_kiss_rock_and_roll_over.jpg
th-3.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
punk_bg.jpg
townshend.jpg
image-549.jpg
image-258.jpg
There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Agreed Muppets is a terrible idea,

I don't get the anti-Muppets crowd. Who doesn't love The Muppets!? They've been around for every generation since the 70's, everyone on the planet knows Kermit. They're funny for kids and adults. Hits that perfect broad demographic for pinball, IMO....and - it's COMEDY! Aren't people always screaming for comedy pins?

Also this is the best song ever.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't get the anti-Muppets crowd.

I love the Muppets as a Movie or TV show. I think it could be great pinball if they gave free reign but it wouldn't be made as an Edgy Pinball it would be made as an average / vanilla due to content and due to it being thought of as a kids game. I'd rather have KISS at least it could be made as a live concert, like you are playing through a concert and have to get to the grand finally setting off fireworks and a light show. I don't think KISS will work like they did Metallica or Ac/Dc.

#53 9 years ago

My issue with Jaws (as a pinball - it's obviously a great movie) is that 2/3rds of the main actors are dead (licensing hell!) and there's only 1 monster. Plus music, Spielberg, Peter Benchley it could add up fast.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't get the anti-Muppets crowd. Who doesn't love The Muppets!? They've been around for every generation since the 70's, everyone on the planet knows Kermit. They're funny for kids and adults. Hits that perfect broad demographic for pinball, IMO....and - it's COMEDY! Aren't people always screaming for comedy pins?
Also this is the best song ever.
» YouTube video

Muppets. I have no problem with them. We grew up with them. My kids, for whatever reason, do not care for the Muppets. I don't understand it, either. I just don't think they are right for pinball.

Please, no more rock band pinballs, no more comic book pins, and definitely not another Star Wars or Kiss pinball. Think back when titles were unique, and there was nothing like them: Barracora. Taxi. Mata Hari. Fish Tales. Unique themes. Actual art and not movie stills. A good table layout and a killer art package around a great theme. Hell ya.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Here is the quote from Pinball Magazine:
. . . Designer John Popadiuk confirmed he was unable to secure the KISS-license after displaying his KISS-prototype at the Midwest Gaming Classics show. He had been informed the license had been secured by Stern since then.

HOLY SHIT!!!

Quoted from Jasontaps:

Please note that Stern have not confirmed they secured this license and we apologize if a previous listing may have given the impression they did.

Oh.

And since this is just destined to be a KISS theme discussion thread, I'll throw in my 2 cents...

Not the slam dunk some seem to think it is. MOST Kiss kollectors love to buy kiss garbage, but it's all cheap crap. There's a big difference between some $20 KISS dolls or a pack of Kiss Kondoms and a $6000 pinball machine - if there weren't, most Kisstards would already OWN a Kiss pinball machine, and it wouldn't just be the holy grail of Kiss Kollectables that most of them yearn to one day stash amidst their Kiss Komic book and Kiss bobbleheads.

Second point is that most Kiss Harkores LOATHE the current inkarnation of KISS with the skabs, and aren't gonna want to drop $6,000 on a Kiss pinball machine featuring the likes of Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer. And there's no way Gene and Paul would approve a 2015 Kiss pinball machine featuring Peter Criss and Ace Frehely, whose guts they hate in no uncertain terms.

Third point is that Kiss sucks. And I'm saying that as someone who actually kinda likes KISS (at least what they were and did in the 70s).

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You might want to look close before you buy.
The new Ghostbusters cast:

This would be pretty awesome, IMHO.

#57 9 years ago

I'm more nostalgic than anything when it comes to KISS. I have a good portion of their music catalog and listen to it very rarely. I have the memories of listening to their albums in 1978 as a 9 year old and then being more and more disappointed with them and the music through the 80's and 90's.

All that being said, if the pin is done by Borg, is fun, and has a good artwork package, I think I'll have a hard time resisting it.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Unique themes. Actual art and not movie stills

I know this a Stern thread, but frankly this is what people were exicted about with JPOP (and then worried), and Lawlor's game (which has a real shot at seeing a production line)

#59 9 years ago

Kiss's recording quality is garbage.

That is what makes them cool.

Each instrument has it's own little space in the mix that sounds great when cranked up and turgid.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

HOLY SHIT!!!

Oh.
And since this is just destined to be a KISS theme discussion thread, I'll throw in my 2 cents...
Not the slam dunk some seem to think it is. MOST Kiss kollectors love to buy kiss garbage, but it's all cheap crap. There's a big difference between some $20 KISS dolls or a pack of Kiss Kondoms then a $6000 pinball machine - if there weren't, most Kisstards would already OWN a Kiss pinball machine, and it wouldn't just be the holy grail of Kiss Kollectables that most of them yearn to one day stash amidst their Kiss Komic book and Kiss bobbleheads.
Second point is that most Kiss Harkores LOATHE the current inkarnation of KISS with the skabs, and aren't gonna want to drop $6,000 on a Kiss pinball machine featuring the likes of Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer. And there's no way Gene and Paul would approve a 2015 Kiss pinball machine featuring Peter Criss and Ace Frehely, whose guts they hate in no uncertain terms.
Third point is that Kiss sucks. And I'm saying that as someone who actually kinda likes KISS (at least what they were and did in the 70s).

Tell us how you really feel about Kiss, don't hold back. LOL.
I didn't thumbs down your post. I just chuckled. I'm not into Kiss myself, but I will play it if they make it.

#61 9 years ago

but they remind me of Marilyn Manson with less talent.

Marlyn Manson was more of a Bowie wantabe. If you were around when Bowie was the shit, you would know that.

Manson's whole "I'm as comfortable sucking a dick as I am licking a pussy...." is definitely not a KISS vibe.

#62 9 years ago

30 somethings like myself now have disposable income and we don't want KISS.

No one on Pinside cares if you like a band or not, LOL.

#63 9 years ago

A Kiss pin will suck. I guarantee that it pill be a photoshopped collage of the latest PR photos that will look like crap. They may as well rehash TRS which is one of Sterns biggest turds.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

A Kiss pin will suck. I guarantee that it pill be a photoshopped collage of the latest PR photos that will look like crap. They may as well rehash TRS which is one of Sterns biggest turds.

That's what everyone said about AC/DC, yet it turned out to be one of the greatest pins of all time - photoshop collages and all......

#65 9 years ago

Stern would save a lot of money and make more money if they would forget about licenses and just hire John Popadiuk.

#66 9 years ago

But Steve Ritchie is not doing Kiss or so I hear.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If Stern could pull a "WWE Wrestlemania" and have a Pro with Thayer/Singer and an LE with Frehley/Criss, I'd laugh myself to sleep. How do you sell more LE's? For WWE WM, by making the Pro miserable.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Stern would save a lot of money and make more money if they would forget about licenses and just hire John Popadiuk.

Hard to make money when your designer needs 4 years to not finish a game.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Wrong.

1. Strong licenses sell games. Cannot be debated.

2. John Popadiuk is the last person any pinball company wants to hire. He's a liability. There's a reason he's created his own currently imploding fantasy lab...he does not work well with others.

#70 9 years ago

Hem? I heard it was" Furious"....

#71 9 years ago

If Gene and Paul are in control of the licensing rights it may be a long negotiation

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not the slam dunk some seem to think it is. MOST Kiss kollectors love to buy kiss garbage, but it's all cheap crap. There's a big difference between some $20 KISS dolls or a pack of Kiss Kondoms and a $6000 pinball machine

So all the different KISS Kaskets @ $5000 or the $4500 Kisstory book are cheap?

kasket_2011.jpgkasket_2011.jpg 2535679-kiss-monster-event-617-409.jpg2535679-kiss-monster-event-617-409.jpg
#73 9 years ago

Levi, wouldn't you think they would just use the images and their stage names i.e. The Demon, Starchild, Space man and The Mangy Cat. If it happens to be hand drawn art instead of photoshop crap the so much the better. Kiss is pretty much a caricature of what they once were anyway.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No one on Pinside cares if you like a band or not, LOL.

Ahhh you make me feel so special I would make a bet that other Musicians on PS would care, we like talking to each other. Maybe you don't care and I don't blame you I am just honored that Pinball Legend like you would even take time out to tell me that no one cares!! I would love for a VID's guide to why KISS rocks so that I could learn from the master as to why I should like KISS. Marilyn Manson didn't try to rip off David Bowie till 1998's Mechanical Animals. Portrait of an American Family and Anti-Christ Superstar have nothing to do with sucking dick or David Bowie.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

o all the different KISS Kaskets @ $5000 or the $4500 Kisstory book are cheap?

How many of these have they sold beyond the one they donated to Dimebag? I would bet less than 100.

#76 9 years ago

No it doesnt.

#77 9 years ago

Ahhh you make me feel so special I would make a bet that other Musicians on PS would care, we like talking to each other. Maybe you don't care and I don't blame you I am just honored that Pinball Legend like you would even take time out to tell me that no one cares!! I would love for a VID's guide to why KISS rocks so that I could learn from the master as to why I should like KISS. Marilyn Manson didn't try to rip off David Bowie till 1998's Mechanical Animals. Portrait of an American Family and Anti-Christ Superstar have nothing to do with sucking dick or David Bowie.

Now children, lets not be ugly to one another. LOL

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Manson's whole "I'm as comfortable sucking a dick as I am licking a pussy...." is definitely not a KISS vibe.

I am not being ugly I just quoted Vid's statement. And I am serious I am honored. I do feel special Vid's the funniest guy on PS and a legend. To be the butt of his jokes is a compliment!

#79 9 years ago

How many of these have they sold beyond the one they donated to Dimebag? I would bet less than 100.

Sold enough of them that they made two new versions in 2011 that they're now selling (crazy)!

#80 9 years ago

I would love for a VID's guide to why KISS rocks so that I could learn from the master as to why I should like KISS.

You still don't get it.

Slow down, think..... don't just start typing your "witty" reply.

------

Not everyone likes the same bands.

And that's a totally good thing.

If we all had to like the most popular band then the only music pin we would have would be ABBA or something.

Most people don't like KISS.

You are just like most people, nothing wrong with that.

In a KISS thread, no one wants to hear your crying like Sad Sally about how KISS sucks.

If you like a band that you think would be good as a pin, start a thread about that band.

Try to do something positive.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

In a KISS thread, no one wants to hear your crying like Sad Sally about how KISS sucks.

Your correct negativity has no place on PS. I am working on that. I guess to sum up my point is Stern is making Pinball machines to make money. If what you say and what I believe is true "Most People don't like Kiss" Then why would Stern make a Pinball that is already hampered by lack of support. Stern's model for their last 3 Music pinball's is too pick universally loved bands in Rolling Stones, Ac/Dc and Metallica. I get that not everybody likes the same music which is great, 90% of the music I listen too would not be liked by 90% of Pinsiders. And I am serious about the guide to KISS. I hear people say how great they are and I have a few of their albums but I just can't get into it, maybe a VID's top 10 Kiss Songs or top 3 Albums would help me understand

#82 9 years ago

Kiss sucks now, they were awesome in the past. I would dare to say Metallica is not what they used to be either. Neither is a lot of bands. If the pin were good I think it would sell like hotcakes because of what people remember the band to be. I do think Kiss is pretty bad now though because of Pauls voice and the same show over and over and over again.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Kiss sucks now, they were awesome in the past. I would dare to say Metallica is not what they used to be either.

Exactly. I love my Metallica pin! I also basically have zero interest in any album of theirs that isn't Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets. Though Blackened is probably my favorite And Justice song, so I was good with that being added.

The rest? They don't bug me or anything, I just don't choose them as my main song while I'm playing. Works for me. Game isn't going anywhere.

I don't really care about KISS, but there are non-Metallica fans who bought the pin because the gameplay is awesome. Seems pointless to judge a game that we haven't seen, and that may not even exist. At least wait to bag on it until after it's been presented.

#84 9 years ago

The artwork on Metallica is enough to justify buying it if you have the money.

