(Topic ID: 116219)

KISS is up next, followed by Game of Thrones.

By Minneapolispin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you believe it?”

• Yes 123 votes
      42%
    • No 167 votes
      58%

(290 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gwar-featured-image1.jpg
    th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    37.jpg
    11407256_10153345088929244_3755698981527677691_n.jpg
    11391494_10153345089019244_4406029722343800663_n.jpg
    11150461_10153345088869244_1154285658241870044_n.jpg
    11407095_10153345087904244_1292106491951471556_n.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 4.45.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 4.45.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 4.45.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 4.45.53 PM.png
    image.jpg
    wnbjm .jpg
    11218510_1004168309593664_912719494762115184_n.jpg
    KISS.jpg
    There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 8 years ago

LOL!

#402 8 years ago

Some! Some! I meant! ha ha

#403 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Two seasons left on GoT. They already did something in the last episode that won't appear in the books until Book 6. Not to mention the fact that almost everything is different on the show than in the books at this point. So who cares when the machine comes out?
    George RR Martin will likely have a heart attack before finishing Book 7 and it'll have to be completed by Danielle Steel.

Hmm, only two more seasons? Martin has been working on book 6 for 4 years, and the odds of book 7 to be completed in less than 2 years is optimistic at best.

But your point is valid, as they've started to diverge so much from the books the need to coordinate with the source material is starting to become irrelevant.

#404 8 years ago

After Season 5 the show is on it's own path. I believe Martin gave the producers a basic outline of how he envisions the story will go, but the producers are free to create their own direction to that endpoint. I absolutely love this show, and the fantasy genre in general.

Lets assume this rumor is true & GOT is Stern's fall title.....

It's becoming increasing more likely that Stern (GOT) & JJP (Hobbit) will have two fantasy themed tables, both involving kings & dragons, both in production at the same time later this fall. Both featuring some of the best designers & programmers in the industry, with years of design time surrounding each of these titles. There's only so much money to go around among buyers, and with two similarly themed tables on the market at the same time, it's going to be a difficult purchase decision for many, because I'm sure both machines are going to be outstanding.

#405 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

Why? The story is... SOO far from being done. How do you "end" a pinball game based on a show that's seemingly only half done. Dragons are a massive part of the theme and they're not even close to reaching the mainland on the show. Can't wait for this pin to come out. Unfortunately, I think we have to.

It's not a pinball machine's job to tell the complete story of a multi-season TV show ...its job is to represent the theme the best it can in a short burst of gameplay.

Sopranos - Become the mob boss
    Walking Dead - Kill zombies, stay alive!
    24 - Stop the terrorists
    CSI - Collect the evidence
    Simpsons/Family Guy - Use the characters and comedy snippets from the existing seasons to make a funny pinball experience

There has been plenty of material & key moments in GoT to make a compelling pinball machine. A complete story wouldn't change what you can do in a pinball machine.

#406 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not a pinball machine's job to tell the complete story of a multi-season TV show ...its job is to represent the theme the best it can in a short burst of gameplay.
    Sopranos - Become the mob boss
    Walking Dead - Kill zombies, stay alive!
    24 - Stop the terrorists
    CSI - Collect the evidence
    Simpsons/Family Guy - Use the characters and comedy snippets from the existing seasons to make a funny pinball experience
    There has been plenty of material & key moments in GoT to make a compelling pinball machine. A complete story wouldn't change what you can do in a pinball machine.

+1

#407 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Hmm, only two more seasons? Martin has been working on book 6 for 4 years, and the odds of book 7 to be completed in less than 2 years is optimistic at best.
    But your point is valid, as they've started to diverge so much from the books the need to coordinate with the source material is starting to become irrelevant.

It's already been announced that the show will finish before the books. And I'm sure HBO has paid GRRM more money than God, so any proceeds he would have lost in decreased book sales from people knowing how it ends has already been more than made up for. I doubt he cares.

