(Topic ID: 93742)

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by katoskave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hall.jpg
    th-1-698.jpeg
    post2.jpg
    kisstix.jpg
    100_0983.JPG
    ICP Stern.jpg
    Kiss+-+Kiss+My+Ass-Double+Platinum+-+DOUBLE+CD-429254.jpg
    my kiss.JPG
    Rainier-Demon1.jpg
    th-1-123.jpeg
    Arcada_Theater_Building_(St._Charles,_IL)_02.JPG
    runaway-spider-bots.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    geico.jpg
    images fire suit..jpg
    kii.jpg

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

ICP does have the look and the branding , but in their 20 years they have only sold 9 million albums.
    Most people over 20 years of age can name 5 KISS songs, but most people on Pinside can't name 5 ICP songs

Only 9 million? That's kind of a lot...

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from Anth:

Yeah more than I would have thought...good for them local guys! I kind of like their TV show actually.

#203 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm surprised no one is shouting out for a Styx pin yet. Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with meeeeeeeee........

Ouch, that would be a must-buy for me. Styx puts on a great show.

I'm not sure what they would put in a pinball machine for Styx though.

#204 9 years ago
    Quoted from KenH:

I'm not sure what they would put in a pinball machine for Styx though.

Oh, they'd probably find a way to leave out the "good songs". I still can't believe Metallica did not come with Whiplash.

#205 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

but most people on Pinside can't name 5 ICP songs

I can

#207 9 years ago

Icp is about as worthless as Korn. No need for this kind of crap.

#208 9 years ago

Skullet ...BWAHAHAHAHAHA

#209 9 years ago

"You wanted the best.......but you bought Kiss instead!"

#210 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Whoa whoa whoa...even if you hate ICP; that's a serious statement.

#211 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I couldn't agree more. Just listen to that blabbering idiot from ICP on that worthless channel on your cable box Fuse. Its lame!

#212 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

I couldn't agree more. Just listen to that blabbering idiot from ICP on that worthless channel on your cable box Fuse. Its lame!

That's the only show I watch on Fuse! LOL

#213 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That's the only show I watch on Fuse! LOL

It's not bad...not fantastic but they're pretty funny. And "The Hammer" being there is the best nonsensical part of it all.

Fuse hasn't had anything good since "pants off, dance off."

#214 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not bad...not fantastic but they're pretty funny. And "The Hammer" being there is the best nonsensical part of it all.

Hammer is amazing...and he doesn't say anything lol. I don't really like that flat-brim hat wearing guy Kevin Gill, though....they need to put some clown makeup on that mug.

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from Anth:

Kind of a lot for a talentless band for sure.

#216 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Kind of a lot for a talentless band for sure.

Nuff Said lol

#217 9 years ago

Hard to believe the energy expended on this thread.

Pinball hasn't been relevant/mainstream for 2 decades, but it doesn't stop us from loving it

If Stern releases a KISS pin, I'm 100% confident it will sell well...relevant or not. fwiw, I liked the bands first 4 albums...after KISS Alive, I stopped listening.

#218 9 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

having music pins based on specific types of music would be cool. rock, metal, punk, pop... whatever and have multiple bands music installed.

Yeah, there are only a few bands that have the right combination of music and recognizable graphical style to make a good pinball machine around. None of the bands Stern has chosen qualify for me personally.

Now if they made something like Brütal Legend...

">

#219 9 years ago

Kiss opening night of headlining tour only 13 songs, yes I am going bec like rock n roll and better than going to movies throughout the year but disappointed in short set. Hate it when bands do this to us fans.

#220 9 years ago

The op in this thread just needs a lesson in marketing. Kiss while not my favorite band is still one of if not the most marketable groups to ever make music. Nice group of guys too. I talked with Eric Singer about donating to the cancer society to help fund raise. Believe it or not he actually sent some awesome stuff that was signed. I had a local company do the framing and matte and it turned out awesome. Here is one of the pictures he sent! What an amazing guy!100_0983.JPG100_0983.JPG

#221 9 years ago

Here's Eric Singer in Badlands before he put on the makeup with Kiss:

#222 9 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Kiss hasn't been relevant in over 3 decades.

True, but look what I'm doing tomorrow night anyway
    kisstix.jpgkisstix.jpg

#223 9 years ago

All that matters is that they're relevant to people who still enjoy their music, going to the shows, buying the merchandise, etc.

I don't think any fans of heavy metal music through the years have cared (or should have cared) whether the general public finds that type of music "relevant" in an overall sense.

And though my vote is for Maiden, a KISS pin done right might look very cool. And the sales figures on these recent music-themed pins means we'll definitely see more of them.

#224 9 years ago

I wish Loudness would come to Alaska. I want to see Akira Takasaki live!!! Hell even Aldo Nova would rock! On a side note: I missed the Spin Doctors

#225 9 years ago

A new low for Kiss- Gene pissed himself on stage last night. I know they needed something new for the stage show, but this is not what I was expecting!

Gene quickly turned this into a marketing ploy and has announced "Kiss signature adult diapers".

Here's the vid, at around 3:40 you can see it..

#226 9 years ago

Kiss Piss on Ebay, auction starts at a penny.

#227 9 years ago

I didn't see anyone discuss this yet but what KISS version will be on the game? I know Gene and Paul are still the heart and soul but if this pin doesn't have Ace and Peter what's the point?

#228 9 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

I know Gene and Paul are still the heart and soul but if this pin doesn't have Ace and Peter what's the point?

If it does not have Ace and Peter, I'm not buying - simple as that.

#229 9 years ago

Would probably have an artistic rendering of the cat and spaceman makeup, but not their actual likeness. They probably don't even need to use names. Could just say demon, star child, etc.

