IMG_1313.jpg
IMG_1312.jpg
IMG_1320.jpg
Kiss_Side_Post_2.jpg
Kiss_Side_Post_1.jpg
Kiss_Scoop.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg
IMG_1211.jpg
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

yeah I don't know why we have to fix factory defects. really pathetic!

Because you buy games that aren't complete at release.

#152 8 years ago

Okay please let this post serve as warning to anyone trying to troll this thread or get it off topic. If you continue past this point permanent thread ejects will be the result.

This thread has some very useful information on it for Pinsiders. Please let it continue without constant negative remarks.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Oh no, not this knob again. I thought you found better things to do then troll capguntrooper in his own thread. You know things like make more pinside user accounts so you can troll in the same thread under different names like Hawksfan then Hlazzer, what's the next pinside account going to be? I don't know but I bet it starts with an "H", super creative, I think I'll start calling you triple H. So triple H I thought you found better things to do with your time but I guess not because trolling people on pinside is a super fun Monday night at home you win douche of the week.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Okay please let this post serve as warning to anyone trying to troll this thread or get it off topic. If you continue past this point permanent thread ejects will be the result.
This thread has some very useful information on it for Pinsiders. Please let it continue without constant negative remarks.

+ 1,000,000

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

So its NOT ok for us to buy games that don't have complete code? Why don't you stop STALKING Capguntrooper, seriously dude you only troll this thread to bring everyone down, you and your little dog need to get a life.

1c3029ae47cfd8cbadac050356502718.jpg1c3029ae47cfd8cbadac050356502718.jpg

#156 8 years ago

DOES WHAT IT'S TOLD!!!!!

#157 8 years ago

Hey all please drop the attacks it's not needed. I wanted to get the thread back on track please let's stop.

#158 8 years ago

fantastic thread capguntrooper - don't let the trolls get you down! Thanks for the awesome info & love your passion.

#159 8 years ago

Thanks everyone! Here is a teaser clip of one of my prototypes. When your Kiss pin is in stand by demo mode the lights in play field have a rolling strobe as you can see on this pro model back glass. When the game is in play each KISS letter that is triggered from play will light up in coordination with the back glass MOD. Will post another vid shortly.

#160 8 years ago

Wow looks great! Very interested.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Thanks everyone! Here is a teaser clip of one of my prototypes. When your Kiss pin is in stand by demo mode the lights in play field have a rolling strobe as you can see on this pro model back glass. When the game is in play each KISS letter that is triggered from play will light up in coordination with the back glass MOD. Will post another vid shortly.
» YouTube video

Can you show us behind the back glass looks aussom

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Can you show us behind the back glass looks aussom

Cant give away all my secrets yet. my new harness is almost complete. This unit will be plug and play with no splicing needed.

#163 8 years ago

Cant give away all my secrets yet. my new harness is almost complete. This unit will be plug and play with no splicing needed.

Cant wait

#166 8 years ago

greatttttt !

#167 8 years ago

How is this different than the one that MEZELmods has been posting about for the past 2 months?

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

How is this different than the one that MEZELmods has been posting about for the past 2 months?

Well CRAP! Looks like Mezelmods beat me to the punch. I have been working on this prototype since July and have been testing it since beginning of last month. I will check with them to see if they are doing AC/DC and TRON as well so I don't double my efforts. I buy a lot from Mezel and they make really good products so buy with confidence.

#169 8 years ago

There is no reason that you can't pursue the KISS backbox light. As Hooked said, some mods are obvious and multiple people will pursue them. You can PM me and we can discuss what I am doing, based on the videos the hook up is the same but the way the lights are attached is different. If you do ACDC and TRON, think about selling it on our site.

#170 8 years ago

Might i ad pinball life sells a separate divider for the kizz on the playfeild it sucks how do i know i have one i bought mezel one and its done completely different and its done right

#171 8 years ago

Could you make the letters light up in sequence like the Bally in attract mode? Would make them look even better side by side!

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Might i ad pinball life sells a separate divider for the kizz on the playfeild it sucks how do i know i have one i bought mezel one and its done completely different and its done right

Couldn't agree more. I need to swap mine this weekend to Tim's. PinballLife's separates the lights but they still aren't centered.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

Could you make the letters light up in sequence like the Bally in attract mode? Would make them look even better side by side!

That would require reprograming the Spike board which is beyond me. I can only tap into target lighting, but a cool idea for sure.

#174 8 years ago

A friend of mine is working on a small board to do some kind of "light sequence" like the old bally kiss
he made kiss (just for testing) and a simple print...

it's still in test fase and he is very busy but after the European Pinball Championship in Belgium he will have more time to work on this project...

a small clip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/471g010l6fnsa65/2015-05-29%2014.56.03.mp4?dl=0

#175 8 years ago

That is SWEET, but is it cheaper than $400? LOL should be a cool addition to any KISS pin

#176 8 years ago

Where does the power cable pass through the playfield for your micro display? Any other spots you considered?

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from colonelsnow:

Where does the power cable pass through the playfield for your micro display? Any other spots you considered?

I removed the amp sticker and bezeled a small through port and fed wires down so I could have the display flush with the amp. I think it looks really good this way. As you can see if you decide to lose the display just put the sticker back on and it is the same as it was. I also thought about putting it up by diverter, but I have my Detroit rock city sign up there. If you do not want to modify your amp you can simply get a longer L bracket and then feed wires under it if you loosen screws but it will not be flush like I have mine. Put it where ever you think you may like it to go, Pro owners have other options as they do not have a star child play field area, also something to think about.

IMG_1496.jpgIMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1499.jpgIMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1502.jpgIMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1505.jpgIMG_1505.jpg

#178 8 years ago

The last few pin shows I have been too I am seeing damage being done to the new STERN pins with the metal back boxes. Two ways the pins are being damaged are #1 the two rubber plugs at top of back box that are "supposed" to prevent back box from rubbing on rails, slide to the side during transport causing damage (SEE PICS) and #2 when you lift up play field and rest it against back box, the apron is scratched, mostly with LE models and pins with metal aprons (this probably applies too other non stern pins). So when you lift those play fields up get a blanket up on that back box or when you transport your pins get a blanket on there or rubber matt. Hope this helps you all out and saves your pin from getting damaged.

IMG_1747.jpgIMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1748.jpgIMG_1748.jpg

#179 8 years ago

The last few pin shows I have been too I am seeing damage being done to the new STERN pins with the metal back boxes. Two ways the pins are being damaged are #1 the two rubber plugs at top of back box that are "supposed" to prevent back box from rubbing on rails, slide to the side during transport causing damage (SEE PICS) and #2 when you lift up play field and rest it against back box, the apron is scratched, mostly with LE models and pins with metal aprons (this probably applies too other non stern pins). So when you lift those play fields up get a blanket up on that back box or when you transport your pins get a blanket on there or rubber matt. Hope this helps you all out and saves your pin from getting damaged.

IMG_1747.jpg IMG_1748.jpg

Well that aint gonna happen with mine as it is never leaving my house, LOL!

#180 8 years ago

Noticed the balls in the new sterns did not have a long play life and I was getting tired of replacing 6 balls every 100 plays or so in my KISS so I went to Home Depot or Lowe's and I bought a rubber key guard set. I cut it in half and dabbed a touch of glue to it and slid them on my auto plunger. BALL life just tripled. Cheap and effective.

IMG_0986.jpgIMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpgIMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpgIMG_0989.jpg

#181 8 years ago

Has anyone had 2 balls get stuck in the demon head vuk? This just happened on my pro today. The vuk cannot handle 2 balls in there.

Rob

#182 8 years ago

One down, one to go. I really, really, REALLY, hate exposed wire gates that do not have some sort of cover, they just look bad in a beautiful machine, so I put two multi flashing leds with 3 red leds in an amp that is mounted in front of the wire gate. Looks WAAAAAY better IMO I also have larger speaker boxes that are non lighted if anyone else is interested.

IMG_0997.jpgIMG_0997.jpg
IMG_0999.jpgIMG_0999.jpg
IMG_1007.jpgIMG_1007.jpg
IMG_1012.jpgIMG_1012.jpg
IMG_1019.jpgIMG_1019.jpg
IMG_1023.jpgIMG_1023.jpg
IMG_1037.jpgIMG_1037.jpg
IMG_1039.jpgIMG_1039.jpg

#183 8 years ago

2 balls stuck in the vuk. Does this happen on the premium and le as well?

Rob

20151004_211127.jpg20151004_211127.jpg

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone had 2 balls get stuck in the demon head vuk? This just happened on my pro today. The vuk cannot handle 2 balls in there.
Rob

Yes happened to me yesterday-machine tried to eject them 3 times then they came out

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

20151004_211127.jpg

Quoted from Gorgar1:

Yes happened to me yesterday-machine tried to eject them 3 times then they came out

This has never happened to me on my LE, but this did during Demon multi ball with two add a balls going

IMG_1812.jpgIMG_1812.jpg

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

The vuk on my game was completely jammed and the coil shaft could not move. I had to pull the vuk off from under the playfield to get the balls out. No way it would ever clear itself unfortunately. I sent the screenshot to John Borg on facebook to see if he has any input. He's very good at responding to questions about his games.

Rob

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The vuk on my game was completely jammed and the coil shaft could not move. I had to pull the vuk off from under the playfield to get the balls out. No way it would ever clear itself unfortunately. I sent the screenshot to John Borg on facebook to see if he has any input. He's very good at responding to questions about his games.
Rob

A magnet on a stick wouldn't get the balls out?

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

A magnet on a stick wouldn't get the balls out?

Nope, I tried that first.

Rob

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Wow I was lucky they got ejected gee my PF is getting chewed up from the ball drop

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

gee my PF is getting chewed up from the ball drop

Where is it getting 'chewed up'? If you mean dimples, that is going to happen to every game.

Rob

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Where is it getting 'chewed up'? If you mean dimples, that is going to happen to every game.
Rob

Yeah dimples but heaps of them I know it's expected from such a ball drop and my other sterns have them but it's probably worse than I expected. Won't stop me playing it though lol

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Quoted from Gorgar1:

Yeah dimples but heaps of them I know it's expected from such a ball drop and my other sterns have them but it's probably worse than I expected. Won't stop me playing it though lol

I have heard if you lower the power setting, so the balls are not launched out so hard it helps. Then again having a play field protector makes the game look like day one out of the box

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

KISS seems to have a thicker clearcoat which I think shows the problem more. The ball lands on Catman's face on my game... I shall rename him 'craterface'...

Rob

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

KISS seems to have a thicker clearcoat which I think shows the problem more. The ball lands on Catman's face on my game... I shall rename him 'crateface'...
Rob

Mine funnerly enough doesn't always land in the same spot lol my catman has dimples but the worse spot is in the black area just left of the lock insert along the yellow lightning bolt so it's much more noticeable as capguntrooper said I'll try lowering the eject power

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I have had this 2 times on my pro.
also 1 time this weelkend at the EPC
I use a magnet-pen to get one ball out so the VUK can fire the other one...

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I have had this 2 times on my pro.
also 1 time this weelkend at the EPC
I use a magnet-pen to get one ball out so the VUK can fire the other one...

I will send this to stern as well, I have sent so many bug notes that they probably recognize my email and just roll their eyes.

#197 8 years ago

I will send this to stern as well, I have sent so many bug notes that they probably recognize my email and just roll their eyes.

You and me both

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from colonelsnow:

This is where a few other customers have installed:

KISS Install.jpgKISS Install.jpg

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This is where a few other customers have installed:
KISS Install.jpg

Thanks. I think I will give that spot a try.

#200 8 years ago

I would be cool to add a lit up police light to the top of the amp. The one below comes in the Paul KISS Alvie figure pack.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-151-kissues-and-mods/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.