• Latest reply 8 years ago by snaroff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LOL.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Kiss LE is awesome! Had two small issues out of the box and one LARGE ONE!

2 small issues: right flipper sticks and left ramp microswitch not working well.
(solved - Stern sending replacement)

Big issue!!!!!! (STERN Please stop with this button under the head box B******T. This has got to stop. Every pinball I ever
owned in my entire life has a button at the lower right. Not good. Kinda embarrassing (Please issue a kit to fix this on a machine
where $8000 + $400.00 on a topper is spent! Thank You!

Minor issues otherwise which are software related:

Sometimes the song will cut out temporarily and resume

Please change the robotic Gene Simmons Match Animation to be more realistic. Looks like a robot Gene. I'm sure there is an easy
fix for this one.

Next, I noticed after shutting down, sometimes the game looks like it is powering back on for a second. Not sure why this happens.

Otherwise: Software is in it's early stages and I'm so looking forward to better art displays and completed code. Right now the pix are
a bit pixelated but look good. I'm looking forward to new music, album cover and whatever comes this way!

*****Please add any other issues LE owners have*****

#2 8 years ago

I think you meant to say lower *right* bottom

#3 8 years ago

Yes. Lower right bottom (corrected in original post)

#4 8 years ago

Stern still needs to crack down on their quality control department in the new factory. My KISS Premium had more issues than any other NIB Stern that I've ever purchased (defective side rails, bad mylar job, several switches that needed adjusted to actuate). Stern tech support came through on resolving my issues, so no hard feelings. I just hope the quality control department is not understaffed now that they're running at double their previous capacity in the new building (~100 machines per day).

LOL.jpgLOL.jpg

#5 8 years ago

Power Button Location = I don't like nor understand why Stern made this change. Perhaps just to remind us that old dogs cannot learn new tricks.

Music Temporarily Stops = I have this issue as well. It is consistent. Happens in the beginning of the game…seconds after the first ball is launched for player one. Does not happen after that for me.

Odd Shutdown Behavior = I have this issue too. After flipping the power button to the off position, the game shuts down, begins to power up, and then shuts down for good.

I am running 1.03 on an LE.

#6 8 years ago

Anyone else having trouble with the Demon Lock and inconsistent loading of the ball into the Demon trough?

#7 8 years ago

ScottinSGFNY try to level the machine perfect pitch. I have mine set so that the bubble in the level touches the top line. All good, If not
working then, I would check the switches to make sure they are stick on in switch test. One of those switches may need adjustment.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from scf:

Power Button Location = I don't like nor understand why Stern made this change.

I would suspect with the new SPIKE System. A lot easier getting UL approval with the on/off switch and service outlet in the head. No 110AC in the lower cabinet.

I'm sure people or modders will move them, demand may be there.

From a tech support stand point, from what I hear on a daily basis. I am glad there is no 110AC in the lower cabinet. Some people just have no business around high power.

LTG : )™

#9 8 years ago

A switch blade on my right slingshot needed a tweak to increase its gap distance from the tight rubber to keep it from squawking during play without ball contact. Also, one connector needed a small push for assurance and that was it. My LE #266 is fun. It appears as though the VUK hole is skinnier in width than other VUK holes making for a more challenging drop shot. The Cliffy will likely need to be extra thin. Good pinball to keep the mind off work and the daily grind.....

#10 8 years ago

The power supply has a fan that goes on every so often. When the game is idle, it's pretty noticeable. Anyone else notice fan noise? Kind of odd that one of the SPIKE benefits is lower power consumption yet it has a fan. Don't think any of my other pins have a fan.

What was wrong with your side rails?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Anyone else having trouble with the Demon Lock and inconsistent loading of the ball into the Demon trough?

I am big time. Seems to take many tries to load the ball into the demon lock

#12 8 years ago

First post. I am also having issues with gene loading balls properly. Other software bugs on my premium also include the rock again light isn't always lit when I have an extra ball and I would like to see a call out when I touch the flipper button when in attract mode. I also Hate the power button location and my machine flashes on and off again when powering down

#13 8 years ago

Keep the posts coming for the fixes please.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

YES !!! I have sent an email, but plan on calling Stern to see if they have a known fix or replacement part. Thought at 1st it was getting tossed around on the disc, but after watching it last night I can see the ball kicker/plunger is not able to kick it up every time, so it just tries over and over and over again.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

First post. I am also having issues with gene loading balls properly. Other software bugs on my premium also include the rock again light isn't always lit when I have an extra ball and I would like to see a call out when I touch the flipper button when in attract mode. I also Hate the power button location and my machine flashes on and off again when powering down

Took Star Trek over a year to get attract sounds. Might want to be patient.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

What was wrong with your side rails?

On my KISS Premium, I had clusters of spots (about 20 spots total on each side rail) where the finish was removed & touched up with what looked like black marker. A bunch of the spots were where you actually put your hands by the flippers. So, when your hands were on the rails, you could feel where these imperfections in the finish were. Stern tech support did come through & send me replacement rails though. Still, they should catch shit like this before it leaves the factory.

#17 8 years ago

Hey PinB... what kind of mylar issues did you have? And how did Stern help with those?

Just curious so I know what to expect when I receive mine.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Hey PinB... what kind of mylar issues did you have? And how did Stern help with those?
Just curious so I know what to expect when I receive mine.

My issue was with the unique big piece of mylar that goes in front of the Gene head (where the balls land when they shoot out of his mouth). The mylar was peeling up on some of the edges, and it was at the point where it would no longer stick when I tried to smooth it back down. Stern tech support came through & sent me a new piece of the mylar.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From a tech support stand point, from what I hear on a daily basis. I am glad there is no 110AC in the lower cabinet. Some people just have no business around high power.

Isnt there the ability to have them run just the switch from the PS tot he main body where it should be?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Isnt there the ability to have them run just the switch from the PS tot he main body where it should be?

Absolutely. Moving the PS makes sense...0 impact on the user. Moving the switch doesn't make sense. The cost of moving the PS and keeping the switch where it's been for decades is trivial. Doesn't matter, it's Stern's decision and they have no interest in back peddling from it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-fix-thread-stern-please-read and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.