Topic Stats

• 300 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-565.jpg
image.jpg
Zeppelin.JPG
a8abe523-1428-4373-9384-b18ed3199a32_gwar-masked.jpg
file-269.png
file-652.png
file.png
_the blue oyster.jpg
_kiss_rock_and_roll_over.jpg
th-3.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
punk_bg.jpg
townshend.jpg
image-549.jpg
image-258.jpg

There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Ya know what, I don't care what Stern puts out, just give me some unique, cool toys, good flow, and awesome code and I'll buy it.

Yup. Been a while since we've seen a game with good toys. Last one was Metallica, IMO. Star Trek - meh. Mustang - zero toys. TWD - lame toys. WWE - ring doesn't really seem to do much of anything.

Time for something really unique & fun!

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup. Been a while since we've seen a game with good toys. Last one was Metallica, IMO. Star Trek - meh. Mustang - zero toys. TWD - lame toys. WWE - ring doesn't really seem to do much of anything.

A rudy-like head of Gene simmons that just bashes other musicians the whole game. When you shoot the ball in his mouth he shuts up for the rest of the game. Plus new band member modes every 20 or so games. Gene and Paul get sick of the other band member modes and get new ones. Did I mention I need sleep

#253 4 years ago

There could be four band member heads pop up from the playfield to bash.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Yeah....ok folks, a music theme pin by the designer who did tron, Iron Man, and Metallica is not going to stink. Those opting out before even seeing or playing something is ridiculous......and for the record if you dont like anything on kiss' first album, your an idiot. Yes, they've sucked huge balls for the last twenty some years, but go listen to their first record....please.

No doubt. I'll put Kiss' 1st record up against just about anything. Strutter, Firehouse, Cold Gin, Deuce, 100,000 Years, Black Diamond. Stern should just make a pin called Kiss' First Album. About 70% of their best songs are on that album alone.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

No doubt. I'll put Kiss' 1st record up against just about anything. Strutter, Firehouse, Cold Gin, Deuce, 100,000 Years, Black Diamond. Stern should just make a pin called Kiss' First Album. About 70% of their best songs are on that album alone.

Most of those songs still rotate in their set list.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The Metallica pin leaned heavily on their older catalog, maybe you'll get the same thing here.

#257 4 years ago

Does Kiss even have a "newer" catalog?

#258 4 years ago

The first KISS album was great and the only one I bought. The songs after that were cheesy and just bad.

#259 4 years ago

The "catalogue" you are gonna get is old Kiss songs - but re recorded with the scabs.

About 5 years ago they re-recorded their greatest hits. They own the rights and publishing so they can make all the money selling for ads and licensing for stuff like pinball machines. and of course they pay less money to ace and peter whom they loathe.

So you'll get hotter than hell featuring Eric singer and tommy thayer, along with a 55-year old Paul Stanley.

There is absolutely no possibility you'll get the original recordings like on acdc. Will never happen. The whole reason they re-recorded their hits was for stuff like this.

#260 4 years ago

KISS makes me feel a bit queasy. Hope Stern makes Rammstein instead.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The "catalogue" you are gonna get is old Kiss songs - but re recorded with the scabs.
About 5 years ago they re-recorded their greatest hits. They own the rights and publishing so they can make all the money selling for ads and licensing for stuff like pinball machines. and of course they pay less money to ace and peter whom they loathe.
So you'll get hotter than hell featuring Eric singer and tommy thayer, along with a 55-year old Paul Stanley.
There is absolutely no possibility you'll get the original recordings like on acdc. Will never happen. The whole reason they re-recorded their hits was for stuff like this.

Oh God. I hope not. They do want Stern to actually sell some of these machines, don't they?

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There could be four band member heads pop up from the playfield to bash.

is this trolling? ha ha

#263 4 years ago

This thread reminded me of a classic T-Shirt Hell shirt... Stern could satisfy two themes people have been asking for at once.

Zeppelin.JPG
#264 4 years ago

All those moldy old bands are re-recording their hits so they actually get paid for the sale of their music.

Def Lepard, Ozzy, ELO, Jefferson Starship, KISS, have all made brand new greatest hit albums. Carefully re-creating the songs so that THEY own the recording, not the old record companies.
--------

Def Leppard Re-Recording Hit Songs to ‘Wrestle Back Career’ From Record Label:

=================================

“Until we can come to some kind of humane conclusion to this ridiculous stand-off, we’re going to say, ‘F— you,’” Elliott tells Classic Rock in the most recent print edition.

“We want to get the same rate for digital as we do when we sell CDs, and they’re trying to give us a rate that doesn’t even come close,” the front man adds (quotes via Blabbermouth). “They illegally put up our songs for a while, paying us the rate they chose without even negotiating with us, so we had our lawyer take them down.”

Without offering specifics, Elliott hints Def Leppard will release more re-recordings in the future. He calls the new singles “forgeries,” but says that is the only choice the band has right now.

“Between us and Bon Jovi, we f—— built that company,” Elliott adds. “We built their penthouse sushi bar, wherever it may be, and they just treated us like s—. We can either roll over like little dandelions or we can stand up and punch them in the bollocks. And that’s exactly what we’re doing.”

===============================================

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They should just re-use the laser thing from Star Trek and have Paul Stanley go apeshit when it turns on.

#266 4 years ago

That was funny as hell. That was at the show at the woodlands and I was there. Of course if he actually did anything to the guy he would have sued and gotten rich.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That was funny as hell. That was at the show at the woodlands and I was there. Of course if he actually did anything to the guy he would have sued and gotten rich.

Now it happens over and over... Probably because there isn't anything more hilarious than a 65 year old man in high heels and a halloween costume trying to sound like a tough guy.

#268 4 years ago

Was anybody at the show when Gene pissed his pants on stage? That would make an interesting toy.

#269 4 years ago

Not I but I was at one where a hellacious storm started right as
Gene started God of Thunder. There was lightning, very strong winds and rain that flooded everything and blew all the way to the stage. Most of the people in the lawn left it was so bad. It stopped within minutes after the song was over. It was pretty cool.

#270 4 years ago

To all of the Kiss haters.........Suck it! The Kiss game will do so well, there will be remakes of it in 20 years..........

image.jpg image-565.jpg
#271 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

They should just re-use the laser thing from Star Trek and have Paul Stanley go apeshit when it turns on.
» YouTube video

Haha, I dig the laser as a cool MB lighting feature....would I consider it a toy? Not really...I'm all for putting it in another game though!

#272 4 years ago

I am surprised that guy was not ejected immediately. With some high power lasers that is no joke.

Nice memory for that guy for the rest of his stupid days.

Now Axl would have just went home.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not I but I was at one where a hellacious storm started right as
Gene started God of Thunder

The last time KISS played NZ was at a festival in 2008 and they had heaps of mishaps on stage.

Gene came out before God of Thunder and did his blood spewing thing, and the roadies came out and hooked him up with the ropes to fly up to the lighting rig to sing the song.

But something went kaput and he got about 4 foot in the air and stopped. So he's hanging there, with blood everywhere, the big bass sound booming ... And just sorta hanging around.

After about a minute he came back down and sang the song on the stage, instead of up in the rig.

All us guys who had seen the show before were cracking up. But the noobees who hadn't seen the show thought it was cool he went 4 foot in the air lol! "Look he's flying!"

rd.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I am surprised that guy was not ejected immediately. With some high power lasers that is no joke.
Nice memory for that guy for the rest of his stupid days.
Now Axl would have just went home.
» YouTube video

It was a laser pointer that you can buy anywhere. That is not dangerous at all.

1 week later
#275 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Distracting and disrespectful though, bring many lasers to concerts do ya?

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

All laser are dangerous to your eyes buddy, check your facts.

