Topic Stats

• 300 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-565.jpg
image.jpg
Zeppelin.JPG
a8abe523-1428-4373-9384-b18ed3199a32_gwar-masked.jpg
file-269.png
file-652.png
file.png
_the blue oyster.jpg
_kiss_rock_and_roll_over.jpg
th-3.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
punk_bg.jpg
townshend.jpg
image-549.jpg
image-258.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 4 years ago

I love the fact that

Quoted from vid1900:That is what makes them cool.
Each instrument has it's own little space in the mix that sounds great when cranked up and turgid.

My 2nd favorite album of theirs is Hotter Than Hell, and it sounds like it was recoreded in a submarine - but I wouldn't trade anything for it. When the remasters came out, I thought something was deffinatley lost. And they do have very good sounding albums including Destroyer, The Elder, and Revenge which were all produced by Bob Ezrin.

The only thing I would be concerened about was that they include some original artwork (album covers) and that they are more than 8 songs. In fact - I would hope they include the hits, but also include lesser gems like Creatures of the Night, Parasite, Got to Choose, Say Yeah, etc.

#109 4 years ago

Nice list Vid, but you gotta start getting in the 80's materials. Lots of gems there.

Tears are Falling
Crazy Crazy Nights
Who Wants to be Lonely
I Love it Loud
Exciter
Thrills in the Night (one of my all time favorites)
Hide your Heart (they did this one live a few years ago)
Unholy
etc....

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sorry about that.
By the time the 80s came around I was listening to Misfits, Negative Approach, DRI, 7 Seconds, FEAR, Toy Dolls, DOA.....Kiss just did not have enough adrenaline to keep up with my surging loins.

I went in the other direction, getting into more progressive type music, Genesis, Marillion, Spock's Beard, Porcupine Tree, etc. I always come back to KISS when I need to get a pick me up. Times in my past when things got me down, girlfriend trouble, or even bad news of some sort, KISS always was there to help me get back up.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm going to jump in here as somebody that grew up with that band and say something that will probably be very unpopular: I think Music From The Elder is one of their best albums--if not THE best.

I like the album alot as well. The band hates it as it nearly killed their careers, but it has some great songs, the production is top notch, and Gene's A World Without Heroes is worth the price alone.

I also enjoy Hot in the Shade, Unmasked, Asylum, some of the solo work, etc. Lots of great material during the late 70's/early 80's. If they made a Dynasty LE with the cover art on the backglass and the inside cover art on the cab, I'd sell whatever I would need to in order to get it.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I don't rcare much for kiss. But if they made a Detroit rock city PE (That song RULES!) I might have to get one if the gameplay and look are awesome.....and I can change some of the other songs.

You can take the bet that if a KISS game is made, DRC the song will be included. It is probably their most famous after Rock and Roll all night. If we had to go with only 10 songs, my guess would be:

DRC
Rock and Roll all Night
Love Gun
Deuce
Calling Dr. Love
I was Made for Loving You
Lick it Up
Shout it Out Loud
Do You Love Me?
Black Diamond

These are the "core" that has been in their set for the last 20 years.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

No doubt. I'll put Kiss' 1st record up against just about anything. Strutter, Firehouse, Cold Gin, Deuce, 100,000 Years, Black Diamond. Stern should just make a pin called Kiss' First Album. About 70% of their best songs are on that album alone.

Most of those songs still rotate in their set list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saginaw, TX
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
$ 21.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside