Topic Stats

• 300 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-565.jpg
image.jpg
Zeppelin.JPG
a8abe523-1428-4373-9384-b18ed3199a32_gwar-masked.jpg
file-269.png
file-652.png
file.png
_the blue oyster.jpg
_kiss_rock_and_roll_over.jpg
th-3.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
punk_bg.jpg
townshend.jpg
image-549.jpg
image-258.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

...Wrestling, EM, old ass KISS, what's next? Muppets? Lmao.

If Stern did Wrestlemania, KISS, and then the Muppets, they'd hit the holy trinity of my youth. That would infuriate the masses, but put the biggest grin on my face. Hell, a Muppet I made out of Lego's is my avatar! I'd be concerned that someone at Stern was spying on me because no one else can like those things, right?

KISS is so polarizing because to many they're a commercializing group first and a band second. Any time someone mentions they hate KISS, I ask if they like AC/DC. Musically they are as close as Nickelback is to my toilet flushing. Both KISS and AC/DC put out very basic "4-on-the-floor" standard toe-tapping rock songs. Both have very distinct frontmen, and both have lead guitars that are great. But if you take just 1 month of drum lessons, you can play half of KISS' catalog and 98% of AC/DC's.

KISS may already have had a pin from ~35 years ago, but IMO their image/theme/brand is so much more pin-friendly than AC/DC. If they had a pin which had an awesome light show that captured live KISS concerts, they'd have something anyone could enjoy (though many wouldn't admit).

If there was a Firehouse mode with red sirens all around the PF, or a God of Thunder mode with most lights off and occasional lightning, or even a Love Gun sequence where the machine reacts to that 5 second snare riff throughout the song, it would be a damn cool machine.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Second point is that most Kiss Harkores LOATHE the current inkarnation of KISS with the skabs, and aren't gonna want to drop $6,000 on a Kiss pinball machine featuring the likes of Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer. And there's no way Gene and Paul would approve a 2015 Kiss pinball machine featuring Peter Criss and Ace Frehely, whose guts they hate in no uncertain terms.

If Stern could pull a "WWE Wrestlemania" and have a Pro with Thayer/Singer and an LE with Frehley/Criss, I'd laugh myself to sleep. How do you sell more LE's? For WWE WM, by making the Pro miserable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 25.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside