Topic Stats

• 300 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-565.jpg
image.jpg
Zeppelin.JPG
a8abe523-1428-4373-9384-b18ed3199a32_gwar-masked.jpg
file-269.png
file-652.png
file.png
_the blue oyster.jpg
_kiss_rock_and_roll_over.jpg
th-3.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
punk_bg.jpg
townshend.jpg
image-549.jpg
image-258.jpg

There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 4 years ago

Money in the bank LE

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Star Wars!!!!!
Stern would be crazy not to jump on that

They already did!

#203 4 years ago

Saw Scorpion Child live last year, great show... the opening German band Kadavar was even better IMO.

There are tons of bands putting out great 70s/Retro/Stoner/Psychedelic/Desert rock these days. I listen to easily over 100 of them, majority being from Europe.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I like. Kind of late 60s sounding. Makes you want to burn one and sink into the chair. More please.

Check out The Sword you like a psychedelic sound. This is their biggest "hit" so its a few years old, but this band has so many great songs.

#205 4 years ago

So, if the topic has shifted to new music recommendations: Check out Spidergawd.

#206 4 years ago

Why do Solid State KISS pins still sell for 2500-5000 dollars? The theme rocks but the game sucks. They sell because there are people that collect and listen to Kiss. I myself love Kiss from 1974-1983. I listen to it just like I listen to other classic rock bands. They are popular just like AC/DC. They still sell out concerts. Their make-up is Americana. The theme alone will make people that don't play pinball actually play a game or two. I am sure the AC/DC and Metallica pins brought in a few non pinball people to the table set up in the corner of a bar. Stern is not going to listen to a few thousand people on a pinball forum. Well they will to a point like bringing out LEs and VE to cash in on those 1000 or so people that want them. Mostly Stern is out to make money out in the real world like a bar, movie theater, arcade, truck stop etc. Even if you don't buy one, operators will and KISS collectors will. I for one hope that the pin sells a lot and has good code (in time) and becomes a classic like Star Trek, AC/DC, Metallica, Tron.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I like. Kind of late 60s sounding. Makes you want to burn one and sink into the chair. More please.

The Shins....Not exactly what you are looking for, but try them for a few days in the car.

They are not exactly under the radar, but then again, no where near as known or popular as they should be.

#208 4 years ago

I'm 49 and have a Bally KISS machine. Wouldn't be interested in a new one. I like the 1st album through Creatures of the Night. The 1st makeup period. It is an age thing w/fans. Collected some cool stuff back in the 80s when it was still affordable. I think the Bally KISS machine is fine. But, I'm old............

#209 4 years ago

Rock and Roll Over LE please?

_kiss_rock_and_roll_over.jpg
#210 4 years ago

This thread is the same old shit that every other "Kiss is the next pin" thread has.

Get over it!

With titles like WWF and Mustang, is anyone REALLY surprised on this one?

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

I think the Bally KISS machine is fine.

Yep, nothing wrong with it at all.

There is a bar by my hotel that has one. It can be brutal after a few drinks.

#212 4 years ago

Compared to WWF, Kiss as a title is a mega-home run in my book. WWF set the bar lower than I thought Stern would ever go.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, nothing wrong with it at all.
There is a bar by my hotel that has one. It can be brutal after a few drinks.

What bar?

#214 4 years ago

This one?

_the blue oyster.jpg
#215 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This one?

_the blue oyster.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Cue the music!!

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Even if you don't buy one, operators will and KISS collectors will.

Kiss has a smaller fanbase than, say, TWD but these fans are probably more likely to spend $5k+ on a pin. You probably not need a very large fanbase to sell a decent amount of pins. Even if Kiss lovers represent 1% of the population, if a decent fraction of them are ready to buy expensive collectible items related to their hobby, it could really work for Stern.

Not sure if it is healthy to rely on themes appealing to a middle-aged population but definitively makes sense from a business perspective.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me either Tiger.
Three reasons I bought TWDLE.
1) Theme, one of my all time favorites
2) Lyman Sheets

Do Lyman Sheets come with matching pillow cases and a duvet cover?

Haha Ice ... I couldn't resisit!

rd.

#218 4 years ago

The Blue Oyster Bar was just a joke. You know...."I keed I keed"

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This one?

_the blue oyster.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That's where I met my boyfriend.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Im more than willing to listen to any new rock bands that you recommend.

My favorite new band is Tame Impala, Kevin Parker (who basically is Tame Impala) is brilliant--plays all the instruments on most of his studio work.

Oh, and Abbe May isn't too bad, either!

#221 4 years ago

Heh. Heard almost word for word all the same arguments when ACDC and Metallica were rumored.

#222 4 years ago

Another good "new" band is Ghost BC, if you like makup on your musicians:

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I love Year Zero (crazy video too), but a lot of their stuff is kinda weird, like not even rock/metal.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Kiss has a smaller fanbase than, say, TWD but these fans are probably more likely to spend $5k+ on a pin. You probably not need a very large fanbase to sell a decent amount of pins. Even if Kiss lovers represent 1% of the population, if a decent fraction of them are ready to buy expensive collectible items related to their hobby, it could really work for Stern.
Not sure if it is healthy to rely on themes appealing to a middle-aged population but definitively makes sense from a business perspective.

Kind to call 'em middle-aged I would say ! I see the Kiss coffeehouse closed down. One location less. Herman's Hermit's next pin ?

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video

Wow, was not expecting the music that come from that....I don't know what to think. Might do some more listening.

Looking forward to a new KISS pinball. The Bally machine is the epitome of pinball to me. Always wanted to own one, but commands crazy money. If I can't have an Alice Cooper or Marilyn Manson pinball, will grab a KISS.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My favorite new band is Tame Impala

Tame Impala rocks!

#227 4 years ago

Die Antwort for the win! You will watch this and forget about for a day or two and then watch it 5 or 6 more times. So good.

Oh, and Kiss pinball is terrible. Lost World is a better game and that isn't saying much!

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I love Year Zero (crazy video too), but a lot of their stuff is kinda weird, like not even rock/metal.

True some of it is almost disco but most of it is hard rock/metal in the BOC vein. I think it's really good...but their second album could have been heavier. Would be good if they return in that direction next time around.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Oh, and Kiss pinball is terrible. Lost World is a better game and that isn't saying much!

Oh that's ridiculous. KISS is a fun game...fast, dual spinners, ball save gate, drop targets on one side and standups on the other. Standard Bally late 70s fun and MUCH better than Lost World which is one of the few bad ones.

People who say it sucks just have an agenda, one that doesn't include expensive late 70s digitals or KISS.

#230 4 years ago

I won't be able to pass on an LE on this one. With the pinball browser, Kiss has some decent songs you can program yourself.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Kiss has some decent songs you can program yourself.

If they happen to leave out any like they did Whiplash on Metallica, you will be able to add Cold Gin if need be.

#232 4 years ago

Good for Stern.....another game that I don't have to worry about saving money for or making room for.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My favorite new band is Tame Impala, Kevin Parker (who basically is Tame Impala) is brilliant--plays all the instruments on most of his studio work.
» YouTube video
Oh, and Abbe May isn't too bad, either!
» YouTube video

Tame Impala would be on par with Tron if it ever got made!

#234 4 years ago

Two LE's........Star Child LE and Demon LE. 250 of each world wide.

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

With the pinball browser, Kiss has some decent songs you can program yourself.

It'll be on the new spike system so good luck changing any songs.
Or has pinball browser added support to WWE that I missed?

#236 4 years ago

Interview with Gene on the BBC about making bucket loads of money from licensed products.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32301157

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Two LE's........Star Child LE and Demon LE. 250 of each world wide.

Star Child LE Feature Matrix:
- all songs played 2 steps lower to facilitate failing voice
- repeatedly says "come on people" during all modes
- when powered down, it strangely disappears into the background

Demon LE Feature Matrix:
- three times the price of a usual LE
- exclusive unusually thick weave Daniel Boon coon skin Hat style wig topper
- 1% discount card for future purchases from the KISS Store
- discount to only $1500 to meet and greet Demon for 15 seconds at the next Final Tour Ever Tour
- DVD copy of the offical "worst celebrity sex video ever made"

rd.

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know they sold one of those books.

