8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2015-10-20_at_7.00.42_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-10-20_at_7.00.26_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

So, I just turned on my machine after getting home from work and it seems the magnet motor used to drag the ball across the back of the playfield wall is not working. Any ideas on what I should check before calling Stern?

I went into the service menu and tried to test the motor, but nothing happened and it said "failed" each time. I checked the connections I thought were associated with it and nothing seems to be loose. It worked when I turned it off last night.

Hope this isn't a major issue and just something came loose that I missed.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for advice! I'll have to check that. Not too familiar with how pinball machines work yet to figure out which fuse it would be. I called Stern, but was on hold when they closed. Left a message. Hopefully I get a call back tomorrow morning.

#4 8 years ago

I spoke to Stern. They are going to try and send me a new motor and board, as they were unsure which it would be.

Just for the record, here is what seems to be happening:

- I turn on the machine and hear a loud click. The Starchild motor doesn't do a test run.
- I go into the service menu and check the switches. Both switches (53 and 54) sound and seem to be working properly when i physically touch them with my finger.
- I go into the KISS test menu and test the Starchild Motor. Nothing happens when it tries to "move from switch 53 to switch 54" and I get a "failed" message on the machine.

I checked to see if there was anything blocking or prohibiting the motor from moving and I can't seem to find anything. No wires stuck by the motor, no loose connections that I could find.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks capguntrooper! Sorry, I wasn't able to get back to you sooner. Watched the GGG fight on Saturday night. I'll see what's up for this week and shoot you a PM.

#7 8 years ago

So I went under the playfield again just now and checked all my connections for the 10th time... and the Starchild motor works again. Not sure what connection was loose as I didn't think I really tightened any this time. But, hey, I'm not complaining.

And thanks again, capguntrooper, for the help offer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-magnet-motor-for-love-gun-multiball-not-working?tu=jeffsarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.