(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Metallica - several great and influential songs that're still well known.

Rolling Stones - at least a dozen great and influential songs that're still well known.

ACDC - One great song that they played over and over, but it had a good riff.

Kiss - Puts on a good show, which is the same show they've been putting on for four decades now. That's about it.

#2 9 years ago

Oh, and I can only imagine how this will go, so I'll grab my
    rooster.jpgrooster.jpg
    and
    popcorn.jpgpopcorn.jpg

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

He is just upset that Stern ignored his e-mails for a Barbie pinball lmfao.

Hey! It was the My Little Pony pin I was requesting. Get it right, you sonuva....

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Not going to feed this thread but... neither has any band that was popular in the '70's. Yet their music is still popular, is still played on the radio and tv.
    I hate Kiss as a band and as a pinball machine even less. But AC/DC, Rolling Stones, LED ZEPPELIN, PINK FLOYD, ALICE COOPER and more are all super popular still to this day. And they all have huge fan bases Its called classic rock for a reason.
    Technically Nirvana, Pearl Jam, NIN, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden etc. have not been relevant in nearly 2 decades.
    Does that mean they dont still have fans and continue to get new ones?
    Same goes with any music. Deal with it.

The difference is that most of the other bands you named are still influential on modern music. Kiss was and is a butt-rock band that puts on a good show.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So you're expecting to like every theme thy put out? Well aren't you a huckleberry. Nobody is going to like every game theme released. That is why there are so many different spots on the spectrum.

No, but you'd think they would try to get their games into new markets. Marvel movies make for games that a kid is way more likely to walk up to and play than a bunch of 60-year-old dudes in makeup.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

KISS put out a new album a year and a half ago and are selling out arenas all over the country this summer, even with the $100-200 ticket price. Name 5 other bands that have been around for 40 years that can say that. Seriously. Try to do it.

Bob Dylan
    Paul McCartney
    The Rolling Stones
    Elton John
    ... I could say AC-DC, but that would be too easy, so I'll go with Joni Mitchell. She may not sell out arenas, but she sells out shows, and puts out new music.

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Whatever with KISS. So you are saying ACDC only had one good song? Retard...........

I'm saying their songs all sounds so similar, it's like they only ever wrote one song. No need for the hostility, sweetheart.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

...and put out a new album in the last 18 months (not counting a Greatest Hits compilation or Live album).

Okay, Kiss' last album was 2012. I can't be bothered to check specific months that albums were released, but since we're being anal...
    Elton John (Yes, I know what I did there.)
    Aerosmith
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sir Paul
    Bob.

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You damn fool. Dylans album was released September 10, 2012...that's more than 18 months.
    But hey look...Aerosmith's album was November 6, 2012...I think that just makes it under the guidlines. Phew...I'll update the big board.
    EDIT: AND Elton John...oh the excitement...we're getting close! Can we seriously name 5?!?

Hawkwind.

Or, ya know, BLACK SABBATH!

#130 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I don't care for Kiss at all. Rush is one of my favorite bands of all time, and I'd LOVE to have a Rush themed pin.
    That said, I wonder which theme would sell more pins? I'd personally love to believe that Rush would, but I'm certainly not sure if that's the case, and in fact I'd have to admit that Kiss would probably have the broader appeal. Sad as that might be.

Good call! I actually considered using Rush on my list, but couldn't recall if their last album was '11, or '12. Apparently it was '12, though over 18 months ago.

#160 9 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Just came back to this thread. Nice edit of your initial post there OP.
    Gotta love pinside! If you get too many thumbs down because you were trolling, just change what you wrote. Maybe no one will notice. And now Ill get thumbs up. B.S. you are a ___! For doing that. And I'm calling you on it!

Yeah, the original post just said "deal with it." The edit reflects the actual reasons most people don't care about Kiss, and haven't for years.

What of it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.