_kiss_rock_and_roll_over.jpg
th-3.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
punk_bg.jpg
townshend.jpg
image-549.jpg
image-258.jpg
There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 9 years ago

Heard they're going to announce this in 3 weeks. Anyone else hear this?

#2 9 years ago

Yes, in every "Next Game" thread since 2009!

#3 9 years ago

Seem's like we'll know soon enough!

#4 9 years ago

It makes sense. It will sell to any Kiss Pinhead and will attract anyone who played a Kiss pinball back in 78'. I just looked it up and it had 17,000 units sold. Kiss Army!

#5 9 years ago

KISS

that was my first game

wonder if it will cost about the same as the Bally version

#6 9 years ago

Not a game I would have much interest in. It could be fun to have a Peter Criss bash toy though. Beth mode starts and Beth start playing. That should be enough to make anyone bash his head 4 times with a metal ball as quickly as possible.

#7 9 years ago

It probably IS the next Stern. But this time, Kiss is just the warm-up band. Game of Thrones is the main act...and that's probably up after Kiss.

#8 9 years ago

I have heard kiss for awhile. This was more of a confident tip that it's in 3 weeks. I have no desire for kiss as I think they aren't that great, but I do hope the machine is cool and fun to play. Just wondering if anyone has any more firm information?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I have heard kiss for awhile. This was more of a confident tip that it's in 3 weeks. I have no desire for kiss as I think they aren't that great, but I do hope the machine is cool and fun to play. Just wondering if anyone has any more firm information?

What I have heard is that the licensing fell through, but that Stern is working hard to sort out the issues with the license holders. I wouldn't be surprised if we SEE a Kiss pin, but I don't think it's next (I think that goes to a VE or GoT).

#10 9 years ago

Kiss? I suppose there are a lot of old people that liked that crap. Some songs are alright, love gun multiball has a ring to it. Lol.

#11 9 years ago

I was in Ecuador a few weeks back and saw fliers for a Kiss concert (40th anniversary or something). It shows how popular they must be to have a fan base in a third world country that doesn't speak English for the most part.

I have no interest in a Kiss pin but I think they have broad appeal still.

#12 9 years ago

I can't remember the last time I heard a kiss song.

#13 9 years ago

Total pass. And imho another whiff for stern , that's like 3 in a row counting WNBJM. Will they make 4 titles in a row that are this lame ? Wrestling, EM, old ass KISS, what's next? Muppets? Lmao.

#14 9 years ago

Kiss is always next. Search "kiss next" and you will see 5 threads going back several years. Same old thing - a few fans versus majority who don't care.

#15 9 years ago

The Kiss army 2015.rtx127dm.jpgrtx127dm.jpg

#16 9 years ago

Muppets would be an excellent choice imo. Lots of nostalgia for those of us in our 30's and 40's and I heard Disney (ABC) may be bringing back "The Muppet Show" soon!

http://www.vulture.com/2015/04/abc-wants-to-bring-back-the-muppet-show.html

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Total pass. And imho another whiff for stern , that's like 3 in a row counting WNBJM. Will they make 4 titles in a row that are this lame ? Wrestling, EM, old ass KISS, what's next? Muppets? Lmao.

I agree whole heartedly but theme is secondary for for me to game play. I can't really think of a theme that would be a must buy for me. Actually a sweet theme would be pinball. A pinball themed pinball machine instead of a stupid band that is no longer relevant or a lame tv show.

What theme do you think would be awesome?

I think star wars would be awesome. Big Lebowski is awesome to me cause I love the film. Maybe an 80's throwback like rambo?

#18 9 years ago

Fast and the furious.

#19 9 years ago

Sorry but this is not tru the next game is not KISS; next title should be announced soon, but Kiss is not next; a little further down the line

#20 9 years ago

Ghostbusters is up next.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Muppets would be an excellent choice imo. Lots of nostalgia for those of us in our 30's and 40's and I heard Disney (ABC) may be bringing back "The Muppet Show" soon!
http://www.vulture.com/2015/04/abc-wants-to-bring-back-the-muppet-show.html

Yeah Muppets would be so universal around the globe

that is why Brian signed Muppets over to Disney in the 1st place

Jim wanted the exposure for World Wide exposure but some family issues soured the deal before Jims death

I would be in for a Foz Bear LE

#22 9 years ago

I think Stern could pull another "Tron" out of their hat by releasing a Blade Runner pin to go along with the new movie. Sounds like it's going to star Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling and have Ridley Scott as Executive Producer.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Sorry but this is not tru the next game is not KISS; next title should be announced soon, but Kiss is not next; a little further down the line

Then what is the next title?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What I have heard is that the licensing fell through, but that Stern is working hard to sort out the issues with the license holders.

This is always an issue because of the "Original" members and the guys who have been the "new" Kiss.
I'm sure Gene will work something out....

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Some other threads suggest Fast and Furious.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

...Wrestling, EM, old ass KISS, what's next? Muppets? Lmao.

If Stern did Wrestlemania, KISS, and then the Muppets, they'd hit the holy trinity of my youth. That would infuriate the masses, but put the biggest grin on my face. Hell, a Muppet I made out of Lego's is my avatar! I'd be concerned that someone at Stern was spying on me because no one else can like those things, right?

KISS is so polarizing because to many they're a commercializing group first and a band second. Any time someone mentions they hate KISS, I ask if they like AC/DC. Musically they are as close as Nickelback is to my toilet flushing. Both KISS and AC/DC put out very basic "4-on-the-floor" standard toe-tapping rock songs. Both have very distinct frontmen, and both have lead guitars that are great. But if you take just 1 month of drum lessons, you can play half of KISS' catalog and 98% of AC/DC's.

