IMG_1313.jpg
IMG_1312.jpg
IMG_1320.jpg
Kiss_Side_Post_2.jpg
Kiss_Side_Post_1.jpg
Kiss_Scoop.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg
IMG_1211.jpg
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone selling powder coated armor for kiss premium yet?

I did a quick mockup image, and the Premium should pop nicely with red armor. It goes with the red in the cabinet & translite as well as the red metal apron that comes standard on the Premium. I took my armor to my local powdercoat guy late last week & will post pics when I actually get it installed.

kiss-premium-red-mockup.jpgkiss-premium-red-mockup.jpg

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I tried doing a few failed ball tests with a mylar sheet over play field and the ball hits the left flipper every time. This may be a different story when my play field protector arrives. I also checked my balance and I am level. Have you tried ramp fails with smaller rubber and get STDM, give it a try. IMHO I would rather risk one STDM than multiple amounts of ramp rejects, at least then I could nudge to prevent a STDM, similar to ramp fails on TWD.

Most people make their games harder by making shots harder and tighter not making them easier. I was playing an LE last night and never had an issue with the ramp shots.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Hi,
Just curious as others may be, do you enjoy KissLE as much as TWDLE? I knew I didn't like my TWDLE after a weekend of play, but feel the opposite with my KISSLE #266 since I started playing Friday of this week. For me, KISS is a keeper, whereas, TWDLE was not. Just curious.....
Mike

I could not honestly tell you as I have yet to play a game on it yet. I am waiting for the play field protector to come in before any balls touch the play field. I have a TWD pro heavily modded and I love it, I was not a fan of the crossbow and I liked the pro art work with actors on it so I went that route, I will say that I am jelly with the LE/PREM walker bomb update. If you did not have the voice mod on it I can see why you didn't like it. I would not have picked one up if it were not for that mod.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Most people make their games harder by making shots harder and tighter not making them easier. I was playing an LE last night and never had an issue with the ramp shots.

We'll I think if that were the case the guy selling left lane ball diverters for TWD would not be selling so many. I do not think it is a matter of making game or shot easier but more so balanced. Other Sterns I have played do not have a rubber encroaching the ramp as much as Kiss does.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone selling powder coated armor for kiss premium yet?

Get it here, I am very pleased with mine

http://www.pinballmetal.com/products/7509278-2/

#56 8 years ago

We'll I think if that were the case the guy selling left lane ball diverters for TWD would not be selling so many. I do not think it is a matter of making game or shot easier but more so balanced. Other Sterns I have played do not have a rubber encroaching the ramp as much as Kiss does.

Most people also think twd extenders are also dumb though.
How can your say it is not making it easier. You specifically said you did it (without actually testing it before) because you say l saw other people missing the shot and you think this will avoid that issue. That's the definition of making it easier.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Most people also think twd extenders are also dumb though.
How can your say it is not making it easier. You specifically said you did it (without actually testing it before) because you say l saw other people missing the shot and you think this will avoid that issue. That's the definition of making it easier.

Sir, read my post again, I stated "Balanced". Again, other Stern pins do not have an encroaching rubber in the ramp like KISS does. So IMHO as well as other Kiss owners, Balanced is a fair assessment. When you get your very own Kiss machine you are welcome to do whatever you want with it and I will not begrudge you if you decide to remove both your flippers to make the game harder. To each his own I guess.

#58 8 years ago

HMMMMM? Too bass or not to bass, it seems pretty bare in that shooter lane. Got my KISS LE mini pins too, and no power switch issue, they start right up.

IMG_1150.jpgIMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1148.jpgIMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpgIMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1153.jpgIMG_1153.jpg

#59 8 years ago

Okay, today was the first time I didn't go for the start/stop switch in its "normal" location first. I am at about 50 plays. LOL. Tough to teach an old dog new tricks...Creature of habit. Great game so far with music to match.

#60 8 years ago

Sir, read my post again, I stated "Balanced". Again, other Stern pins do not have an encroaching rubber in the ramp like KISS does. So IMHO as well as other Kiss owners, Balanced is a fair assessment. When you get your very own Kiss machine you are welcome to do whatever you want with it and I will not begrudge you if you decide to remove both your flippers to make the game harder. To each his own I guess.

How about you actually play the game before you go changing to make it easier?

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

How about you actually play the game before you go changing to make it easier?

Have been playing it quite regular actually, just not my own. How about you not tell me what I can do with my machine as I won't tell you what you can do with yours, oh wait you don't have one. Bro, do you even pinball?

#62 8 years ago

Make sure you use some Hard As Nails on those edges, so raid your wives nail polish cabinet or buy some in disguise if you have to...lol

IMG_1189.jpgIMG_1189.jpg

#63 8 years ago

If you decide to take apart the play field to put the target protectors on, you might as well Mylar the area, you are only going to want to take it apart ONCE, might as well do the arena as well just put x cuts in screw holes for when you put screws back in.

IMG_1165.jpgIMG_1165.jpg
IMG_1172.jpgIMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1183.jpgIMG_1183.jpg
IMG_1187.jpgIMG_1187.jpg

#64 8 years ago

As soon as we can do some voice Mods I found some pretty funny lines in this KISS movie.

IMG_1194.jpgIMG_1194.jpg

#65 8 years ago

Bro, do you even pinball?

Yes bro, I do. I actually play my machines rather than just laying extra crap into them. I tend to think the people who made them generally knew what they were doing.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Yes bro, I do. I actually play my machines rather than just laying extra crap into them. I tend to think the people who made them generally knew what they were doing.

What extra crap are you referring to aside from the bass guitar I did not install? This is a mod topic which you are clearly not welcome here, why don't you stop trolling as no one here values your input. The majority of pinside as you say "lays crap" in all their machines, so this is probably not the best forum for you're harassing and trolling.

#67 8 years ago

Leveling this machine and raising the back up a bit is very important in this pin. It was a drain fest with the shooter out of Genes head... but when I raised the back up to put the bubble in the middle... it made it work so much better. Didn't realize how important this was.

#68 8 years ago

This is a mod topic which you are clearly not welcome here,

Everyone is welcome at pinside. This is s friendly place to all, in spite of your stance that opposing opinions are unwelcome

#69 8 years ago

What extra crap are you referring to aside from the bass guitar I did not install?

Really?
Full field protector (screws up game play) Extra outlane rubber, changed ramp ring, plunger mod,led flipper buttons, armour, return/sling mods, flipper covers, led speaker fans, ramp lighting, outhole lighting. I dropped at post 40.

Go play your game, that's theoretically why you bought it.

#70 8 years ago

I welcome opposing opinions and have used some to make this pin better, but when you tell pin side members that we are putting "CRAP" in our pins and down voting posts just because you do not as you say making "opposing opinions" is completely hypocritical and you add nothing constructive to this discussion. Please Drain this topic and stop trolling as you have nothing positive to contribute here.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Really?
Full field protector (screws up game play) Extra outlane rubber, changed ramp ring, plunger mod,led flipper buttons, armour, return/sling mods, flipper covers, led speaker fans, ramp lighting, outhole lighting. I dropped at post 40.

While I wouldnt put some of the stuff in my game why dont we let him do what he pleases with his? Dont really think its anyone place to tell him what to do with his purchase.

To the OP hope you enjoy your new Kiss LE, Ill be unboxing mine today. Thanks for all the input on the fixes you did to the game after you unboxed it.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Really?

It is the OPs game to do what he wants with. He has provided some excellent pics and details as to what he has done. Hopefully his posts will help out someone else with a KISS in the future. Your opinions on his mods aren't contributing anything at all.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

While I wouldnt put some of the stuff in my game why dont we let him do what he pleases with his? Dont really think its anyone place to tell him what to do with his purchase.
To the OP hope you enjoy your new Kiss LE, Ill be unboxing mine today. Thanks for all the input on the fixes you did to the game after you unboxed it.

I never said not to do any of it. I just said he should actually try playing it. The info on the wire move is good to know. I hope he enjoys the game- if he ever gets around to actually playing it rather than just looking at it and adding things to it.

#74 8 years ago

down voting posts just because you do not as you say making "opposing opinions" is completely hypocritical

No a down vote is strictly showing disagreement with a particular post. Nothing more. Just like the site rules (which also state everyone is welcome) say.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from gern:

It is the OPs game to do what he wants with. He has provided some excellent pics and details as to what he has done. Hopefully his posts will help out someone else with a KISS in the future. Your opinions on his mods aren't contributing anything at all.

The only reason I listed things was he specifically asked me what he has added, beside the bass that he did not install. It was in response to his question. I didn't give an opinion on any of it beside the playfield cover. And even with that I didn't tell him not to do it. He can do whatever he wants with it.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Really?

I come to pin side to look up ways to improve my pins and since I picked up my KISS PREM I have been following the OPs thread religiously since he probably saved my motor from being tore up. So let me see if I got this right hawks fan, if we all put mods in our pins its crap, because the majority of us do. Seriously though stop being a troll and distracting the OP from making this pin better for all of us.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Quoted from gern:

Quoted from fliperz:

I come to pin side to look up ways to improve my pins and since I picked up my KISS PREM I have been following the OPs thread religiously since he probably saved my motor from being tore up. So let me see if I got this right hawks fan, if we all put mods in our pins its crap, because the majority of us do. Seriously though stop being a troll and distracting the OP from making this pin better for all of us.

image.jpg

Thanks guys, play field protector with installation pics coming soon as requested, I am sure to get at least one down vote, but for everyone else I hope it helps protect your pins.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Don't be a goober. If you don't like what he has done to his machine, that's cool, no need for you to post about it and belittle the process.

The people who made them generally are under constraints like budget, time, etc... Mods give people a chance to personalize their game and make up for areas where manufacturers skimped.

tl;dr - don't be a dick.

#79 8 years ago

Just run your power cable for light show out your speaker grill. In front you can control the patterns and or make music activated depending on version you purchase

IMG_1195.jpgIMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1197.jpgIMG_1197.jpg

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

image.jpg

I said the motor issue was good info.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Ok it is pretty obvious that this "hawksfan" loser is another pinsider that created a new account two weeks ago to post troll comments because he didn't have the nut sack to do it under his own name. I checked all 30 of his posts, yep all troll posts, every one. Why are you even in this thread? If you want to troll people like capguntrooper at least have the balls to do it under your regular pinside name and account. Great work capguntrooper! don't let the trolls stop your awesome modding!

theory.jpgtheory.jpg

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I checked all 30 of his posts, yep all troll posts, every one.
theory.jpg

Sure you did:
I don't know the schematics but if it's not needed and truly redundant leaving them in will drop about .7 volts from the circuit which will weaken the pops marginally.

Don't take off the barrel spring. It won't fix the issue, at best it just masks the problem. A rubber ring on the rod does not work like the correct spring at dampening the end of stroke.

Not normal rotation, you must load the gumball machine if it is located in there. If it's in the main trough ( doubt it since your played and didn't get it) it will come out in normal rotation. Hit both ramps them the right orbit to load the gumball. It will release a ball, it can take up to 3 released to get it sine the gumball holds 3.

#83 8 years ago

Quartergrabber, you don't think the wire move is a good idea?

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from hawksfan:

Quartergrabber, you don't think the wire move is a good idea?

I stand corrected. MOST of the 30 posts

#85 8 years ago

Noticed my buddies premium has some scraping on the hood, so everyone may want to give that a look. His ramp was a bit loose so a few quick torques and a slight bend of the wire ramp where it meets plastic now gives proper clearance. Even threw in a mylar square for safe measure. mine looked like there was just enough clearance so I adjusted wire ramp and have space to where it will not scrape.

IMG_1199.jpgIMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1200.jpgIMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1219.jpgIMG_1219.jpg

#86 8 years ago

LE/PREM OWNERS: Hold off on this one until Mezel gets their bracket constructed for them, make sure to check with them soon, pro owners can get this one installed. It looks like it should have come with it to begin with. I am sending detailed pics and suggestions to Mezel's tech team about getting this resolved soon. I was already in the process of developing mine and finished installing my version.

