(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kid_ego.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

He is just upset that Stern ignored his e-mails for a Barbie pinball lmfao.

How do you know they ignored them? Never know what Stern might release next.

They could do a Corvette pin featuring Barbie and her pink...Corvette...you sickos.

(Hopefully not a Barbie/Walking Dead mash-up though. That would just be creepy.)

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

lmfao. Id rather have one that dispenses beer!

I think you're on to something...

Beer - The Pinball Machine

The LE edition could have a built-in kegerator!

#92 9 years ago

Bottom line...as far as Stern is concerned...is will it sell?

The KISS merchandising juggernaut of the past 40+ years seems to suggest it will.

Not every member of the KISS Army is a member of pinside, so we can take our little informal polls and get into arguments back and forth on the merits of the band, but at the end of the day, someone who probably has done a little bit of research seems to think it'll sell (and is worth the upfront costs associated with acquiring the license).

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Sheesh!...i was reading here about $40 tickets and decided maybe I'll go see them. This is what I found...
    Section SECTION 101
    US $247.50 - US $1,250.00
    Click this section to see them.

I did the same thing, thinking I'd finally see them for the nostalgia of it.

The kid in me who bought Alive II as an 8 year old said, "Hell, YEAH!"

Then after seeing ticket prices to sit in the back row at Alpine Valley...

The adult in me said, "Hell, NO!"

Guess I could sell a pin to pay the $2500 for my wife and I to buy "meet and greet" tickets...NOT!

#109 9 years ago

I doubt I'll get a KISS pin, but not because of theme.

Well, actually, that's not completely true. I have a small lineup, and I don't want all my pins to be "band" or "music" pins. If they knocked it out of the park from a play perspective, I'd consider it.

Don't understand the negativity of some, though. If it's not a theme you like, pass on it, ignore the threads discussing it, and wait for something more your taste.

No need to piss in everyone's Cheerios.

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

It's a discussion forum, I don't like cheerios either.

Even after dumping 2-3 teaspoons of sugar on them?!?

I get that one should expect to have...umm...discussions on a discussion forum.

But more might participate in said discussion if they didn't feel there were always people who spoke in such absolutes waiting to ambush them.

Even if I thought KISS was the worst band in the world, I wouldn't go out of my way to throw it in the face of their devotees in a forum or make guarantees that a yet-to-even-be-designed pin will automatically suck and not sell.

But that's just me.

#145 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Please don't start a forum, it would be the singular most boring place on earth. No one could post opinions on anything.

Wow! That hurts coming from someone who lives in Minnesota. I thought my forum would be the 2nd most boring place on Earth, right after your house.

2 weeks later
    #223 9 years ago

All that matters is that they're relevant to people who still enjoy their music, going to the shows, buying the merchandise, etc.

I don't think any fans of heavy metal music through the years have cared (or should have cared) whether the general public finds that type of music "relevant" in an overall sense.

And though my vote is for Maiden, a KISS pin done right might look very cool. And the sales figures on these recent music-themed pins means we'll definitely see more of them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kid_ego.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=kid_ego and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.