image.jpg
IMG_1408.jpg
IMG_1406.jpg
IMG_1387.jpg
IMG_1385.jpg
IMG_1404.jpg
IMG_1403.jpg
IMG_1401.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hlazzer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Wow no dimples! Can you elaborate on what you did? What do u mean by a second coat of clear...more mylar? I thought there was already mylar in that area? Been following ur posts for weeks and would like to protect mine as much as possible once I receive it. Thanks!

Its a sheet of thin polycarbonate plastic, they play badly. Useful if you have an only game to keep from losing the last of the paint or to cover bad inserts and make everything smooth again.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

They play badly ? Why ?

I just find that the plastic does not have the same feel as the wood/clear of a normal PF. this will make a bad old PF fast since its smooth, a normal smooth PF this benefit is not there. Just my opinion. I'd only do it on a beat field that can't be replaced, there is no point to it on a new one in a house. The PF won't disintegrate in a home environment, and if it does its a manufacturing issue that the company should be fixing.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Did you confirm that both games were of the same exact pitch?
My experience with them is that they don't play any faster on games that have a nice cleared finish already. They do play faster on older games that aren't smooth. People will debate them all day long. Some like them while others don't. In a HUO environment I tend to agree they are a bit overkill but if the owner likes them that is all that matters.
As for playing like crap. People can judge for themselves. Do you enjoy playing on a mylared PF or a PF without mylar. If you can tell a difference between the two then you will have an opinion on these as it's like playing on a game that is fully mylared.

hey, don't go bringing in logic, the OP don't like that.
I just gave my opinion, never told anyone not to do it.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

If you have followed my posts Hlazzer just likes to put a negative spin on my threads or down vote them so pay no attention. The protector I am using plays a little faster than a kiss without one. FACT! I know this because I actually played both with and without. If any one needs references Just ask some one who has actually played with both

Funny, I don't see a downvote. just my opinion. FACT! measure the speed then tell me its a fact, not I think its faster so its a fact.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Lmfao, sooooo I have to measure the speed to verify it plays faster for your approval? Nah, when 8 players say it plays faster then I am going to go with that, but hey go right on ahead with your opinion, good for you man, way to put yourself out there, thumbs up little guy.

funny it magically went from you played it, to 8 mystery people. I like how you claim I just downvote you and haven't yet its exactly what you did. Thumbs up little hypocrite.
Enjoy the game, it a blast, the center ramp is a nice long satisfying shot, its a great design.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

That tends to happen when you have a party, what you didn't get invite? Wonder why. After playing Jays pin I am definitely getting a cover for my PREM, so it will play faster. Great party bro looking forward to next month, remember to send Hlazzer's invite to his PO box, his mom probably shredded the last invite because he forgot to do his chores.

yeah they all played the same other one too at the same time, in the same condition. sure. whatever, enjoy your game, its fantastic. try playing it rather than babying and and making it easier (if you are swapping rings like the OP).

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm skeptical that any PF protector is capable of eliminating dimples. Not a fan of too many protectors...I have a LOTR I bought in 2004 and it's still in awesome shape. These pins are over-engineered for the the home...no need to baby them.

these actually do stop dimpling its a polycarb sheet like a 1/16 or so thick (not sure on the exact thickness) The thing is dimpling isnt a problem it looks bad but goes away as the rest of the game gets dimpled, the problem is no one here plays enough for that to happen, these were made for routes.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

So because pinside members do preventive care on their pins is considered babying? LMFAO Hey everyone no one baby their game and take care of it or Hlazzer will have something to say, what a TROLL thing to say. Seeing a lot of questions of people wanting to take care of their pins and no one agreeing with your backwards logic, but hey your entitled to your opinion because Capguntrooper provides you that freedom.

funny at least 3 other people in here agree with me.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep, and anyone who has seen my collection knows I'm pretty picky about maintaining them. I just think putting a thick coating atop the entire PF is overkill and might have unintended consequences...especially if it's difficult to remove.

they are not bad to remove it just lays in the field, you do need to take parts of the topside to get it in or out of place though. They do have their place, and in my mind its on old games that are like sandpaper and you are desperately trying to make play decent and not lose the rest of the old art. it will keep the ball from rubbing the old, fragile, non cleared (outside of clear varnish) art off and will smooth over the cupped inserts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 29.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hlazzer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-play-field-protector-and-cliffys?tu=hlazzer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.