 4 years ago

We had our first known reset on KISS tonight. I was rocking out on Demon MB during a 3 player game and the game reset back to the Stern title screen. First time for me in about a dozen games now.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd like to know who's gonna be the first Pinsider to have MET LE, ACDC LE and KISS LE next to each other at home. That will make some picture.

I might not be first but I will have that exact lineup.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

We had our first known reset on KISS tonight. I was rocking out on Demon MB during a 3 player game and the game reset back to the Stern title screen. First time for me in about a dozen games now.

please call it in to Stern today/asap!

Even if you are not the owner of the game. I think Chas is the guy we have spoken to.

They better drop a code update ASAP/today so we can install it before the launch on Sat. Gonna have a lot of pissed off people during the launch if we are seeing resets, esp during a MB.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

please call it in to Stern today/asap!
Even if you are not the owner of the game. I think Chas is the guy we have spoken to.
They better drop a code update ASAP/today so we can install it before the launch on Sat. Gonna have a lot of pissed off people during the launch if we are seeing resets, esp during a MB.

We won't be mad at you.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

We won't be mad at you.

I am bringging GeneO and he can take care of all complaints

#159 4 years ago

I've had 3 resets in about 100 games, I had it happen once from rocking the spinner too fast the sound change and poof gone.

#160 4 years ago

Few thoughts. Buying the pin right away is sort of like buying the first model year of a car. There are gonna be kinks. Kinks that will be worked out but early adopters will get frustrated. Second, it's a pinball machine. A steel ball is moving super fast over wood and plastic. Scuffs will happen. Wanting a machine to look mint is not what the steel ball has in mind. I get a nib game should stay mint for longer than a day, but sometimes the need to keep it mint takes away from just having some flipping fun. All that said, genes head looks like the artist was drunk. No excuse.

#161 4 years ago

i thought restarts were usually due to lack of voltage. Why would a code bug cause one?

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

i thought restarts were usually due to lack of voltage. Why would a code bug cause one?

There have been several known reset issues regarding code. WH2O LH6 fixes a reset issue during multiball if the bigfoot hotfoot targets are hit repeatedly. BoP L-8 fixes an L-7 multiplayer 1B shot bug that would reset the game. I'm sure there are others.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

code bugs can lead to game getting confused and then locking up. Locking up then can have code telling game to reboot.

Based on symptoms everyone seems to be experiencing (multiplayer game and during Demon MB) it sounds to be bug related.

#164 4 years ago

This is code related. They will fix it.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

This is code related. They will fix it.

Yes we all realize they will. The issue is it happening during the "KISS" Launch Party Tournament.
Just going to have to deal with it if it happens. Can't blam the organizers for a malfunction they can't control.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I've had 3 resets in about 100 games, I had it happen once from rocking the spinner too fast the sound change and poof gone.

I played 2 games and had a reset. First Demon mutiball I got.

As for first impressions...definitely need to get more games on it. I hit the right ramp no problem on the fly, little tougher from a trap. Star child area seemed easy enough to hit but no reward yet. And they spelled Pittsburgh wrong on the city selection.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I played 2 games and had a reset.

Has anybody reported these resets at Stern ??
So they can fix it in the next update (soon i hope)

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Has anybody reported these resets at Stern ??
So they can fix it in the next update (soon i hope)

yes, they have been reported a few times now. Also hit up their FB page and still no response.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It doesn't have the spin/action on it, more of a dribble. It slows the gameplay down and makes the game less random.

As I stated earlier, I just thought the ball was just rattling out of the lock. It seems poorly executed to me.

1 month later
#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I've played almost 100 games on my Premium and haven't had any restarts. My SPIKE system came with the following "off the shelf" switching power supply:

http://www.jameco.com/1/1/53426-rsp-500-48-ac-dc-switching-enclosed-power-supply-single-output-pfc-function-48-volts-10-5-amps-504-watts.html

I believe SPIKE is the first Stern platform to use a switching power supply. In general, it hasn't been used much in the manufacturing of pinball machines. It also has a noisy fan (which is on this device, I why I even know about the change).

Hopefully the restart problem has been solved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside