IMG_1313.jpg
IMG_1312.jpg
IMG_1320.jpg
Kiss_Side_Post_2.jpg
Kiss_Side_Post_1.jpg
Kiss_Scoop.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg
IMG_1211.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#234 8 years ago

So I fixed the issue I was having with the scoop a few weeks ago by factory resetting the machine. However, now it has become harder and harder to get any of the awards when shooting under Gene's head... and yesterday it was impossible, even with taking the glass off and rolling the ball in manually. The arrow can be lit, the bass guitar insert can be lit and I can shoot the ball in there 25 times without collecting either of them. Hard shots, soft shots, I have tried everything. And it's also made it hard to spell DEMON as well. However, the Demon Lock still works fine. Any ideas what exactly I should check? I went through the switches and other tests and couldn't seem to find anything wrong. I was wondering if I changed a setting by accident at some point. I don't mind doing another factory reset, but I'd like to save my high scores if possible. Of course, saving the high scores will become mute when the new code drops I guess.

#236 8 years ago

I had thought something like that might be the issue.

Will I have to remove the Gene head to adjust?

#238 8 years ago

Ok... stupid question... how do I remove the demon head?

I have unscrewed the 4 bolts underneath the playfield that looked like they would be for the demon head, but it's still on there tight.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

gotta take of the plastic cape and there are some screws holding it on there as well as 4 on bottom I believe. Honestly have not touched my kiss in 2 months since I added my GOT LE and Stern has said a code update was coming soon 4 months ago

It's all good. I really appreciate the help. I've tried to look up in the manual how to remove the head, but can't seem to find anything specific. I'm assuming I will have to remove the entire VUK assembly with the six screw under the cape and the 4 screws under the playfield.

#244 8 years ago

Issue fixed! (at least for now). That was the first time I had to take a pinball machine apart regarding loosening more than a couple screws. I had to remove the right ramp and habitrail as well as the clear plastic plates around the demon head. I couldn't get the demon head completely off (I didn't feel like messing with the wires) but I got it to move to the left far enough to work on the IR beam. I'm not even sure what I did exactly but I loosened the IR beam mechanism and tightened it... and it is working nicely now on every try. I'm guessing the shaker motor going off may have loosened the mechanism to where the beam wasn't shooting across the demon head opening anymore.

Thanks again for all your help capguntrooper and hd60609!

3 weeks later
#252 8 years ago

Has anyone noticed that the arrow insert pointing to the scoop on the top left (I believe it's the extra ball arrow) does not light up during the light shows for either LG or Demon multiball? The other 3 arrow inserts flash during the light shows. Kind of stands out once you notice it. Also, the extra ball arrow works perfectly fine during the attract mode light show. I figured that was a coding issue as well since I have already done a factory reset and that didn't change (but other issues were fixed). I just thought I would bring it up since people are having lighting issues with other inserts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-151-kissues-and-mods?tu=jeffsarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.