(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 9 years ago

Pinball hasn't been relevant since the early 1990s yet we keep buying and playing them.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Note quite--arcades haven't been relevant since the 90s. They haven't been all that profitable since console and computer gaming entered the picture. The games themselves are completely relevant, otherwise they wouldn't have the following that they still do now.

So, KISS still turns a profit, and people still attend their crappy shows and a few even buy their terrible new records.

Does that mean they are still relevant?

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Kiss fans buy expensive Kiss merch. End of story.....

They do?

As far as I can tell, your average KISStard collects tons of cheap crap. Action figures, lunchboxes, RC vans, posters...but only the most dedicated KISStard actually owns the 1978 pinball machine, which goes for around $2000-$3000 smackers.

Most of these guys haven't pooled enough lunch money over the years to splurge for the $5000-8000 it's gonna cost to buy a new KISS pinball machine.

kiss.jpgkiss.jpg

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from Homertv:

I bet more people are buying tickets to see Def Leppard then Kiss

That tour is not doing very well. TOns of papering, groupons, etc.

#152 9 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Hawkwind.
    Or, ya know, BLACK SABBATH!

Sabbath. #1 album too.

Poor Kiss has NEVER had a number 1.

3 weeks later
    #245 9 years ago

Rarehero is a Juggalo?!

I gotta admit...didn't see that one coming.

#246 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

AC/DC is the largest selling Stern ever. A bunch of 60 year old dudes.
    Obviously Stern would like to repeat that with another megaband like KISS.
    If Kiss fans will buy a $5,000 casket, why not a new pin to go next to their old Bally one?

Kiss fans WON'T buy a $5,000 casket. I'm not sure there's a single documented sale.

The only KISS Kasket that actually changed hands that I know if is the one Dime was buried in. And that was a gift from Gene.

#254 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

My buddy Scott owns the older, less expensive one; I've seen it.

Well that's one.

It's not like those things were flying off the shelves, and their mere existence isn't much of a justification for a KISS pinball machine.

The fact is MOST big Kiss Kollections are filled with thousands of dollars of cheap krap - dolls, posters, etc. It's rare you'll actually see a big expensive pinball machine or Kasket - your average Kisstard would rather have a huge Kollection of Kiss Krap than one big ticket item.

Regardless, I stand by my earlier assertion that A scab Kiss pin with Thayer and Singer all over it just isn't going to Kut it with most Kiss fanatics. They'll stick with the 70s version.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.