Well, at least they sold one. The other several thousand are rotting in the warehouse of a gullible printer with many unpaid bills because nobody is stupid enough to spend thousands of dollars on a shitty KISS book that's as big as a Yugo.

Like I said, Kiss' merchandising power is more or less a myth. KISStards want to buy cheap dolls, not expensive "holy grails."

The glorious details and some amusing photos of unwanted stock...

http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88005&start=240

file.png

file.png

file.png

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Good for Stern.....another game that I don't have to worry about saving money for or making room for.

Congratulations!!!

You are the 1 millionth pinsider to make this exact same joke upon reading about a title that inspired disinterest.

You win...a FREE Sharky's Shootout pinball machine!!!!

#240 4 years ago

Yeah....ok folks, a music theme pin by the designer who did tron, iron man, and metallica is not going to stink. Those opting out before even seeing or playing something is ridiculous......and for the record if you dont like anything on kiss' first album, your an idiot. Yes, they've sucked huge balls for the last twenty some years, but go listen to their first record....please.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh that's ridiculous. KISS is a fun game...fast, dual spinners, ball save gate, drop targets on one side and standups on the other. Standard Bally late 70s fun and MUCH better than Lost World which is one of the few bad ones.
People who say it sucks just have an agenda, one that doesn't include expensive late 70s digitals or KISS.

Agenda... Not sure what mine is then. My agenda could be great pinball and not average pinball.

Hopefully my agenda leads me to a Fathom for around 3K. If not, no big deal. I have bought and sold one Kiss machine, and a backglass for one. It's not a great game, and it's not a great band. Average and average.

Personal preferences aside, I am not surprised that the machine is very desirable among the pinball community. Worldwide, it is one of the most successful and popular bands ever. All of those facts do not make it a better pinball game. Sorry.

Wish I had 5 of them to sell to people that have a boner for Kiss and pinball.

Nearly every single die hard Kiss fan I have ever spoken with over the years could care less about the Bally Kiss pinball machine, unless they could buy one for dirt cheap.

From my experience, Kiss pinball is for pinball folks, not for fans of the band.

#242 4 years ago

I could see Ritchie doing the Fast and Furious. That's a perfect theme for him.

I would really like a non license pin. Lets see Stern be creative.

If they do come out with a Kiss Pin, PLEASE design it with art and cartoon figures like MET! Besides game play MET is great because of how it looks.

#243 4 years ago

Hmmm...I wonder how a GWAR pin would do. Blood spitting mod?

a8abe523-1428-4373-9384-b18ed3199a32_gwar-masked.jpg
#244 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

- DVD copy of the offical "worst celebrity sex video ever made"

rd.

Methinks Rotor Dave needs to look into the Randy Quaid sex tape.

Hey...you wanted the best, you got the best.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Methinks Rotor Dave needs to look into the Randy Quaid sex tape.
Hey...you wanted the best, you got the best.

My eyes still haven't recovered from seeing Genes fat ass and his very lacklustre moves.

rd.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I won't be able to pass on an LE on this one. With the pinball browser, Kiss has some decent songs you can program yourself.

Not to burst your bubble, but Pinball browser is for SAM games, and all new Stern games from here out will be Spike. At least for now you can't change them up.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My eyes still haven't recovered from seeing Genes fat ass and his very lacklustre moves.
rd.

Not that I want to see it lol but was there a Gene sex tape? Now that's disturbing.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not to burst your bubble, but Pinball browser is for SAM games, and all new Stern games from here out will be Spike. At least for now you can't change them up.

Oh no! You popped my bubble! I really didn't know that Aurich. But no worries. I'd probably still buy.

#249 4 years ago

Ya know what, I don't care what Stern puts out, just give me some unique, cool toys, good flow, and awesome code and I'll buy it.

#250 4 years ago

What does Gene always say? People call him a sell out, and he replies "yes, I sell out every night"

I really used to think Gene was an ass for a long time, now I realize he's really a good business man (not unlike Gary Stern). Don't believe me, listen to this interview on adam carolla:
http://adamcarolla.com/take-a-knee-with-gene-simmons

y outube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DWKijJ9n-VQ#t=44

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saginaw, TX
$ 25.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside