_kiss_rock_and_roll_over.jpg
th-3.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
punk_bg.jpg
townshend.jpg
image-549.jpg
image-258.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 8 years ago

A Kiss pin will suck. I guarantee that it pill be a photoshopped collage of the latest PR photos that will look like crap. They may as well rehash TRS which is one of Sterns biggest turds.

#66 8 years ago

But Steve Ritchie is not doing Kiss or so I hear.

#73 8 years ago

Levi, wouldn't you think they would just use the images and their stage names i.e. The Demon, Starchild, Space man and The Mangy Cat. If it happens to be hand drawn art instead of photoshop crap the so much the better. Kiss is pretty much a caricature of what they once were anyway.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Ahhh you make me feel so special I would make a bet that other Musicians on PS would care, we like talking to each other. Maybe you don't care and I don't blame you I am just honored that Pinball Legend like you would even take time out to tell me that no one cares!! I would love for a VID's guide to why KISS rocks so that I could learn from the master as to why I should like KISS. Marilyn Manson didn't try to rip off David Bowie till 1998's Mechanical Animals. Portrait of an American Family and Anti-Christ Superstar have nothing to do with sucking dick or David Bowie.

Now children, lets not be ugly to one another. LOL

#82 8 years ago

Kiss sucks now, they were awesome in the past. I would dare to say Metallica is not what they used to be either. Neither is a lot of bands. If the pin were good I think it would sell like hotcakes because of what people remember the band to be. I do think Kiss is pretty bad now though because of Pauls voice and the same show over and over and over again.

#84 8 years ago

The artwork on Metallica is enough to justify buying it if you have the money.

#87 8 years ago

Well, with TRS if you did like pinball it would still remain unplayed.......because it SUUUUUUUCKS

#100 8 years ago

Really, can we cut the kings in Satans service shit. I was told over and over and over by a cousin that I was going to hell because I listened to Kiss and that is what the name meant. Funny, that very same cousin became a carpet muncher. I wonder who will go to hell faster.

#104 8 years ago

When you hear that term do you not think of Cartman?

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Nah, it usually makes me think whoever said it is a simple minded bigot.

Really, so you never watch show like American dad or Southpark Im certain because you would certainly get your panties in a bunch. Its funny dude lighten up.

#119 8 years ago

They NEVER do anything from that disc live.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The priest told me it was "Knights in Satan's Service". Kings, wow, now that would be quite a crusade.

You know I was just goofing right. I couldn't care less.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL
Well, it should be noted Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer are NOT scabbing it up on those Kaskets. I wonder if your idiot friends would have shelled out the cabbage for those if it weren't the original 4.
What does the OTHER guy do with it? Is he actually planning on being buried in that thing?!

You cant buy a casket for cheaper than $6000 can you? If my wife insisted on not doing what I tell her and not claiming my body when my ass croaks and letting the local gov throw it in the dumpster than a cheap $6000 casket would be the way to go. She could do what we did with the cat and put me in a cardboard box and bury me in the back yard.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Wow, you're kind of a bigot, aren't you?

Sometime humor doesn't come through on a post does it. lighten up Francis

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Dream on. The KISS army is the same 14,000 people in each city that go to every concert on every tour. Sort of like Springsteen. He sells out six shows in Philly in the first 24 hours. Unfortunately it is the same 14,000 fifty something dudes who look like the comic book guy that go to all six.
If you want one, buy an LE because there won't be a premium. BTW I still think then next pin is FF followed by GOT.

So how many copies of each record do these people own since every record they sell is platinum. Their record sales show that they were one of the hottest bands in the world regardless of their talent or whether you like them or not.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

1st Stones pin, not popular, 2nd Stones pin, sucks!!
1st KISS pin, 17000 plus units, made every operator all sorts of cash(muliplte amounts over the cost of the machine) for the 1st 12 months.
2nd KISS pin, collectors will line Stern's pockets.
Sorry to all the naysayers, but this thing will sell!!!

The first Kiss pin may have sold but it did suck. I wanted one when I got into pinball but I couldn't play one game on it. It is good looking though.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When was KISS ever popular?

When ROCK music was popular wouldn't you say? Rock is dead. There are no new rock bands like the old stuff. All the bands are geriatric now.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me either Tiger.
Three reasons I bought TWDLE.
1) Theme, one of my all time favorites
2) Lyman Sheets
3) No premium for this pin
Well, now Stern won't let Lyman finish the game code. He's frustrated it was "abandoned in less than a year while Star Trek has been 3 and 1/2 yrs in coding hell"
Sorry, believe what you want, but Stern misled me on the "no premium" pitch to suck out all the LE dollars first.
NO WAY, like Tiger, will i ever buy another Stern pin at release while I have another one in the house with incomplete code.
So, F U Stern.
Let's see what Ben and Charlie come up with next. And Jack. That's where my dollars will go.

Come on Ice, Gary cares about his customers. He'll take care of you.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All pop music has it's run.
Big Band. Swing. Bebop. 50's Rock n Roll. Acid Rock. Hard Rock. Punk Rock. Hair Metal. Gangsta Rap. NuMetal
Sure there are revival bands that pop up from time to time (Fish, Black Crowes, The Darkness, Sha Na Na, Royal Crown Review), but after a while, it's simply used up.
» YouTube video

Country is still around. It is more RR now than any thing else. I will really be glad when rap in any form is gone. I just wish I could go see a band that didn't need a walker to come out on stage. I saw Avenged Sevenfold with my son and I enjoyed it but even he will tell you most of the new RR sucks.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What about Western?

LOL, I don't think its much Country Western anymore. Its almost Southern Rock. My wife and daughter listen to it. I like old bluegrass more. How about some Lester Flat and Earl Scruggs? Now that would make a great pinball machine.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Just because oeople are not spoon fed great rock and roll does not make it dead

Im more than willing to listen to any new rock bands that you recommend.

#200 8 years ago

I like. Kind of late 60s sounding. Makes you want to burn one and sink into the chair. More please.

#266 8 years ago

That was funny as hell. That was at the show at the woodlands and I was there. Of course if he actually did anything to the guy he would have sued and gotten rich.

#269 8 years ago

Not I but I was at one where a hellacious storm started right as
Gene started God of Thunder. There was lightning, very strong winds and rain that flooded everything and blew all the way to the stage. Most of the people in the lawn left it was so bad. It stopped within minutes after the song was over. It was pretty cool.

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I am surprised that guy was not ejected immediately. With some high power lasers that is no joke.
Nice memory for that guy for the rest of his stupid days.
Now Axl would have just went home.
» YouTube video

It was a laser pointer that you can buy anywhere. That is not dangerous at all.

1 week later
#277 8 years ago

"Distracting and disrespectful though, bring many lasers to concerts do ya?"

No I do not. Its kind of a shitty thing to do.

"All laser are dangerous to your eyes buddy, check your facts."

If it is put directly in someones eyes maybe but there is a big difference in a red pointer than a green or blue laser.

Disrespectful in any case.

#278 8 years ago

I took this from a Mythbusters article. We are kind of both right.

While it is unlikely most lasers used in toys, games, and laser pointers can permanently damage your eyes, it is theoretically possible so caution should be exercised. However, spilt second exposure from type II or IIIA laser pointers will not result in any permanent damage. Shining a laser pointer in someone’s eye performing certain visual tasks can cause flash blindness and result in an accident. Children should never play with lasers unsupervised and no one should use a laser that is not properly labeled by the United States Food and Drug Administration. It is possible to order very powerful lasers over the internet and there use is definitely dangerous.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-is-the-next-stern?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.