KISS may already have had a pin from ~35 years ago, but IMO their image/theme/brand is so much more pin-friendly than AC/DC. If they had a pin which had an awesome light show that captured live KISS concerts, they'd have something anyone could enjoy (though many wouldn't admit).

If there was a Firehouse mode with red sirens all around the PF, or a God of Thunder mode with most lights off and occasional lightning, or even a Love Gun sequence where the machine reacts to that 5 second snare riff throughout the song, it would be a damn cool machine.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who overheard a distributor taking pre-orders for it on his cell phone at 31 Flavors last night.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

wonder if it will cost about the same as the Bally version

Actually it will be a little cheaper.

$1800 in 1978 is worth $6,480 in 2015 dollars.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I can't remember the last time I heard a kiss song.

You should take your wife to the strip bar more often:

#30 9 years ago

JAWS!!!!

#31 9 years ago

Could be worse... Teletubbies might be next..

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I would rather see this than another remake.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Ghostbusters is up next.

I would actually purchase this sight unseen (and I don't do that).... My two older boys are Ghostbusters crazy.... It will never happen though.

#34 9 years ago

Ghostbusters is up next.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I would actually purchase this sight unseen

You might want to look close before you buy.

The new Ghostbusters cast:

New Ghostbusters cast.jpgNew Ghostbusters cast.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dan-aykroyd-new-ghostbusters-cast-767943

#35 9 years ago

I mean I like KISS. They're okay - not a band I would obsess over, although I know they do have their following and everyone is entitled to an opinion. I Just don't know if their music lends itself to a great pinball game like ACDC does. At this particular moment, I wouldn't be thrilled with the announcement of a KISS pin. I mean how is Stern going to progress the game with a title like KISS? That doesn't exactly lend itself to the addition of an LCD or any other obviously needed advances in the technology of pinball. I just don't know. Maybe I'll like it after I see a layout.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You might want to look close before you buy.
The new Ghostbusters cast:

New Ghostbusters cast.jpg

I would be on board with the original 2 movies.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I mean how is Stern going to progress the game with a title like KISS?

Tongue ramp.

genesimmons-276.jpggenesimmons-276.jpg
#38 9 years ago

I would be on board with the original 2 movies.

I'd be on board for all three.... Only because if Slimer and StayPuft are on there, there is no way I COULDNT buy it. I had no idea a 7 and 4 year old could like Gohstbusters so much. I took them to the theaters for the 30th anniversary showings, and it was like a flashback to when I saw it in the theaters with my parents.

#39 9 years ago

Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to a sell off to fund it. I need an Iron Man that is local. All of the good deals have been too far away and shipping kills it.

#40 9 years ago

Kiss is so polarizing. If you were born after 1977 you mist likely dont give a crap about em. I am a musician and born in 1979 and can't stand them. Stern might as well make a Bee Gee's pin they had a lot of fans too or better yet a Motor City Madman Ted Nugent Hunting/rock concert pin. Yikes! Why not make an Iron Maiden pin they are only the biggest band in the world since 1983-present??? And they are really talented and have great Art the pin would write itself. Two thumbs waaaaaay down on Kiss.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Borg and Ritchie are not Kiss fans; so that would be JT's game and all things lead to The Fast and The Furious

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Major players in the pinball industry are saying otherwise, it's next.

WWE was a major flop

#43 9 years ago

That's what is so great about KISS.

Most people hate them.

That leaves only the drifters and homosexuals.

Rock on bitches!

#44 9 years ago

It will be KISS.

And it will sell because old people like KISS, like pinball and have money.

Muppets, 3 Stooges, Jaws crowd... let it go. I'm sorry nobody in their right mind is going to do those titles (and that's coming from a guy who wants to make an Old Testament game

#45 9 years ago

Greatest Strutter cover evah:

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It will be KISS.
And it will sell because old people like KISS, like pinball and have money.
Muppets, 3 Stooges, Jaws crowd... let it go. I'm sorry nobody in their right mind is going to do those titles (and that's coming from a guy who wants to make an Old Testament game

LE's will sell out in minutes.....can almost guarantee a Premium model

#47 9 years ago
tongue_ramp.jpgtongue_ramp.jpg
#48 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Muppets, 3 Stooges, Jaws crowd

Agreed Muppets is a terrible idea, 3 Stooges is another old mans game and terrible idea, Jaws on the other hand could be great but seems out of place as there is nothing going along with it to drum up support other than its a great movie. Vid1900 People hate kiss because they aren't good. I would compare Kiss to a painted up modern Boy Band. Kiss's recording quality is garbage, the song structures are garbage and if it wasn't for their live shows they would be complete garbage. Problem is we are stuck listening to their crappy songs on the radio and in pop culture for who knows what reason. I understand why they were popular in the 70's because they were shock rock and counter-culture, but they remind me of Marilyn Manson or GWAR with less talent. Total right place at right time. 30 somethings like myself now have disposable income and we don't want KISS.

#49 9 years ago

Saves me $9000 no interest in this title...

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What I have heard is that the licensing fell through, but that Stern is working hard to sort out the issues with the license holders. I wouldn't be surprised if we SEE a Kiss pin, but I don't think it's next (I think that goes to a VE or GoT).

Here is the quote from Pinball Magazine:

. . . Designer John Popadiuk confirmed he was unable to secure the KISS-license after displaying his KISS-prototype at the Midwest Gaming Classics show. He had been informed the license had been secured by Stern since then. Please note that Stern have not confirmed they secured this license and we apologize if a previous listing may have given the impression they did. If true, it would most likely be a title for 2015. On the Pinside Forum former pinball designer Mark Ritchie has been briefly rumored as the designer of this game, but when asked about it at Pinball Expo 2014 Mark denied being involved. If any of these rumors are true the most logical designer to be working on it would be John Trudeau.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-is-the-next-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.