Topic Stats

• 300 posts
  • 118 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-565.jpg
image.jpg
Zeppelin.JPG
a8abe523-1428-4373-9384-b18ed3199a32_gwar-masked.jpg
file-269.png
file-652.png
file.png
_the blue oyster.jpg
_kiss_rock_and_roll_over.jpg
th-3.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
punk_bg.jpg
townshend.jpg
image-549.jpg
image-258.jpg

There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

24 hours?.....That LONG?

Hey, hedge your bets lol

Ken

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sorry about that.
By the time the 80s came around I was listening to Misfits, Negative Approach, DRI, 7 Seconds, FEAR, Toy Dolls, DOA.....Kiss just did not have enough adrenaline to keep up with my surging loins.

I went in the other direction, getting into more progressive type music, Genesis, Marillion, Spock's Beard, Porcupine Tree, etc. I always come back to KISS when I need to get a pick me up. Times in my past when things got me down, girlfriend trouble, or even bad news of some sort, KISS always was there to help me get back up.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm going to jump in here as somebody that grew up with that band and say something that will probably be very unpopular: I think Music From The Elder is one of their best albums--if not THE best.

I like the album alot as well. The band hates it as it nearly killed their careers, but it has some great songs, the production is top notch, and Gene's A World Without Heroes is worth the price alone.

I also enjoy Hot in the Shade, Unmasked, Asylum, some of the solo work, etc. Lots of great material during the late 70's/early 80's. If they made a Dynasty LE with the cover art on the backglass and the inside cover art on the cab, I'd sell whatever I would need to in order to get it.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Really, can we cut the kings in Satans service shit. I was told over and over and over by a cousin that I was going to hell because I listened to Kiss and that is what the name meant. Funny, that very same cousin became a carpet muncher. I wonder who will go to hell faster.

Wow, you're kind of a bigot, aren't you?

#155 4 years ago

All this talk of Marilyn Manson and suckin' dick make me thinking Marilyn Manson could be a half-decent theme for a rock pin...

...and also thinking Gene Simmons could suck a golfball through a garden hose with that tongue.

#156 4 years ago

Pinball is a great hobby! The more new titles they announce, the less urge I have to go out and buy one. Keep it up boys!

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Wow, you're kind of a bigot, aren't you?

Sometime humor doesn't come through on a post does it. lighten up Francis

#158 4 years ago

KISS is coming.A Playfield that has 3 levels is my guess.

#159 4 years ago

Making another KISS pin makes about as much sense as doing another Stones pin...

#160 4 years ago

I can just imagine the negotiations. Ok Mr Simmons I think one grand per machine is a bit steep but what if I told you we could make all those Kiss coffins that aren't selling very well disappear.

http://www.everythingkiss.com/Accessories/Accessories/Kasket.html

If it is to be then they need some good flame lighting.
Rising ball platforms.
And it better big one hell of a good pin.

Wonder how the kiss football team is doing?

#161 4 years ago

If kiss is the next stern its going to be 2 stern titles i skip because im not that excited about the themes , my money is safe in the bank ....unless its a fast and furious ....

image.jpg
#162 4 years ago

Just make a run of LOTR VE !

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I had to wait for MET and STLE to get final code but if stern put an Iron Maiden out I would buy it... even if it only had enough code to put a ball in play)

I did not wait for MetallicA, 1 look at the art work and Toys and that was it ! and on top of that Lyman was on the code,Perfect

I would do the same with Maiden for sure if Stern does it right they could make a Great theme game with Maiden's Eddie .

#164 4 years ago

Kiss would probably sell well for stern , makes sense . I won't buy , but I would like to play it . Kiss does lend itself to cool artwork , The Bally from the 70s does look cool .

#165 4 years ago

Kiss sales will exceed ACDC!!! The Kiss Army will rule the pinball world!!!......lol. image.jpg

#166 4 years ago

Star Wars!!!!!

Stern would be crazy not to jump on that

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Kiss sales will exceed ACDC!!! The Kiss Army will rule the pinball world!!!......lol. image.jpg

Dream on. The KISS army is the same 14,000 people in each city that go to every concert on every tour. Sort of like Springsteen. He sells out six shows in Philly in the first 24 hours. Unfortunately it is the same 14,000 fifty something dudes who look like the comic book guy that go to all six.

If you want one, buy an LE because there won't be a premium. BTW I still think then next pin is FF followed by GOT.

#168 4 years ago

I don't give a rats ass about KISS but it'll work as a license a lot better than F&F.

The key thing to ask is Who Buys Pinball Machines? Is it teenagers or people in China? Or 50-something men with nostalgia of what 8 track was playing when they got laid in their Camaro?

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Dream on. The KISS army is the same 14,000 people in each city that go to every concert on every tour. Sort of like Springsteen. He sells out six shows in Philly in the first 24 hours. Unfortunately it is the same 14,000 fifty something dudes who look like the comic book guy that go to all six.
If you want one, buy an LE because there won't be a premium. BTW I still think then next pin is FF followed by GOT.

So how many copies of each record do these people own since every record they sell is platinum. Their record sales show that they were one of the hottest bands in the world regardless of their talent or whether you like them or not.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Are you in a bad mood ALL the time?

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Making another KISS pin makes about as much sense as doing another Stones pin...

1st Stones pin, not popular, 2nd Stones pin, sucks!!

1st KISS pin, 17000 plus units, made every operator all sorts of cash(muliplte amounts over the cost of the machine) for the 1st 12 months.
2nd KISS pin, collectors will line Stern's pockets.

Sorry to all the naysayers, but this thing will sell!!!

#172 4 years ago

Obviously each of the 14,000 existing fans buys 50 copies of each new album to make sure KISS continues to go platinum.

It's a friggin' scam, I tell you!

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Are you in a bad mood ALL the time?

Actually in a good mood just got 155,000 on Target Alpha. Just like busting on people who like KISS (and Springsteen). Its all in fun.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

1st Stones pin, not popular, 2nd Stones pin, sucks!!
1st KISS pin, 17000 plus units, made every operator all sorts of cash(muliplte amounts over the cost of the machine) for the 1st 12 months.
2nd KISS pin, collectors will line Stern's pockets.
Sorry to all the naysayers, but this thing will sell!!!

The first Kiss pin may have sold but it did suck. I wanted one when I got into pinball but I couldn't play one game on it. It is good looking though.

#175 4 years ago

That first KISS game made me so much $$$$ it was insane.

Some locations, I deployed a bunch of them side by side and everybody lined up to feed them.

If most games had a 3 month payback, KISS was like a 3 week payback.

#176 4 years ago

first kiss pin was popular/sold a lot because at the time kiss was popular... not these days.

i'll pass that's for sure.

#177 4 years ago

When was KISS ever popular?

#178 4 years ago

and the movie they did sucked... big time.

#179 4 years ago

I don't care much for kiss. But if they made a Detroit rock city Premium (That song RULES!) I might have to get one, if the gameplay and look are awesome.....and I can change some of the other songs.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I don't rcare much for kiss. But if they made a Detroit rock city PE (That song RULES!) I might have to get one if the gameplay and look are awesome.....and I can change some of the other songs.

You can take the bet that if a KISS game is made, DRC the song will be included. It is probably their most famous after Rock and Roll all night. If we had to go with only 10 songs, my guess would be:

DRC
Rock and Roll all Night
Love Gun
Deuce
Calling Dr. Love
I was Made for Loving You
Lick it Up
Shout it Out Loud
Do You Love Me?
Black Diamond

These are the "core" that has been in their set for the last 20 years.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

WWE flopped in part because we are sick of buying games with incomplete code. I would have bought WWE for sure, but I have TWDLE and had ST when it was announced.
I'm not going to have three games waiting on code regardless of the theme.

Me either Tiger.

Three reasons I bought TWDLE.

1) Theme, one of my all time favorites
2) Lyman Sheets
3) No premium for this pin

Well, now Stern won't let Lyman finish the game code. He's frustrated it was "abandoned in less than a year while Star Trek has been 3 and 1/2 yrs in coding hell"

Sorry, believe what you want, but Stern misled me on the "no premium" pitch to suck out all the LE dollars first.

NO WAY, like Tiger, will i ever buy another Stern pin at release while I have another one in the house with incomplete code.

So, F U Stern.

Let's see what Ben and Charlie come up with next. And Jack. That's where my dollars will go.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When was KISS ever popular?

When ROCK music was popular wouldn't you say? Rock is dead. There are no new rock bands like the old stuff. All the bands are geriatric now.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me either Tiger.
Three reasons I bought TWDLE.
1) Theme, one of my all time favorites
2) Lyman Sheets
3) No premium for this pin
Well, now Stern won't let Lyman finish the game code. He's frustrated it was "abandoned in less than a year while Star Trek has been 3 and 1/2 yrs in coding hell"
Sorry, believe what you want, but Stern misled me on the "no premium" pitch to suck out all the LE dollars first.
NO WAY, like Tiger, will i ever buy another Stern pin at release while I have another one in the house with incomplete code.
So, F U Stern.
Let's see what Ben and Charlie come up with next. And Jack. That's where my dollars will go.

Come on Ice, Gary cares about his customers. He'll take care of you.

#185 4 years ago

The Game 'KISS PINBALL "was a blast to play !
Ill like the old rock songs , but kiss not that much even they have some good songs.
The facepaintings and image of the band is timeless !
Even my 7 year old daughter likes KISS.
Would not buy NIB but maybe for our locations.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Star Wars!!!!!
Stern would be crazy not to jump on that

I wonder. It seems like a no brainier title, based on the fandom....however, how come there is such low demand for the 3 existing SW games? They're all $2k-ish. Sure to us pinheads it's because they're crap games, but a SW fan wouldn't care about that - they love crap if it says Star Wars on it! SW fans spend tons on merch, yet the demand for the 3 existing pins hasn't increased. I wonder why ....and I wonder if they'd care about a 4th.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Rock is dead.

All pop music has it's run.

Big Band. Swing. Bebop. 50's Rock n Roll. Acid Rock. Hard Rock. Punk Rock. Hair Metal. Gangsta Rap. NuMetal

Sure there are revival bands that pop up from time to time (Fish, Black Crowes, The Darkness, Sha Na Na, Royal Crown Review), but after a while, it's simply used up.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All pop music has it's run.
Big Band. Swing. Bebop. 50's Rock n Roll. Acid Rock. Hard Rock. Punk Rock. Hair Metal. Gangsta Rap. NuMetal
Sure there are revival bands that pop up from time to time (Fish, Black Crowes, The Darkness, Sha Na Na, Royal Crown Review), but after a while, it's simply used up.
ยป YouTube video

Country is still around. It is more RR now than any thing else. I will really be glad when rap in any form is gone. I just wish I could go see a band that didn't need a walker to come out on stage. I saw Avenged Sevenfold with my son and I enjoyed it but even he will tell you most of the new RR sucks.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Country is still around.

What about Western?

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What about Western?

LOL, I don't think its much Country Western anymore. Its almost Southern Rock. My wife and daughter listen to it. I like old bluegrass more. How about some Lester Flat and Earl Scruggs? Now that would make a great pinball machine.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't give a rats ass about KISS but it'll work as a license a lot better than F&F.
The key thing to ask is Who Buys Pinball Machines? Is it teenagers or people in China? Or 50-something men with nostalgia of what 8 track was playing when they got laid in their Camaro?

People pay big bucks for nostalgia......

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder. It seems like a no brainier title, based on the fandom....however, how come there is such low demand for the 3 existing SW games? They're all $2k-ish. Sure to us pinheads it's because they're crap games, but a SW fan wouldn't care about that - they love crap if it says Star Wars on it! SW fans spend tons on merch, yet the demand for the 3 existing pins hasn't increased. I wonder why ....and I wonder if they'd care about a 4th.

I think that's that just it....the SW collectors are only looking for the merchandise to complete collections...toys, comics, etc....I don't think the SW Pinball Machine is something that really lines up well with their current collection. Unopened Bobba Fett new in the box from 1982.... would prolly be more exciting to the collectors

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

When I need to feel some nostalgia for 1975, I just go play my Williams Grand Prix.

I wonder if people are already working on mods for this machine.
th-3.jpeg

#195 4 years ago

I like both kinds of music. Country AND western.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Country is still around. It is more RR now than any thing else. I will really be glad when rap in any form is gone. I just wish I could go see a band that didn't need a walker to come out on stage. I saw Avenged Sevenfold with my son and I enjoyed it but even he will tell you most of the new RR sucks.

Just because poeople are not spoon fed great rock and roll does not make it dead

#197 4 years ago

I know of 2 people that own a bally Kiss, and I know of one on location (it wouldn't be routed if it didn't make money). Stern is going to make a lot of money on a KISS pinball, hands down. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with seeing how the band is very over the top. The music is just ok, but I've always thought they put good effort into shows. Seeing how well they did with AC/DC and metallica with jukebox mode, it can't suck (Gene simmons wouldn't allow it)

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Just because oeople are not spoon fed great rock and roll does not make it dead

Im more than willing to listen to any new rock bands that you recommend.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Im more than willing to listen to any new rock bands that you recommend.

Scorpion Child

#200 4 years ago

I like. Kind of late 60s sounding. Makes you want to burn one and sink into the chair. More please.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside