(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

Relevant enough for huge world tours, tv shows, books, and one of the most frequently tributed band around the globe. Oh yeah, and relevant enough for a new Stern pinball.

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

They barely sold out The Arcada Theater in St. Charles, IL last year. I would hardly call this a major worldwide tour stop. Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc... would not perform here. I agree that they are not very relevant.

Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Cha... 259 KB

I hope you are not trying to claim that KISS played at the Arcada Theater last year?

#171 9 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

It was September 1, 2006. I thought it was more recent. I called my friend Ron who owns the theater. They sold tickets for as low as $25. 800 people showed up. I was way off on the timeframe, but not off on the fact that they have faded in last 20 years. Give me Zep, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rush, Aerosmith or a dozen others before Kiss. Just one man's opinion who grew up loving Kiss and the affair has taken its course.

100% untrue, unrealistic, and impossible. In 1996, the original 4 members reunited for the 96-97 Worldwide Reunion Tour. They sold out 40K+ seats at old Tiger Stadium in less than 45 minutes for opening night , June 28,1996. On September 1, 2006 Kiss played to a sold out house at the Spokane Coliseum in WA. 4 days later they did the Under The Brooklyn Bridge concert for a live performance on the MTV video awards.

Someone is full of it.

A Kiss TRIBUTE band, most likely Mr.Speed, played the Arcada Theater on that date. KISS has NEVER played the Arcada.

my kiss.JPGmy kiss.JPG
    3 weeks later
    #260 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I don't know about the 70's, but he has butcher the lyrics to I Love it Loud since the late 90's. Every version I have heard he messes it up. I think he does it on purpose now.

Don't forget Gene's multiple versions of War Machine, never gets the 2nd verse right.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.