(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shakethatmachine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#169 9 years ago

If Borg is the designer (I believe he is a KISS fan) and Lyman is on the rules (I believe he can save almost any pin/layout) then the pinball machine will be good. Other designers at Stern could do a good job on it as well because they are professionals, but I would want the designer who was the biggest KISS fan to get the job. If it is not John then I stand corrected, pass the game along to the designer who is.

I think there is tons of potential for the game, and also tons of potential to disappoint the fans. I'm hoping Stern and KISS do this one right. Gene has said a lot of things, but one of the things he has said many times is *give the fans what they want*. I hope this holds true for this game and we don't have to suffer through any *actual* photos of the band and it stays character based.

Scott

#195 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That was a great year. Kiss were a very popular act. But with the solo albums it looked like the end was near. I think the follow up song Love Gun was pretty cool, but I don't remember if that album had too much else to offer. 1978 was a long time ago. But it was a great year.

The solo albums came after the album Love Gun (and after KISS Alive II [side 4 being all new studio songs] and after Double Platinum [featuring Strutter '78, a remix of their classic]). Still, by the solo albums it was obvious even to teenagers (and younger) that KISS was running out of gas (and tearing apart at the seams). There have been a few bright spots since then; Creatures of the Night and Revenge (to a lesser extent) come to mind.

Personally, I am fond of *some* of Unmasked and *some* of Psycho Circus, but I think that's mostly just me.

9 out of 10 songs they have recorded since the album Love Gun pretty much suck, but I still consider myself a huge KISS fan. Yes, like most, my love of all things KISS is 90% nostalgia based.

Still, that leaves me in the waiting line for a second KISS pin (I already own the first).

Scott

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shakethatmachine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=shakethatmachine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.