• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (3).jpg
image.jpg
gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 8 years ago

Is it just me, or does Detroit Rock City sound odd? Specifically the vocals... maybe it's the camera's mic capturing Spike, but the song doesn't sound exactly like the original from Destroyer.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

It's not the original. Paul and Gene went back in the studio and re-recorded all of their hits to get around having to pay royalties to Ace and Peter.
I like KISS but the remasters suck ass.

Yea I kinda suspected that after rewinding and listening a few times. It sounds like Kiss, but it's not original. Had no idea of the re-recordings. Definitely knocks the game down a bit on the want-list, pending a full cracking of Spike. We'll see if the gameplay can make up for the meh tunes

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We've been over this one 100 times...these are the re-recordings from 5 years ago, not the original recordings.

Maybe YOU'VE been over it 100 times, but this is the first I'd heard of it. Kiss is just an OK band to me so I haven't been watching the launch of this game too closely. It's a non-issue if Spike gets cracked, but otherwise would probably prevent me from owning the game. It's not as bad as Nascar's butchering of Hagar, but it's too noticeable to ignore :/

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

KISS does not own a recording of God of Thunder or of Firehouse.

Gave you a thumbs up on the first reply just for "Def Leopard"

Sorry to hear these bands don't own their own music, but regardless of their past licensing deals, I'm only interested in the original tunes I grew up with. Obviously I'm not the only one.... Stern would be best served by not spending *too* much resources protecting Spike...

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If they are unavailable to be licensed, then there is nothing Stern can do. Stern is not going to cancel a project that Gary has been trying to do for a decade, just because he can't license Firehouse.

Of course they're not. I'm just sayin... spend their development resources on the playfield and rules, make them really good, don't waste too much effort trying to encrypt the assets, and they'll sell plenty of games

#201 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I was amazed at frigging Mortal Kombat but now I need a game to be a bare min of 30-40 gig in size with 4k textures powered by my 3x970gtx's and 7 gig over clocked water cooled rig. Yah get what I am laying down?

As someone who still enjoys playing Kaboom! in all its 2048 byte glory, I must say no, I'm not down with you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-gameplay-video-is-here?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.