(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider katoskave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

He is just upset that Stern ignored his e-mails for a Barbie pinball lmfao.

#12 9 years ago

Lol Maybe next they will make a cookie monster redemption pinball machine. When you complete modes it gives you a chocolate chip cookie and cookie monster says "Me love cookies, NOM NOM NOM!"

#35 9 years ago

lmfao. Id rather have one that dispenses beer!

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

I think you're on to something...
    Beer - The Pinball Machine
    The LE edition could have a built-in kegerator!

Imagine beer 30 multiball madness mode. You have to chug from a tapper without losing the balls.

#176 9 years ago

Ok so maybe a little musical lesson is in order. First lets talk about Bon Jovi (though I cant stand his music), he still sells out stadiums, is still current, and on March 12, 2013, Bon Jovi released their 12th studio album. Thats 12 albums that sold quite well world wide.

Ok so not 40 years but still going strong at 33 Loudness. They are still selling out venues. As long as Akira Takasaki keeps playing those killer riffs I will continue to listen. The Sun Will Rise Again was released recently (april) and is awesome!

Chilli Peppers seem to be doing well 31 years later. They are working on a new album right now as we speak.

2016 will be 40 years for U2. They are still relevant and sell out world wide. Awesome musicians and some great songs that will be remembered for a long time to come.

Kiss must still be relevant or else you wouldn't have brought them up. I am not a fan of the band personally but do like some of their songs. I remember the days when we waited in anticipation for our favorite artists to get back in the studio after a long tour and write some more songs and crank out that new album. Now days when it comes to artists it seems like they tour for 6 months while someone else writes their new albums for them. Lay down the vocals and voila another tour for another BS album.

If you want to get deep into the relevance of some of the artists of yesteryear how about Aldo Nova? Most of you remember him for his song Fantasy. What you most likely didn't know is that he has written hit songs for Celine Dion, Clay Aiken, and many others. He wrote the guitar riff for Bon Jovi's song Blaze Of Glory too!

Now even though they have gone through a few lead singer changes, Journey still sells out concert venues to this day. I can't stand Don't Stop Believin' that song really doesn't showcase who they are as a band. Obviously there is only one Steve Perry however Jeff Scott Soto did an awesome job filling in. Steve Augeri did a rather amazing job too. I do like Arnel Pineda however I just don't seem him having the staying power of either of the latter. Either way, ROCK ON JOURNEY!

So many artists have done great things off of the radar and are presumed no longer relevant. I disagree. Being in the spot light doesn't make you relevant, its your body of work both past and present that make you relevant. I don't much care one way or another (take them or leave them) about KISS however they do show a lot of support for our military and also help several charities out a lot. Eric Singer gets a huge thanks from me personally for donating some things via me to the American Cancer Society.

If artists like Lil Wayne, Rhianna, Nicki Minaj, Nickelback, and some of the other garbage I hear on my radio stay mainstream then I believe music as we know it will continue to suck. I remember when songs stood for something, head heart, and were actually written by the artists themselves. Stop all of this so called "popular music", same as the next guy shit and be original.

I have been involved with music for over 20 years of my life but what do I know? I am just an aspiring musician, producer, song writer, and probably never will be with a passion for killer riffs, pinball, and fast cars (or in my current case El Caminos) lol.

#186 9 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

Well put Katoskave! A lot of people don't know the huge influence and contributions of Aldo Nova.

99% of all people can only name one Aldo Nova song. I love his work. Blood On The Bricks and Subject Aldo Nova are very great works of music. Most of the songs that are played on the radio today aren't nearly as good as the rest of the artists album. Take a look at Kip Winger for instance. Most people don't even know he was in the Alice Cooper Band. He also wrote the musical score for a play. Pure music is rare these days. People might make fun of me for this but I am really into Duncan Sheik. His words paired with his voice really move me.

Quoted from vid1900:

ICP does have the look and the branding , but in their 20 years they have only sold 9 million albums.
    Most people over 20 years of age can name 5 KISS songs, but most people on Pinside can't name 5 ICP songs

Maybe its because nobody would call most of their works "talent" or for that matter even "real music". It sounds like a bunch of vulgar noise to me.

Iceman, you ever hear of a guy named Kim Mitchell? He did some pretty groovy guitar work on some old Max Webster records. Drive And Desire comes to mind!

#211 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Icp is about as worthless as Korn. No need for this kind of crap.

I couldn't agree more. Just listen to that blabbering idiot from ICP on that worthless channel on your cable box Fuse. Its lame!

#216 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Kind of a lot for a talentless band for sure.

Nuff Said lol

#220 9 years ago

The op in this thread just needs a lesson in marketing. Kiss while not my favorite band is still one of if not the most marketable groups to ever make music. Nice group of guys too. I talked with Eric Singer about donating to the cancer society to help fund raise. Believe it or not he actually sent some awesome stuff that was signed. I had a local company do the framing and matte and it turned out awesome. Here is one of the pictures he sent! What an amazing guy!100_0983.JPG100_0983.JPG

#224 9 years ago

I wish Loudness would come to Alaska. I want to see Akira Takasaki live!!! Hell even Aldo Nova would rock! On a side note: I missed the Spin Doctors

#230 9 years ago

The one claims the original lineup is always the best. In this case I don't agree. At least Tommy Thayer isnt a bitter, alcoholic, drunk.

#240 9 years ago

Thayer was one hell of a publicist and also a great musician with Black & Blue. Eric is a very good guy too. Ace has a little too much Vinnie Vincent in him, drink all day and come show time forget his own riffs. Hell half of the time, that "hack" Thayer had to give him a refresher on his own material. Yep, that is some hack!

On a side note, I am going to try to get some tickets to see Tesla later next month, I'm sure it will be a bitchin' show!

1 week later
    #263 9 years ago

Vinnie is busily up to being his old self again. Ripping people off. His new t-shirt scam sure seems like a winner. I feel bad for him because its a waste of true talent. The material he wrote with Mark Slaughter and Dana Strum was some awesome music. The guy had chops but just couldn't keep that crazy brain of his together long enough to do the right thing. I do think he breathed new life into the band but I am glad he left.

Tommy will always be under fire for taking the place of ace the original spaceman. He knew that when he signed up. However I feel he is doing the best he can. If not Tommy Thayer then who else? One of the members of Warrant worked for Kiss too. Maybe him?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider katoskave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=katoskave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.