#85 9 years ago

I say bring on kiss. It might be my second nib pin, acdc was my first and it's now long gone.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-258.jpgimage-258.jpg image-549.jpgimage-549.jpg
#86 9 years ago

You also have to look at this from a marketing standpoint, Stern is out to sell machines. They do not care if they go to pinball players, or sit and never be played. Kiss has one of the largest social networks around (the Kiss Army). So if I am looking to expand my pinball sales, I want a title that has a large well established following and the disposable income to spend on merchandise. The Rolling Stones, Ac/Dc and Metallica fans all did. Star wars is another license that will drive the sales of pinball machines into Non-pinball players hands as collectibles. So if you like Kiss or not, making the pin could be good for Sterns bottom line and that is what it is all about, a profitable bottom line.

Just my 2 cents

#87 9 years ago

Well, with TRS if you did like pinball it would still remain unplayed.......because it SUUUUUUUCKS

#88 9 years ago

In response to the folks that are thinking Fast n Furious will be next, if they rethemed Mustang's layout into FnF (like Family Guy in to Shrek), I'd buy it in a heartbeat to put on location

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

If you want Stern to hemorrhage money, then sure. Get ready to start paying $7k for a pro machine to offset the costs. Besides, I think john is busy enough trying to finish the 3 pinball machines he's taken money for and is already working 7 days a week, do you have a cloning machine I'm not aware exists?

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

In response to the folks that are thinking Fast n Furious will be next, if they rethemed Mustang's layout into FnF (like Family Guy in to Shrek), I'd buy it in a heartbeat to put on location

They won't - two different designers....

#91 9 years ago

Never have been a fan of Kids In Satan's Service. Going to have to pass on that one. But I'd still play any new pin on route for sure, no matter the theme.

#92 9 years ago

I love the fact that

Quoted from vid1900:That is what makes them cool.
Each instrument has it's own little space in the mix that sounds great when cranked up and turgid.

My 2nd favorite album of theirs is Hotter Than Hell, and it sounds like it was recoreded in a submarine - but I wouldn't trade anything for it. When the remasters came out, I thought something was deffinatley lost. And they do have very good sounding albums including Destroyer, The Elder, and Revenge which were all produced by Bob Ezrin.

The only thing I would be concerened about was that they include some original artwork (album covers) and that they are more than 8 songs. In fact - I would hope they include the hits, but also include lesser gems like Creatures of the Night, Parasite, Got to Choose, Say Yeah, etc.

#93 9 years ago

For my own entertainment, the best KISS songs of all time:

Black Diamond

Rocking song sung by Peter Criss (how many bands can boast that every member sings lead?).

Righteously covered by The Replacements, too.

#94 9 years ago

Calling Dr Love:

Strip bar classic to this day.

The old mixture of medicine and sex, long before the Black Crows or Bon Jovi

#95 9 years ago

Strutter:

Tasty bass line drives the song forward.

#96 9 years ago

I saw KISS once "just because". Their songs are as cheesy as they come, but they perform the hell out of them. You don't leave a KISS show thinking they mailed it in or something. You get your money's worth.

I wouldn't see them again but just because once is enough. I missed the cutoff of growing up with KISS songs.

As a pin? You could do some cool things with the theme, so I could see it working for sure.

#97 9 years ago

Shock Me:

Ace on the vocals.

Black leather and electricity, the ultimate S&M adventure.

#98 9 years ago

God of Thunder:

This song made sure your parents knew that KISS were indeed Knights In Satan's Service.

(actual song starts 4 minutes in).

#99 9 years ago

Goin' Blind:

A song about a 93 year old man and a 16 year old girl.

Was actually called "Little Lady" in Gene and Pauls previous band Wicked Lester.

Good covers by the Melvins and Dinosaur Jr.

#100 9 years ago

Really, can we cut the kings in Satans service shit. I was told over and over and over by a cousin that I was going to hell because I listened to Kiss and that is what the name meant. Funny, that very same cousin became a carpet muncher. I wonder who will go to hell faster.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-is-the-next-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.