_kiss_rock_and_roll_over.jpg
th-3.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
punk_bg.jpg
townshend.jpg
image-549.jpg
image-258.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Here is the quote from Pinball Magazine:
. . . Designer John Popadiuk confirmed he was unable to secure the KISS-license after displaying his KISS-prototype at the Midwest Gaming Classics show. He had been informed the license had been secured by Stern since then.

HOLY SHIT!!!

Quoted from Jasontaps:

Please note that Stern have not confirmed they secured this license and we apologize if a previous listing may have given the impression they did.

Oh.

And since this is just destined to be a KISS theme discussion thread, I'll throw in my 2 cents...

Not the slam dunk some seem to think it is. MOST Kiss kollectors love to buy kiss garbage, but it's all cheap crap. There's a big difference between some $20 KISS dolls or a pack of Kiss Kondoms and a $6000 pinball machine - if there weren't, most Kisstards would already OWN a Kiss pinball machine, and it wouldn't just be the holy grail of Kiss Kollectables that most of them yearn to one day stash amidst their Kiss Komic book and Kiss bobbleheads.

Second point is that most Kiss Harkores LOATHE the current inkarnation of KISS with the skabs, and aren't gonna want to drop $6,000 on a Kiss pinball machine featuring the likes of Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer. And there's no way Gene and Paul would approve a 2015 Kiss pinball machine featuring Peter Criss and Ace Frehely, whose guts they hate in no uncertain terms.

Third point is that Kiss sucks. And I'm saying that as someone who actually kinda likes KISS (at least what they were and did in the 70s).

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So all the different KISS Kaskets @ $5000 or the $4500 Kisstory book are cheap?

kasket_2011.jpg
2535679-kiss-monster-event-617-409.jpg

They didn't sell ANY of those stupid kaskets - the only one I've ever heard of actually changing hands was donated to Dimebag's family so they could bury him in it.

I also doubt they sold many of those lame books. You can try to sell whatever you want but Stern isn't gonna stay in business on "try."

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Levi, wouldn't you think they would just use the images and their stage names i.e. The Demon, Starchild, Space man and The Mangy Cat. If it happens to be hand drawn art instead of photoshop crap the so much the better. Kiss is pretty much a caricature of what they once were anyway.

No, it'll be photoshopped photo stuff of the current guys, I'm sure of it. The last thing they want to do is have ANY possibility of owing Criss and Ace money.

#132 9 years ago

Vid1900 is a Kisstard?!

Didn't see that coming.

Here's Paul Stanley absolutely butchering Kiss Klassic love gun this month.

Hang it up Paul, you are embarrassing yourself:

#t=107

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know at least 2 idiots who own them.
One guy uses it as a cooler at his yearly Halloween party.

LOL

Well, it should be noted Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer are NOT scabbing it up on those Kaskets. I wonder if your idiot friends would have shelled out the cabbage for those if it weren't the original 4.

What does the OTHER guy do with it? Is he actually planning on being buried in that thing?!

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I love Year Zero (crazy video too), but a lot of their stuff is kinda weird, like not even rock/metal.

True some of it is almost disco but most of it is hard rock/metal in the BOC vein. I think it's really good...but their second album could have been heavier. Would be good if they return in that direction next time around.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Oh, and Kiss pinball is terrible. Lost World is a better game and that isn't saying much!

Oh that's ridiculous. KISS is a fun game...fast, dual spinners, ball save gate, drop targets on one side and standups on the other. Standard Bally late 70s fun and MUCH better than Lost World which is one of the few bad ones.

People who say it sucks just have an agenda, one that doesn't include expensive late 70s digitals or KISS.

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know they sold one of those books.

Well, at least they sold one. The other several thousand are rotting in the warehouse of a gullible printer with many unpaid bills because nobody is stupid enough to spend thousands of dollars on a shitty KISS book that's as big as a Yugo.

Like I said, Kiss' merchandising power is more or less a myth. KISStards want to buy cheap dolls, not expensive "holy grails."

The glorious details and some amusing photos of unwanted stock...

http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88005&start=240

file.pngfile.png

file.pngfile.png

file.pngfile.png

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Good for Stern.....another game that I don't have to worry about saving money for or making room for.

Congratulations!!!

You are the 1 millionth pinsider to make this exact same joke upon reading about a title that inspired disinterest.

You win...a FREE Sharky's Shootout pinball machine!!!!

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

- DVD copy of the offical "worst celebrity sex video ever made"

rd.

Methinks Rotor Dave needs to look into the Randy Quaid sex tape.

Hey...you wanted the best, you got the best.

#259 9 years ago

The "catalogue" you are gonna get is old Kiss songs - but re recorded with the scabs.

About 5 years ago they re-recorded their greatest hits. They own the rights and publishing so they can make all the money selling for ads and licensing for stuff like pinball machines. and of course they pay less money to ace and peter whom they loathe.

So you'll get hotter than hell featuring Eric singer and tommy thayer, along with a 55-year old Paul Stanley.

There is absolutely no possibility you'll get the original recordings like on acdc. Will never happen. The whole reason they re-recorded their hits was for stuff like this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-is-the-next-stern?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.