IMG_1213.jpgIMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1215.jpgIMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1214.jpgIMG_1214.jpg

#87 8 years ago

After seeing my buddies premium with only 30 plays, I noticed a small trail from his magnet diverter to the Star child play field. I recommend putting a mylar strip on that trail, I foresee that plastic getting grooved and definitely getting dirty if you have not put on a spinning disk protector.

IMG_1221.jpgIMG_1221.jpg

#88 8 years ago

Mylar strip 12" by 1 1/4"

#89 8 years ago

LE/PREM OWNERS: Hold off on this one until Mezel gets their bracket constructed for them, make sure to check with them soon, pro owners can get this one installed. It looks like it should have come with it to begin with. I am sending detailed pics and suggestions to Mezel's tech team about getting this resolved soon. I was already in the process of developing mine and finished installing my version.

What exactly are you referring to in this post? Sorry but I haven't gotten my Premium yet. Also, did your ball diverter mylar come precut? Where's the best place to buy mylar? Thanks for all your insight and help.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

What exactly are you referring to in this post? Sorry but I haven't gotten my Premium yet. Also, did your ball diverter mylar come precut? Where's the best place to buy mylar? Thanks for all your insight and help.

Mezelmods sells the Gene Simmons light mouth mod for KISS pros. It doesn't work as well on LE and premiums as they were unaware of the internals. Mez is making a correction on the mod for LE/PREM models and will have them ready soon. I bought a 12X12 mylar square and cut myself, you can get them just about anywhere, but some people have a preference

#91 8 years ago

Have you installed MezelMods light bracket for the kiss drop target lights?

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Have you installed MezelMods light bracket for the kiss drop target lights?

I have and it is an absolute must have item. Unless you are playing in dark it looked like everything was bleeding over. The bracket also serves as a support to boot.

#93 8 years ago

I have and it is an absolute must have item. Unless you are playing in dark it looked like everything was bleeding over. The bracket also serves as a support to boot.

Order placed. Thanks.

#94 8 years ago

That was the first thing I did. First time I lifted up play field I was like WTF is that big gaping hole, cause that will never sink in over time - said no real pin player ever. Good call on dual purpose item. You mind if I put some of my PREM shots here with your mod suggestions? I see your troll is back down voting common sense. Just ignore it, he will be the first to go during the zombie apocalypse.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

That was the first thing I did. First time I lifted up play field I was like WTF is that big gaping hole, cause that will never sink in over time - said no real pin player ever. Good call on dual purpose item. You mind if I put some of my PREM shots here with your mod suggestions? I see your troll is back down voting common sense. Just ignore it, he will be the first to go during the zombie apocalypse.

Put them up when your ready man. I saw that as well, bet he wouldn't even survive HORDE mode....lol TWD humor.

#96 8 years ago

Gonna be out of country for two weeks doing some AAAAAAARMY TRAINING, My bro is going to finish up with my mods and I will take some pics upon my return, check back at the end of the month as I have some pretty sick designs to install.

#97 8 years ago

Hey capguntrooper! Did your Premium come with leg protectors? If not did you put any on? Would you recommend them? Plastic or metal? Thanks again!

#98 8 years ago

Gonna be out of country for two weeks doing some AAAAAAARMY TRAINING, My bro is going to finish up with my mods and I will take some pics upon my return, check back at the end of the month as I have some pretty sick designs to install.
» YouTube video

Have fun on your break and KICK some KISS ARMY @ss of the ungratefuls, disrespectfuls, and of course the TROLLS. Big thanks for protecting me and my family!!! God Bless!!!

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hey capguntrooper! Did your Premium come with leg protectors? If not did you put any on? Would you recommend them? Plastic or metal? Thanks again!

I have an LE but my buddies PREM came with black plastic leg protectors from Stern. I highly recommend them and wish I had done so with my older pins in past. My TWD pro has plastic and it is in my arcade, those too were from Stern. I have had no issues with them. I am not sure of the pros and cons of metal vs plastic over an extended period of time and play. A question I will be researching when I return home.

UUUUUUUGH! Stupid long layovers suck, not looking forward to my next 16 hour leg though

#100 8 years ago

Stay safe brother. If you get low on ammo throw some of those old pitted stern balls you get in NIB pins in a sock and go Homey D Clown on a sucker.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-151-kissues-and-mods/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.