(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 9 years ago

I'm still patiently waiting for a Hall and Oates pin

hall.jpghall.jpg

#252 9 years ago

Yeah, cremation for me, burial is ridiculous.

#253 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Rarehero is a Juggalo?!
    I gotta admit...didn't see that one coming.

Closet Juggalo lol ...I'm not painting my face or throwing Faygo at people - but I do think ICP are very funny & I like their music. It's like an audio version of a horror comic book. Like many controversial things, they're misunderstood & maligned by people who've never really taken the time to listen or get to know them. At the end of the day...guilty pleasure, what can I say.

#254 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

My buddy Scott owns the older, less expensive one; I've seen it.

Well that's one.

It's not like those things were flying off the shelves, and their mere existence isn't much of a justification for a KISS pinball machine.

The fact is MOST big Kiss Kollections are filled with thousands of dollars of cheap krap - dolls, posters, etc. It's rare you'll actually see a big expensive pinball machine or Kasket - your average Kisstard would rather have a huge Kollection of Kiss Krap than one big ticket item.

Regardless, I stand by my earlier assertion that A scab Kiss pin with Thayer and Singer all over it just isn't going to Kut it with most Kiss fanatics. They'll stick with the 70s version.

#255 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Closet Juggalo lol ...I'm not painting my face or throwing Faygo at people - but I do think ICP are very funny & I like their music. It's like an audio version of a horror comic book. Like many controversial things, they're misunderstood & maligned by people who've never really taken the time to listen or get to know them. At the end of the day...guilty pleasure, what can I say.

Controversial? Icp is controversial? No, it's just dumb

#256 9 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

That's pretty much it.
    Gene had the marketing brains and Paul could perform but Ace brought the rock n' roll cred to Kiss.
    Gene's been forgetting his own lyrics since the 70's and he's never had a drink in his life.
    Crap... I just outted myself as a Kiss dork.

I don't know about the 70's, but he has butcher the lyrics to I Love it Loud since the late 90's. Every version I have heard he messes it up. I think he does it on purpose now.

#257 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

don't know about the 70's, but he has butcher the lyrics to I Love it Loud since the late 90's. Every version I have heard he messes it up. I think he does it on purpose now.

Maybe he does not sing any of the lyrics that Vinnie Cusano wrote, so Kiss does not have to pay royalties.

#258 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe he does not sing any of the lyrics that Vinnie Cusano wrote, so Kiss does not have to pay royalties.

I think Vinnie wrote the music and Gene did the words.

Gene sings them, it's just that they are out of order every time. Stanley just smiles nowadays when Gene sings it.

Still a kick ass song.

#259 9 years ago

I always thought Paul and Vinnie wrote that one - learn something new everyday on Pinside....

#260 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I don't know about the 70's, but he has butcher the lyrics to I Love it Loud since the late 90's. Every version I have heard he messes it up. I think he does it on purpose now.

Don't forget Gene's multiple versions of War Machine, never gets the 2nd verse right.

#261 9 years ago

Her ya go, I can't imagine the crazieness going on in a crowd this size!

#262 9 years ago

Here ya go what? Bunch of brain dead idiots chanting a crappy song?

1 week later
    #263 9 years ago

Vinnie is busily up to being his old self again. Ripping people off. His new t-shirt scam sure seems like a winner. I feel bad for him because its a waste of true talent. The material he wrote with Mark Slaughter and Dana Strum was some awesome music. The guy had chops but just couldn't keep that crazy brain of his together long enough to do the right thing. I do think he breathed new life into the band but I am glad he left.

Tommy will always be under fire for taking the place of ace the original spaceman. He knew that when he signed up. However I feel he is doing the best he can. If not Tommy Thayer then who else? One of the members of Warrant worked for Kiss too. Maybe him?

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.