#230 9 years ago

The one claims the original lineup is always the best. In this case I don't agree. At least Tommy Thayer isnt a bitter, alcoholic, drunk.

#231 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

At least Tommy Thayer isnt a bitter, alcoholic, drunk.

Ace will always be an alcoholic, but he has been sober for 7 years.

#232 9 years ago

Forget all these guitars for a sec.....where's the Snoop (Lion) Dogg Pin.......???!!!........Joey

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

The one claims the original lineup is always the best. In this case I don't agree. At least Tommy Thayer isnt a bitter, alcoholic, drunk.

I'd take the personality of a "alcoholic" true rocker like Ace than a hack like Thayer any day of the week.. after all, this is Rock and Roll.

Also, I've met Ace and Thayer outside of an official "meet and greet", and Thayer's a 100% pompous douche bag. Ace was a cool dude!

#234 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Ace will always be an alcoholic, but he has been sober for 7 years.

+1. His recent single release sounds more like classic Kiss than the recent Kiss releases also.

#235 9 years ago

Aerosmith would have been a far better pinball band theme than Kiss. Sweet Emotion baby!

#236 9 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

A new low for Kiss- Gene pissed himself on stage last night. I know they needed something new for the stage show, but this is not what I was expecting!
    Gene quickly turned this into a marketing ploy and has announced "Kiss signature adult diapers".
    Here's the vid, at around 3:40 you can see it..
    » YouTube video

Hey, when you gotta go, YOU GOTTA GO!

#237 9 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

+1. His recent single release sounds more like classic Kiss than the recent Kiss releases also.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-ace-frehleys-kiss-like-new-gimme-a-feelin-premiere-20140529

#238 9 years ago

Aerosmith and Kiss pins? I can't think of two bands I'd rather not listen to, let alone play a game to their music. But, they do have fans, for some reason.

#240 9 years ago

Thayer was one hell of a publicist and also a great musician with Black & Blue. Eric is a very good guy too. Ace has a little too much Vinnie Vincent in him, drink all day and come show time forget his own riffs. Hell half of the time, that "hack" Thayer had to give him a refresher on his own material. Yep, that is some hack!

On a side note, I am going to try to get some tickets to see Tesla later next month, I'm sure it will be a bitchin' show!

#241 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

Ace has a little too much Vinnie Vincent in him, drink all day and come show time forget his own riffs. Hell half of the time, that "hack" Thayer had to give him a refresher on his own material.

That's what rock n roll used to be about.

Getting high then drinking the edge off, banging some chick just because she is 17 year old and skinny, pissing in a cup because your drummer is banging some other chick in the bus bathroom, finding a photo lab in town that will develop **those** kind of pictures, Cream magazine, getting in a fight with Iggy because he won't quit barging into your dressing room, taking a dump in the bushes at Graceland because there are too many old people in line, breaking everything and yelling "Put it on my tab!".

All these current "rock stars" that check into rehab their first year in the biz........pffffff.

#242 9 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

No, but you'd think they would try to get their games into new markets. Marvel movies make for games that a kid is way more likely to walk up to and play than a bunch of 60-year-old dudes in makeup.

AC/DC is the largest selling Stern ever. A bunch of 60 year old dudes.

Obviously Stern would like to repeat that with another megaband like KISS.

If Kiss fans will buy a $5,000 casket, why not a new pin to go next to their old Bally one?

#243 9 years ago

Dangerous joke for a German to make on a Dutch hosted forum Asael, lol.

#244 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Getting high then drinking the edge off, banging some chick just because she is 17 year old and skinny, pissing in a cup because your drummer is banging some other chick in the bus bathroom, finding a photo lab in town that will develop **those** kind of pictures, Cream magazine, getting in a fight with Iggy because he won't quit barging into your dressing room, taking a dump in the bushes at Graceland because there are too many old people in line, breaking everything and yelling "Put it on my tab!".

That's pretty much it.

Gene had the marketing brains and Paul could perform but Ace brought the rock n' roll cred to Kiss.

Quoted from katoskave:

Ace has a little too much Vinnie Vincent in him, drink all day and come show time forget his own riffs.

Gene's been forgetting his own lyrics since the 70's and he's never had a drink in his life.

Crap... I just outted myself as a Kiss dork.

#245 9 years ago

Rarehero is a Juggalo?!

I gotta admit...didn't see that one coming.

#246 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

AC/DC is the largest selling Stern ever. A bunch of 60 year old dudes.
    Obviously Stern would like to repeat that with another megaband like KISS.
    If Kiss fans will buy a $5,000 casket, why not a new pin to go next to their old Bally one?

Kiss fans WON'T buy a $5,000 casket. I'm not sure there's a single documented sale.

The only KISS Kasket that actually changed hands that I know if is the one Dime was buried in. And that was a gift from Gene.

#247 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kiss fans WON'T buy a $5,000 casket. I'm not sure there's a single documented sale.

My buddy Scott owns the older, less expensive one; I've seen it.

#248 9 years ago

Why the heck would you want to be buries in a kiss casket, that just stupid

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Why the heck would you want to be buries in a kiss casket, that just stupid

Because out of 1000 funerals you attend in a lifetime, you will remember the one where the guy was in a Kiss Kasket, and the pallbearers were Gene,Paul,Ace,Peter,Eric and Vinnie.

Just like out of 500 weddings you've attended, you only remember the one where the bride and groom were Furries - the rest were a blur of boring vows, yellow cake and overcooked beef.

#250 9 years ago

No way! I'm going the way of my ancestors.
    th-1-698.jpegth-1-698.jpeg

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-hasnt-been-relevant-in-over-3-decades/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.