(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#180 9 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Might not be relivant but here are the FACTS:
    Counting the 1978 solo albums, Kiss has been awarded 28 gold albums to date, the most of any American rock band.[2] The band has sold more than 40 million albums in the United States, of which 24 million have been certified by the RIAA[3] and their worldwide sales exceeds 100 million records, making them one of the world’s best-selling bands of all time.

Shhhhh....don't get them angry with a bunch of facts.

#185 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blairally:

Maybe stern could just do Insane Clown Posse instead. It would be like almost the same thing...

ICP does have the look and the branding , but in their 20 years they have only sold 9 million albums.

Most people over 20 years of age can name 5 KISS songs, but most people on Pinside can't name 5 ICP songs

ICP Stern.jpgICP Stern.jpg

#189 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blairally:

I was soooo joking.

Clearly, but ICP would make a good theme (for about 100 fans).

2 weeks later
    #228 9 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

I know Gene and Paul are still the heart and soul but if this pin doesn't have Ace and Peter what's the point?

If it does not have Ace and Peter, I'm not buying - simple as that.

#231 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

At least Tommy Thayer isnt a bitter, alcoholic, drunk.

Ace will always be an alcoholic, but he has been sober for 7 years.

#237 9 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

+1. His recent single release sounds more like classic Kiss than the recent Kiss releases also.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-ace-frehleys-kiss-like-new-gimme-a-feelin-premiere-20140529

#241 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

Ace has a little too much Vinnie Vincent in him, drink all day and come show time forget his own riffs. Hell half of the time, that "hack" Thayer had to give him a refresher on his own material.

That's what rock n roll used to be about.

Getting high then drinking the edge off, banging some chick just because she is 17 year old and skinny, pissing in a cup because your drummer is banging some other chick in the bus bathroom, finding a photo lab in town that will develop **those** kind of pictures, Cream magazine, getting in a fight with Iggy because he won't quit barging into your dressing room, taking a dump in the bushes at Graceland because there are too many old people in line, breaking everything and yelling "Put it on my tab!".

All these current "rock stars" that check into rehab their first year in the biz........pffffff.

#242 9 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

No, but you'd think they would try to get their games into new markets. Marvel movies make for games that a kid is way more likely to walk up to and play than a bunch of 60-year-old dudes in makeup.

AC/DC is the largest selling Stern ever. A bunch of 60 year old dudes.

Obviously Stern would like to repeat that with another megaband like KISS.

If Kiss fans will buy a $5,000 casket, why not a new pin to go next to their old Bally one?

#247 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kiss fans WON'T buy a $5,000 casket. I'm not sure there's a single documented sale.

My buddy Scott owns the older, less expensive one; I've seen it.

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Why the heck would you want to be buries in a kiss casket, that just stupid

Because out of 1000 funerals you attend in a lifetime, you will remember the one where the guy was in a Kiss Kasket, and the pallbearers were Gene,Paul,Ace,Peter,Eric and Vinnie.

Just like out of 500 weddings you've attended, you only remember the one where the bride and groom were Furries - the rest were a blur of boring vows, yellow cake and overcooked beef.

#257 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

don't know about the 70's, but he has butcher the lyrics to I Love it Loud since the late 90's. Every version I have heard he messes it up. I think he does it on purpose now.

Maybe he does not sing any of the lyrics that Vinnie Cusano wrote, so Kiss does not have to pay royalties.

#259 9 years ago

I always thought Paul and Vinnie wrote that one - learn something new everyday on Pinside....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.