#277 4 years ago

"Distracting and disrespectful though, bring many lasers to concerts do ya?"

No I do not. Its kind of a shitty thing to do.

"All laser are dangerous to your eyes buddy, check your facts."

If it is put directly in someones eyes maybe but there is a big difference in a red pointer than a green or blue laser.

Disrespectful in any case.

#278 4 years ago

I took this from a Mythbusters article. We are kind of both right.

While it is unlikely most lasers used in toys, games, and laser pointers can permanently damage your eyes, it is theoretically possible so caution should be exercised. However, spilt second exposure from type II or IIIA laser pointers will not result in any permanent damage. Shining a laser pointer in someone’s eye performing certain visual tasks can cause flash blindness and result in an accident. Children should never play with lasers unsupervised and no one should use a laser that is not properly labeled by the United States Food and Drug Administration. It is possible to order very powerful lasers over the internet and there use is definitely dangerous.

#279 4 years ago

They should still amend it to being OK to shoot any laser at Kiss, because it's f'ing hilarious.

#280 4 years ago

Shine this laser pointer at KISS.

It's not 2mW, it's 2W !!!

http://www.wickedlasers.com/arctic

#281 4 years ago

Burning stuff with the 2w laser pen.

#282 4 years ago

So, is KISS the next game? A week ago someone said that Game Of Thrones had been shifted into the next spot, but now I'm hearing it's KISS again.

A case of wait and see?

#283 4 years ago

No one ever knows.

Gary always says it takes at least a year to develop a new title, so it seems too soon for KISS.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No one ever knows.
Gary always says it takes at least a year to develop a new title, so it seems too soon for KISS.

Need to replenish my pinball funds, so I can wait.

#285 4 years ago

Anyone has een idea when the next pin will be announced? I thought i heard may for the reveal. Any truth in this?

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Anyone has een idea when the next pin will be announced? I thought i heard may for the reveal. Any truth in this?

Quoted from vid1900:

No one ever knows.

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No one ever knows.

True.
But that doesn't stop us guessing.

#288 4 years ago

Stern announced IMVE on June 12th of last year. I'm thinking the next title is going to be announced soon!!!

#289 4 years ago

My distributor usually knows about 3 days before the general announcement, but he has never mentioned any exact timing structure.

#290 4 years ago

20 thumbs down on my first post saying I'm wrong ROFL!!!

#291 4 years ago

19 now.....

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

20 thumbs down on my first post saying I'm wrong ROFL!!!

It's because you wrote:

Quoted from fattdirk:

Heard they're going to announce this in 3 weeks.

And that was only 18 days ago. Wrong by 3 days.

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Sorry but this is not tru the next game is not KISS; next title should be announced soon, but Kiss is not next; a little further down the line

nailed it again

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Borg and Ritchie are not Kiss fans; so that would be JT's game and all things lead to The Fast and The Furious

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

A Kiss pin will suck. I guarantee that it will be a photoshopped collage of the latest PR photos that will look like crap. They may as well rehash TRS which is one of Sterns biggest turds.

#296 4 years ago

Game looks amazing. Not a huge fan of their music, but this thing looks epic. Stern is gonna be on a roll again!

#297 4 years ago

I'm so glad I started this thread full of naysayers. Reading thru it makes me smile.

#298 4 years ago

Derek will stay its the greatest game ever!! Then sell it two weeks later.

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

A rudy-like head of Gene simmons that just bashes other musicians the whole game. When you shoot the ball in his mouth he shuts up for the rest of the game. Plus new band member modes every 20 or so games. Gene and Paul get sick of the other band member modes and get new ones. Did I mention I need sleep

Looks like you were correct!!

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Derek will stay its the greatest game ever!! Then sell it two weeks later.

The real tell is if Derek DOESN"T say its the greatest game ever = run for the hills.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.95
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 21.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
$ 11.95
$ 25.00
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck , NJ
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
$ 279.95
There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside