(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 9 years ago

Kiss fans buy expensive Kiss merch. End of story....music preference debates won't change that. The old Kiss pinball is still in demand from Kiss fans, and that game blows. A Kiss pin with actual music & video footage? It'll be like Metallica LE - LE's will sell out within a few days.

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

And I argue that trying to draw in a younger crowd by putting out a Kiss pin is the nail the the coffin.

Remember Stern makes multiple titles. Not every title has to "draw in a younger crowd". There are already plenty of younger crowd Stern machines available new and used. Avengers, X-Men, Transformers, Shrek, Spider-Man, etc. If/when Kiss goes into production, there will probably also be a "family" title on the line as well. If they do make a Kiss machine, it's to sell it to Kiss fans....just like Metallica sold to Metallica fans. If the game is good, it'll sell to non-fans on its own merits....and, as AC/DC and Metallica have proven - "music experts and snobs" have no bearing on whether these games appeal to people or not. No one cared that Bon Scott wasn't featured on AC/DC. No one cared that Cliff wasn't featured on Met. No one will care which version of Kiss is featured in Kiss. Kiss fans will be interested & buy it. Plenty of people actually like Kiss' music.

The best "younger crowd" theme would be Adventure Time ...iron is still hot & teens/adults love it too! Big animated movies that appeal to kids/adults would be good, too - Despicable Me, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, something by Pixar (Toy Story, Incredibles, etc)

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Adventure Time would be so f***ing awesome. Never gonna happen, but it would be so good. I honestly wouldn't trust Stern to do it justice though, would need to be a labor of love kind of project like Big Lebowski, done by fans who will take the time to get it right.

They'd be able to do it just fine....the show and art is strong enough to kinda make the game for them. The actors from the show would totally do custom voices. The show's creator loves video games and pinball...he'd be all over it.

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Kiss and Metallica are 20 years apart, and one is actually selling out stadiums to this day. I predict it will be a failed machine, and they'll cancel after a limited run, and then in the future, people will say they have an awesome rare game, that actually just is rare because it sucks.

LOL...OK. They'll sell every LE quickly to the Kiss Army. Pros/Premiums are gravy. It's just one title...if you don't want it, you'll survive. If every title appealed to all of us, we'd be broke and out of room. Stern wants to reach outside of the "usual suspects" for sales.

I'm totally neutral to Kiss... I like "I wanna rock n roll all night" - the Kiss hate seems really extreme and kinda Jr. High, honestly. I like music themes, so if it's cool I'd be interested....I'm wouldn't rush out to get one like I would with, well...RUSH!

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

If I were Stern on this one I would re-skin ACDC as Kiss. Nearly all of the modes and inserts are generic enough that they would work for either band, ie Album, tour, band, jam mb, etc. I'd put a molded Gene Simmons face with the tongue sticking out in place of the bell and a "Love Gun" in place of the cannon. Maybe a Detroit Rock City underplayfield instead of Hell? As it stands the weak spot for ACDC is the artwork. I have a feeling that the KISS artwork would be awesome and combined with the rules and layout of ACDC would be a big hit!

Then no one with an AC/DC would buy one. Stern doesn't need to re-theme anymore...they have 3 full time designers in house.

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I don't care for Kiss at all. Rush is one of my favorite bands of all time, and I'd LOVE to have a Rush themed pin.
    That said, I wonder which theme would sell more pins? I'd personally love to believe that Rush would, but I'm certainly not sure if that's the case, and in fact I'd have to admit that Kiss would probably have the broader appeal. Sad as that might be.

Could be about even, give or take. Like Metallica, they're both bands that have fans that consider them "a way of life" ...those are the fans that would buy pinball machines. Their music is also mainstream enough to appeal to people who aren't really even that aware of the bands.

1 week later
    #205 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

but most people on Pinside can't name 5 ICP songs

I can

#212 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

I couldn't agree more. Just listen to that blabbering idiot from ICP on that worthless channel on your cable box Fuse. Its lame!

That's the only show I watch on Fuse! LOL

#214 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not bad...not fantastic but they're pretty funny. And "The Hammer" being there is the best nonsensical part of it all.

Hammer is amazing...and he doesn't say anything lol. I don't really like that flat-brim hat wearing guy Kevin Gill, though....they need to put some clown makeup on that mug.

2 weeks later
    #253 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Rarehero is a Juggalo?!
    I gotta admit...didn't see that one coming.

Closet Juggalo lol ...I'm not painting my face or throwing Faygo at people - but I do think ICP are very funny & I like their music. It's like an audio version of a horror comic book. Like many controversial things, they're misunderstood & maligned by people who've never really taken the time to listen or get to know them. At the end of the day...guilty pleasure, what can I say.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.