(Topic ID: 134961)

kiss le freezes at startup... what to do?

By gawcol

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Fast-Ed
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

quality_assurrance.jpg
11855705_10153492791204244_2647482771669918572_n.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Just went to pick up kiss Le. Where I picked up they just unboxed another le.
I stayed to see it, but it only showed the stern logo at startup, then freezes.
when home and unboxed mine, same problem...
These games were not tested in factory?
Someone familiar with this problem or knows the solution?
I already tried another sd card, but doesn't work.
Also tried usb update, but that doesn't work neither...

Damn that's dissappointing...

#2 8 years ago

Call or email Stern Pinball. I am sure they will help you get the problem fixed.

#3 8 years ago

This far into production this is completely unacceptable. Who the Hell is doing the QC on these??

#4 8 years ago

OP is from Germany. I remember the German LE machines were produced early. Seems the early runs are having the problems. Hopefully corrected in current production. Hope for Sterns sake its not endemic to the Spike system.

Hope the OP gets it fixed ASAP (new SD card??).

Edit: lots of hoping in this post

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

These games were not tested in factory?

Apparently they were. Hate it keeps freezing up on ya. Imagine Stern will get rid of these Kiss issues rather quickly.

11855705_10153492791204244_2647482771669918572_n.jpg11855705_10153492791204244_2647482771669918572_n.jpg

#6 8 years ago

I'm from Belgium. Machine is from 26 june. Tried several sd cards.
checked sd card. Only contains a boot.bin file from 12 kb.
Compared to my wwe le that works good. same, just a boot.bin file. Tried wwe le sdcard (kingston) with kiss boot.bin file. didn't work neither.
pffff...

#7 8 years ago

Thats a bummer. Do you have a distributor you can see what he has to help, if not does the 1800kickers phone number work from your country? You would have to wait until tomorrow since its evening here. Curious how the product is usually supported overseas....

Quoted from gawcol:

I'm from Belgium. Machine is from 26 june. Tried several sd cards.
checked sd card. Only contains a boot.bin file from 12 kb.
Compared to my wwe le. same here. Tried wwe le sdcard (kingston) with kiss boot.bin file. didn't work neither.
pffff...

#8 8 years ago

Wow. This Spike roll-out has been a train wreck. With this many games showing symptoms it makes you wonder if they knew about it but shipped anyway and said 'we'll fix it later'.

Weak.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I'm from Belgium.

oops, read the flag sideways....funny you just see the colours and assume.

Do you get the German LE's in Belgium or the US ones?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do you get the German LE's in Belgium or the US ones?

We get the "normal" version.

#11 8 years ago

I find it hard to believe that Stern isn't turning these games on and briefly play testing each game before boxing. In fact I'm pretty sure they are. Could it be a loose connector somewhere? I had a few on mine that needed re-seating when I inspected the game after unboxing. There's just too many games exhibiting this exact behaviour. I hope Stern figures this out soon.

#12 8 years ago

When I first started on Pinside I would see the trash talk about Sterns QC and I always rolled my eyes. I felt like people were just giving Stern grief for whatever reason. But I think this is waaay different. These problems didn't develop in transit or after they were delivered. These are problems that would have surfaced at the factory. Get it together Stern.

#13 8 years ago

Man so sorry to hear that!! I have to agree it's not acceptable to have too many issues with a new release for the Pro and LE models. It hurts consumer confidence to ship a new release that seems to be unready for a roll out. Sure hope they make things right in short order for ya. Please keep us posted on Sterns responsiveness to your problem(s) and possible solutions. I'll be unboxing a Kiss LE in a few weeks for a relative I hope there won't be similar issues.

#14 8 years ago

Nothing gets by these guys!

quality_assurrance.jpgquality_assurrance.jpg

3 months later
#15 8 years ago

mine doing the same, any common fix?

#16 8 years ago

First thing I would do is reinstall the code try and start fresh. If that didn't work I'd call or email Stern.

#17 8 years ago

Sd card had to be replaced. Ask a new one to your dealer.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Sd card had to be replaced. Ask a new one to your dealer.

stern is shipping me one std shipping, will get it on Tuesday, hope its the fix. thanks

3 weeks later
#19 8 years ago

mine had the cpu replaced and now its fine. fyi

#20 8 years ago

After hearing all the problems people are having with kiss, I feel lucky. All I did was turn down the brightness on the back glass and play the shit out of it. Zero problems out of the box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-freezes-at-startup-what-to-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.