(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uvulabob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Shhhhh....don't get them angry with a bunch of facts.

I can get where the OP is coming from. While KISS has indeed sold a ton of records, they're not exactly relevant in the sense that nobody under 50 knows much about them. I'm 36 and I couldn't tell you the name of a single album of theirs. I know a few songs, I guess. "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night", "Calling Dr. Love", "Detroit Rock City" and the bodacious tune at the end of Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

Now, I feel like I'm coming in late to the conversation here, but I haven't actually seen an announcement for any kind of KISS-themed pin. So it's time for UvulaBob's Rampant Speculation! I spent some time chatting with Steve Ritchie at the Tacoma pinball show, and he seems to love rock music as a general pinball theme. He spoke really highly of the theme AC/DC and Metallica pins. And the thing that both pins bring to the table is less about "The Music Of" and more about "The Image Of".

In that vein, I think a KISS pin is just fine for a theme. Everyone knows that KISS exists. Everyone knows that they had this crazy-ass makeup and played to huge arenas. Play it up as an over-the-top tribute to the idea of KISS, rather than trying to generate a new generation of KISS fans, and I think you've got a fine pin as long as it plays well.

I wouldn't buy one (even if I could afford it) but I think I can see where Stern is coming from if they are indeed planning on a KISS pin.

#188 9 years ago

Now, GWAR? That... would be a hell of a pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uvulabob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=uvulabob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.