(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 9 years ago

It's Sterns way of telling us that pinball is no longer relevant. If it was they would go with current music themes. Seems they are just playing out the string.

#101 9 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

Hell, just Gene alone makes them a big target.

runaway-spider-bots.jpgrunaway-spider-bots.jpg

#135 9 years ago

Lemmy FTW!
    th-1-123.jpegth-1-123.jpeg

#178 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

Ok so maybe a little musical lesson is in order.

Bon Jovi, Aldo Nova, Journey, lol. Thank's for the lessen. You forgot to mention Gregg Rolie. After he left, Journey became just another circus act. He handled the vocals just fine with or without Steve Perry.

#183 9 years ago

That was a great year. Kiss were a very popular act. But with the solo albums it looked like the end was near. I think the follow up song Love Gun was pretty cool, but I don't remember if that album had too much else to offer. 1978 was a long time ago. But it was a great year.

#196 9 years ago
    Quoted from shakethatmachine:

The solo albums came after the album Love Gun (and after KISS Alive II [side 4 being all new studio songs] and after Double Platinum [featuring Strutter '78, a remix of their classic]).

Thanks for helping to clear that up. Some of the late 70s were kind of a blur. It was a great time to be a teenager living in So Cal though.

#198 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Same as Springsteen. The same 15,000 55 year olds in each city go to the same old concert year after year and look around thinking how popular the band still is and how cool they are to be there with their pot belly and 3/4 bald head with a pony tail.

So now that Kiss along with other ancient rock acts are now the core themes for brand new state of the art pinball machines, I'm surprised no one is shouting out for a Styx pin yet. Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with meeeeeeeee........

#204 9 years ago
    Quoted from KenH:

I'm not sure what they would put in a pinball machine for Styx though.

Oh, they'd probably find a way to leave out the "good songs". I still can't believe Metallica did not come with Whiplash.

2 weeks later
    #250 9 years ago

No way! I'm going the way of my ancestors.
    th-1-698.jpegth-1-698.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.