(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Name 5 other bands that have been around for 40 years that can say that. Seriously. Try to do it.

IF you mean just the tour part from 2013

Stones, Boss, Roger Waters, Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac.

Yae that's 5 I did it! Seriously I did!

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

As a theme it makes sense IMO.

It's hard to logically argue against it if your a business like Stern.

#83 9 years ago

Weather they are relevant or not I don't think really matters. Not a big Kiss fan but at least they have the image that can be made into a pin well. Like Iron Maiden (which myself and nobody I know knows much aboot) it's got the style to work.

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They do?
    As far as I can tell, your average KISStard collects tons of cheap crap. Action figures, lunchboxes, RC vans, posters...

Which I ASSume is more action figures, lunch boxes, & RC vans than ACDC & Metallica fans?

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

And I argue that trying to draw in a younger crowd by putting out a Kiss pin is the nail the the coffin.

And arguing that Stern is looking for a younger crowd and not just selling to old white dudes basements shovels the dirt on the coffin to me.

#120 9 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

...and put out a new album in the last 18 months (not counting a Greatest Hits compilation or Live album).

From my list: Paul McCartney & The Boss & Kiss...unless you meant the last 12 months then Kiss is not on that list.
    But ok you seem like a real stickler for the very specific paramiters you have set up (that aren't correct either).

But anyway...using other people's suggestions...

1. McCartney 2. The Boss 3. Aerosmith 4.Elton John 5. Cher 6. Tom Petty
    EDIT: Dylan, Beach Boys & Rush came close with albums just out of reach of your very specific paramiters.

Damn dude...you really got us there.

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Okay, Kiss' last album was 2012. I can't be bothered to check specific months that albums were released, but since we're being anal...
    Elton John (Yes, I know what I did there.)
    Aerosmith
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sir Paul
    Bob.

You damn fool. Dylans album was released September 10, 2012...that's more than 18 months.

But hey look...Aerosmith's album was November 6, 2012...I think that just makes it under the guidlines. Phew...I'll update the big board.

EDIT: AND Elton John...oh the excitement...we're getting close! Can we seriously name 5?!?

#125 9 years ago

Newman, you magnificent bastard, you did it! Cher puts us over dreaded 4 mark, comparible to the 4 minute mile decades ago, proving, once and for all, and most seriously, that there are 5 other bands that can sell out tours, and have released an album with the last 18 months.

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Had a new album last year.

Think it will be disallowed as it only had 2 new songs on it.

#192 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The same 15,000 55 year olds in each city go to the same old concert year after year and look around thinking how popular the band still is and how cool they are to be there with their pot belly and 3/4 bald head with a pony tail.

Show some goddamn respect dude; it's called a "Skullet."

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from Anth:

Only 9 million? That's kind of a lot...

Yeah more than I would have thought...good for them local guys! I kind of like their TV show actually.

#210 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Icp is about as worthless as Korn. No need for this kind of crap.

Whoa whoa whoa...even if you hate ICP; that's a serious statement.

#213 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That's the only show I watch on Fuse! LOL

It's not bad...not fantastic but they're pretty funny. And "The Hammer" being there is the best nonsensical part of it all.

Fuse hasn't had anything good since "pants off, dance off."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.