(Topic ID: 116219)

KISS is up next, followed by Game of Thrones.

By Minneapolispin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you believe it?”

• Yes 123 votes
      42%
    • No 167 votes
      58%

(290 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gwar-featured-image1.jpg
    th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    37.jpg
    11407256_10153345088929244_3755698981527677691_n.jpg
    11391494_10153345089019244_4406029722343800663_n.jpg
    11150461_10153345088869244_1154285658241870044_n.jpg
    11407095_10153345087904244_1292106491951471556_n.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 4.45.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 4.45.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 4.45.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 4.45.53 PM.png
    image.jpg
    wnbjm .jpg
    11218510_1004168309593664_912719494762115184_n.jpg
    KISS.jpg
    There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
    #201 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
    The KISS theme does nothing for me, but that doesn't mean that a KISS themed pin won't sell. KISS sells. I don't really understand why, but they do.

that's exactly what i'm thinking, i have no desire to get the game but it will sell... a lot.

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from pingull:

Right, let's not talk about new books, new movies, new cars or new technology either -- or the future in general.

I would have said the same thing about book or movies. Why talk about books or movies that don't exist and discuss which themes we would, or would not be interested in for those as-of-yet-unwritten books or movies? Let them be created and then let's enjoy them!

I do enjoy threads that talk about future pinball technology...but that's very different than threads that are about theme exclusively.

#203 9 years ago

I always get a kick out of all the KISS bashing here on Pinside. Let's just hope the new machine isn't themed from the Vinny Vincent, "Lick It Up" era. ha ha!

#204 9 years ago

Just as good as Iron Maiden IMO would be Megadeth. I've said it many times before, Vic Rattlehead artwork everywhere would be awesome! Countdown to Extinction mode, Hanger 18 ball lock, Holy Wars multiball, Peace Sells pop bumbers, the endless possibilities...would be way better than Metallica too.

#205 9 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I always get a kick out of all the KISS bashing here on Pinside. Let's just hope the new machine isn't themed from the Vinny Vincent, "Lick It Up" era. ha ha!
    » YouTube video

this video was great to watch. Gene looks like a bass player that lives out of his van.

#206 9 years ago

» YouTube video

This will be the Pro version. You'll have to pay extra to get the classic look

#207 9 years ago

I sold one of my slot machines this weekend to a buyer from Craig’s List. When he came over and saw the pins, turned out he was a collector too. We talked pinball for a while and he was telling me about the Iron Man VE and Metallica he had bought from Cointaker and about the Medieval Madness remake he's got money down on with them. He said he had nothing but good things to say about his experiences with them.

Then he saw my KISS machine and goes “So I suppose you’re excited for the new KISS from Stern”. I chuckled and said, “Yeah, if the rumors are true”. He looks at me seriously and goes, “100%. My gal I deal with at Cointaker confirmed that it’s the next one”. Then he said something about Stern buying their bulbs from Cointaker. I don’t know if that is true, but he insisted that his lady at Cointaker confirmed KISS as next pin up.

#208 9 years ago

» YouTube video

Let's hope it IS from that era. I'll take a Creatures of the Night LE asap. Lick it Up has some great songs on it as well. In fact the non makeup albums are great in their own right. VV was an incredible songwriter and a great guitarist. The Stanley/Simmons/Carr/Vincent lineup was 2nd best after the Stanley/Simmons/Carr/Frehely line up.

#209 9 years ago

Yeah I'm not thrilled with KISS but there are so many good pins out there I have plenty to go after until the next "must have" theme. GoT is one I could easily go for, but the used market is better given the code isn't complete until 1-2 years after release anyway.

#210 9 years ago

Then he said something about Stern buying their bulbs from Cointaker. I don’t know if that is true, .

That is true. If you look at the LED bulbs in Stern's games, they say "CT" on them.

#211 9 years ago

GOT has some good potential...but if you are worried about code, this is one you may be disappointed in. I mean, the books aren't finished being written yet...who knows when they will get done? IMO, It will take at least 2 more books to complete the story and I don't think they will still be working on code by the time they complete these books (unless GOT pinball is produced much further down the road).

So if you don't mind that GOT pinball doesn't follow the entire story line or you don't mind Stern making up their own ending then ...fill your boots.

Who knows, they may get the dragons right on this one.

#212 9 years ago

He looks at me seriously and goes, “100%. My gal I deal with at Cointaker confirmed that it’s the next one”.

Always protect your sources.

#213 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sammy31:

GOT has some good potential...but if you are worried about code, this is one you may be disappointed in. I mean, the books aren't finished being written yet...who knows when they will get done? IMO, It will take at least 2 more books to complete the story and I don't think they will still be working on code by the time they complete these books (unless GOT pinball is produced much further down the road).
    So if you don't mind that GOT pinball doesn't follow the entire story line or you don't mind Stern making up their own ending then ...fill your boots.
    Who knows, they may get the dragons right on this one.

Yeah, unless they are planning on multiple GoT pins, it would be awkward having one that ends before the series does.

#214 9 years ago
    Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yeah, unless they are planning on multiple GoT pins, it would be awkward having one that ends before the series does.

Sopranos, 24, CSI, Walking Dead....

...no one expects pinball to tell the entire story of a TV series. As long as it uses the theme well and highlights some major events, it's all good.

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from YKpinballer:

Maybe the KISS game will even have Gene and Paul replaced when you reach the wizard mode.

#216 9 years ago

Jurassic World Q2 2015

#217 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

Jurassic World Q2 2015

I'd be cool with that. Please sneak in a trilobite somewhere on the play field or BG for me.

#218 9 years ago

Yeah me too. Cool pin theme.

#219 9 years ago

I would love a KISS pin. It would look awesome in my lineup of ACDC and Metallica! Throw in a GnR and you got yourself a killer set of ROCK GODS!

Now if they could only get Led Zep.....

#220 9 years ago

I thought LOTR VE was next.

#221 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Fingers crossed! ...and money in the other hand.

#222 9 years ago

After Wrestlemania being released, I'm ready to believe any and all rumors about the next Stern. MLP or Frozen would not shock me at this point. And Locutus designing it wouldn't shock me either.

Picard_as_Locutus.jpgPicard_as_Locutus.jpg

#223 9 years ago

So I'm wondering what "cointaker lady"'s success rate is on predicting the next Stern pin.

MNpinball, is she the same one who told you KISS was next 3 years ago?

I guess we've had longer threads off weaker sources but I'm not putting much stock in this one.

#224 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I'm wondering what "cointaker lady"'s success rate is on predicting the next Stern pin.
    MNpinball, is she the same one who told you KISS was next 3 years ago?
    I guess we've had longer threads off weaker sources but I'm not putting much stock in this one.

No Levi

#225 9 years ago

I would like to make a wager MNpinball.

If KISS is indeed the next pinball that rolls off the Stern assemblyline (under the Stern name), I'll buy you a Tommy Thayer makeup kit to do with as you please.

If KISS is, once again, for about the 10th straight time, NOT the next Stern pinball machine, you have to buy yourself a Tommy Thayer makeup kit.

Deal?

#226 9 years ago

KISS is MUCH later in the year.

#227 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

KISS is MUCH later in the year.

The same time as The Walking Dead last year? End of October?

#228 9 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

The same time as The Walking Dead last year? End of October?

Summer. Stern is on a 3 game cycle again...like 2012.

Ritchie's game should be out late in the year, after KISS.

#229 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Says who? The Pinside Speculation Squad?

Not happenin'.

#230 9 years ago

I love how you all shit all over WWF as a theme and then when you saw it in action you were "that looks fun!" and saw the LE with the classic wrestlers you were "Oh man, now I love it!"

I guarantee the exact same thing will happen when KISS comes out. "What a stupid theme for old people." "Oh, it looks fun!" "Oh, the LE features classic KISS! I LOVE IT!"

#231 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I guarantee the exact same thing will happen when KISS comes out. "What a stupid theme for old people." "Oh, it looks fun!" "Oh, the LE features classic KISS! I LOVE IT!"

While the standard cycle of love, hate, denial, disappointment, and then acceptance will play out as usual, there's no friggin' way you'll get a "Klassic Kiss" LE.

If it would require a single cent go to Criss or Frehley it will never happen.

Ask the Cointaker lady, she'll tell ya.

#232 9 years ago

Bring me some GoT! That and Aliens is the only two that have my attention right now.

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Says who? The Pinside Speculation Squad?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#234 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

image.jpg 36 KB

TSPP
    LOTR
    POTC
    AC/DC

All were sterns biggest production sellers, time to move on. Besides there were plenty LOTR LE that never were sold. It's over. As well, the license for LOTR would cost more than its trouble.

#235 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

All were sterns biggest production sellers, time to move on. Besides there were plenty LOTR LE that never were sold. It's over. As well, the license for LOTR would cost more than its trouble.

Where's the NIB LOTR LE? I'm interested if it exists....

#236 9 years ago

I don't get how getting the license approved again would be a big thing.

"Hey, remember that project we did with $LICENSE a while back?"

"Yep"

"We'd like to pay you money to make more of the same, as was, with everything as you approved it before"

"Money you say? Deal."

#237 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

TSPP
    LOTR
    POTC
    AC/DC

You know nothing.

If Stern wants to sell VE games (it said that it plans to sell VE games), it needs to sell games that are on demand and that people will buy. That's not Avatar or BBH or AP or WOF or 24 or CSI.

The games that will sell are the big sellers, there was a poll a while back LOTR was listed 2 over any other game followed by Tron and SM as VE games that people would buy more than 180 people voted for LOTR. Probably next to IM and Tron and SM no other VE would sell large numbers. And SM may not be remade unless Sony relaunches the old franchise with Toby McGuire and JK Simmons.

LOTR is still relevant as The Hobbit was just in the theaters the last 3 years.

Edit : 179 Pinsiders voted LOTR

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vault-edition-lets-tell-stern-what-we-want-next/page/4

#238 9 years ago

Furthermore, everyone all the 'geniuses' were saying IM would never be remade how's that working out for them?

Stern could probably sell more LOTR VE than IM VE and they sold a lot of them. And Stern could probably sell Tron VE (pro) well, but they have up just had two runs of Tron pro around two years ago. So while I think Tron pro would still sell, they have not done any re-runs of SM or LOTR or POTC for a longer time period.

Many people want mint or new LOTR and will buy them if made, that's a fact.

#239 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I love how you all shit all over WWF as a theme and then when you saw it in action you were "that looks fun!" and saw the LE with the classic wrestlers you were "Oh man, now I love it!"

This is not true, please don't talk for everyone. I still can't stand the theme or look of WWF and have no interest in it at all.
    I can guarantee you it will be the same with Kiss for me.
    Kiss suck, they are a old dinosaur band that used makeup and pyrotechnics to hide the fact that the music they played was terrible.

#240 9 years ago

Make that 180, i forgot to vote.....and i got the money burning in my pocket.

#241 9 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

That's what I'm saying, I was the guy who first asked if Stern could re-run IM or if they did would people buy it? I asked this and the demand was evident, probably Stern knew it would be a good seller, I think the number of Pinsiders who own IM in now double what it was from before the VE.

So now, most Pinsiders or Pinsiders who are prospective buyers say LOTR is the pin they want most (see poll). I believe Stern knows this as well as you and I. Any people who say LOTR won't sell as a new product is just silly.

If the price was reasonable I'd send a check today to Stern for a new LOTR.

#242 9 years ago

How did this thread turn into another VE speculation thread? If your looking for a VE edition, just hold onto your panties, and if they release one they release one. This horse has been beaten into dusk at this point.

#243 9 years ago

Kiss being next allows me to reload a bit (I don't have an interest in the theme) in case I want to move on GOT. So I'm pretty happy with this possible duo being next in line.

#244 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

You know nothing.
    If Stern wants to sell VE games (it said that it plans to sell VE games), it needs to sell games that are on demand and that people will buy. That's not Avatar or BBH or AP or WOF or 24 or CSI.
    The games that will sell are the big sellers, there was a poll a while back LOTR was listed 2 over any other game followed by Tron and SM as VE games that people would buy more than 130 people voted for LOTR. Probably next to IM and Tron and SM no other VE would sell large numbers. And SM may not be remade unless Sony relaunches the old franchise with Toby McGuire and JK Simmons.
    LOTR is still relevant as The Hobbit was just in the theaters the last 3 years.
    Edit : 179 Pinsiders voted LOTR
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vault-edition-lets-tell-stern-what-we-want-next/page/4

I'm glad you set me straight and cleared that up

#245 9 years ago

If Stern waits too long to put out the KISS machine Stanley and Simmons wont even be on the machine! Both Stanley and Simmons have stated in Rolling Stone that they plan to remove themselves from KISS and put in replacements so the KISS name will go on (there is no god) "til the end of time".

#246 9 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Make that vote 181 for LOTR VE.

#247 9 years ago

Geritol, Metamucil, and Depends are joining up for a Stern KISS Pinball Sweepstakes! Enter now for a chance to win!!! http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/crossfade/2009/10/top_ten_reasons_to_hate_kiss.php

#248 9 years ago

KISS equals take-my-money.

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from D1P:

KISS equals take-my-money.

Me too, it will go nicely with my plaques.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-873.jpgimage-873.jpg image-163.jpgimage-163.jpg
    #250 9 years ago

Nice!

There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-is-up-next-followed-by-game-of-thrones/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.