#408 8 years ago

Oh...and since Kiss is out, can we please change the title of this thread to just ask if GoT is next?

#409 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

George likes wieners.

#410 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's already been announced that the show will finish before the books. And I'm sure HBO has paid GRRM more money than God, so any proceeds he would have lost in decreased book sales from people knowing how it ends has already been more than made up for. I doubt he cares.

The books are better than the series, so everyone will wind up happy.

#411 8 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

After Season 5 the show is on it's own path. I believe Martin gave the producers a basic outline of how he envisions the story will go, but the producers are free to create their own direction to that endpoint. I absolutely love this show, and the fantasy genre in general.
    Lets assume this rumor is true & GOT is Stern's fall title.....
    It's becoming increasing more likely that Stern (GOT) & JJP (Hobbit) will have two fantasy themed tables, both involving kings & dragons, both in production at the same time later this fall. Both featuring some of the best designers & programmers in the industry, with years of design time surrounding each of these titles. There's only so much money to go around among buyers, and with two similarly themed tables on the market at the same time, it's going to be a difficult purchase decision for many, because I'm sure both machines are going to be outstanding.

You bring up a very good point here. Will be interesting to see if it unfolds like this.

#412 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

George likes wieners.

#413 8 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

And MMR, which has kings and dragons and all that other stuff.

#414 8 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Only one has BOOBEHS!!!! Not a difficult decision.

Family mode OFF, thank you Steve & Lyman!

#415 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Only one has BOOBEHS!!!! Not a difficult decision.
    Family mode OFF, thank you Steve & Lyman!

party hard!

#416 8 years ago

Does anyone know if the KISS army LE allocation sold out?

1 week later
    #417 8 years ago

Stand by....

#418 8 years ago

same one with metallica paint chips coming up around the magnet?

2 months later
    #420 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Does anyone know if the KISS army LE allocation sold out?

Sold out to the distributors in short order. You'd have to make the rounds to see if anybody has one left. Or get an overpriced signed one from the Kiss official merch web store.

#421 8 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Hope this is true cuz I have zero interest in them. No temptation to buy just enjoy my hobbit all year.

Posted 7 months ago. lol

#422 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Posted 7 months ago. lol

lol. That is funny. Poor Hobbit buyers.

#423 8 years ago

Does anyone want me to tell you who will win the World Series and Super Bowl this year?

#424 8 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Does anyone want me to tell you who will win the World Series and Super Bowl this year?

Back to the Future 2 decided long ago that the Chicago Cubs will win the World Series this year.

#425 8 years ago

No but you can tell us what the *next* game will be. Good call by the way.

#426 8 years ago

How are you going to do that, I haven't shared THAT information with you yet!?

#427 8 years ago

The Vikings and the Twins?

#428 8 years ago

You nailed it seven months ago.

...so, what's next from Stern.

10 months later
    #429 7 years ago

1. Love In An Elevator
    2. Train Kept A Rollin’
    3. Toys In the Attic
    4. Dude Looks Like A Lady
    5. Rag Doll
    6. Mama Kin
    7. Walk This Way
    8. Dream On
    9. Sweet Emotion
    10. Back In The Saddle

#430 7 years ago

1. Love In An Elevator
    2. Train Kept A Rollin’
    3. Toys In the Attic
    4. Dude Looks Like A Lady
    5. Rag Doll
    6. Mama Kin
    7. Walk This Way
    8. Dream On
    9. Sweet Emotion
    10. Back In The Saddle

11. pass...

hah just messing. If its Borg/Lyman + Color LCD...and maybe some ghosting (hah another bad joke), this title will be a hit.

#431 7 years ago

I really like Aerosmith but for some reason I have zero interest in a possible pin. Maybe that'll change. Any inside info on a possible '66 Batman? Feel free to pm.

#432 7 years ago

Aerosmith?!? Ugh.....

However a great game is a great game (shadow for example) even with an awful theme

There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-is-up-next-followed-by-game-of-thrones/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.