(Topic ID: 135038)

Kiss LE - Where the hell is the power button to turn it on?

By Barakawins1

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pinzzz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender.jpeg
ziggypiggy.png
IMG_1153.jpg
FuggolegesVideo-StarWarsSkinnyEdition.jpg
21.jpg
00295535-016668_500.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-08-09_at_12.42.06_AM.png
Leather_.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Put_the_belt_in_the_bucket_sir.jpg
IMG_1493.jpg
image.jpg
butt.png
King-Size_Homer.png
KISS-GENE-SIMMONS-DEMON-INFLATABLE-TONGUE.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

If I recall, it because the switch is mounted on the PS, and in a Spike system that PS is located in the head.

Not mounted on the power supply, but very close to it. You might want to suggest that idea as I'm betting they could save another 2.0372 cents it they reduced that 3 inches of wire.

IMG_1490.jpgIMG_1490.jpg

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You are clueless. Have you ever seen a lineup? If not, I've included a photo of what my Stern pinball lineup looks like. My lineup has 3-4" between head units...some have less, some have more.
With the bozo change of placing the on/off on the back box, I will have to crawl under my machine and reach (very awkward) or physically move the machine out until I can reach around the back box (very, very awkward...might have to actually unplug the machine). CRAZY!
IMG_3854.JPG

I think you are misunderstanding the location of the power switch. It isn't behind the back box. Basically if you can touch the bottom right corner on the front of the backbox....you can at least tip toe and get to the switch just under there. It doesn't really matter if there is 0 room between games.

I'm 5' 9" and it would be a barely noticeable inconvenience at worst. The bad part is really that it's an inconvenience at all...just to save a $1 or so on a shorter wire run.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

When we had this exact same arguement back in February when WWE came out, I mentioned that many computer power supplies have remote switch inputs. It really would make sense for Stern to use one like that and continue to route the hole in the bottom of the cabinet. That way the end user can buy a harness, remove a plate over the hole and install a switch. This would also make it easy for Stern to admit defeat and start installing them in the cabinet again from the factory.

If that were an option, Stern could also decide what countries deserve the "classic" power switch location and which ones had to pay extra and instal it themselves.....like the tourney buttons.

Quoted from Pauz21:

I have no skin in the game but I disagree. It is a big deal. In my room space is tight... I have the machines side by side. Pain in the ass the slide between them to turn them on. You must be 10 feet tall if you can lean over and reach the back of the header.
If I had a machine like that I'd be modding it yesterday.

It seems that some people are still not understanding where the new power switch location is. It's not on the top or back of the backbox. It is just barely under the bottom right corner of the backbox.

Don't get me wrong, I think moving the power switch was a stupid move and if I couldn't reach it without sliding between games I would be very upset. So I do understand why some people, more than others, hate this design decision. As for the reason for the power switch move....my money is on saving a buck or two over some UL request. But suggesting that a person needs to be 10" tall to reach the switch is a silly exaggeration. I'm 5'9" and I can reach the switch location without issue or struggle.

Here's another picture of where the power switch is located. This is a picture of the switch from the inside with the translite and speaker panel pulled out.

IMG_1493.jpgIMG_1493.jpg

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What voltage is at the coin door for a bill validator ? 12V ?
LTG : )™

Quoted from vid1900:

Pin 4 on the DBA is 12V

Quoted from snaroff:

My KISS came with a long cable labeled "Bill Val AC Voltage" that I imagine plugs into the power supply in the head unit.

Quoted from John_I:

The KISS I set up yesterday had a cable in the coin box that you can install from the power supply to the coin door to power a bill validator.

I was wondering about this subject myself. I expected a DBA to need more that 12v myself.

What I know is there is a connection on the Cabinet Node board that is labeled to be used with a Dollar Bill Acceptor. It is a 12v connection. I also know that a friend of mine had a DBA in his WWE and he was NOT using the DBA connection on the Cabinet Node. He actually said he had never seen a bill acceptor that did use the 6 pin connection that is on the Cabinet Node.

As people have said, it seems that some extra harness is needed to hook these DBA up (at least certain types of them). What surprised me is that Stern would include this cable (which has to be pretty long to reach from the backbox to the coin door) for what I would guess is a pretty low percentage of people using them. They can't include a tourney button even though they have a hole drilled for one, but they include a DBA cable?

So on these Bill Val cables that Stern is including....does it say where to connect it in the backbox? Does the coin door end have 9 connection holes in a square pattern?

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The manual is too large (19m) to upload here, but google "stern kiss pinball manual pdf" and you can download it for the pinouts on the DBA connector.

I know what the pin out is on the DBA connection on the Cabinet Node....I was wonder what this cable looked like that people were mentioning that was included with each game and also where / how it plugged in the backbox?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-where-the-hell-is-the-power-button-to-turn-it-on?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.