• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (3).jpg
image.jpg
gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinChili.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 8 years ago

Early code for sure but even with that, serious snooze fest IMO. One central toy and all it does is have a ball roll out of his mouth?? It doesn't move, light up, or do anything else?? This is even a step down from ST where at least the ship moved. This is as bare bones as it gets. So disappointing. How can anyone call this a winner?? Code can only make up for so much.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

People......this was just a first flipping test video. The pin wasn't even on legs or pitched correctly! The ball coming out of Gene's mouth will be a bit faster when it's leveled right.
If we're going to get more of these beta videos, we've got to adjust our expectations. Jared's already promised more videos as this gets finalized, pitched, etc.....
Looks great so far!

But the final "toys" are there, no?? Are there any pop-up toys? In-lane drop targets? Does the mouth move and we're just not seeing it yet?? How about even some magnets?? There is zero mechanical action here beyond pop bumpers. Or am I missing something?

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

None of these things are needed to make a great game.

It's your money. Enjoy. But I think Stern must be on an even tighter budget to cover moving and new factory costs. Seriously disappointing.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Spot on. Jamming 100 things on a playfield does not make a great pin.
WOZ would be a good example of that. Too much stuff everywhere.

Having awesome toys alone does not make a great pin. Agreed. But they are the building blocks for a great game and it's a fairly rare thing to see a really fun game with few toys (or no toys as the case may be). I'm glad you personally enjoy Captain Fantastic but I don't think that quite ranks as a "great game" and it certainly did not (does not) cost 6-8k. As I said, spend your money as you want. Kiss fans will love this regardless. But there is nothing (zero) shown yet for me to get excited about.

And I think there may just be a few people who disagree with your opinion of WOZ ...

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Sometimes you make great comments and sometimes I would swear you are just trolling.

So in other words, sometimes you agree with my comments and sometimes you don't (and when you don't, you consider it trolling.)

I don't "LOVE" IM but I do enjoy it. Yes, it at least has one main toy (Iron Monger) that actually does something and yes, it does also have 2 magnets and I love the War Machine kickback too. Kiss seems to have even less IMO and I only wish Stern went the other direction and created some new innovative elements. Not less.

It's obviously just my opinion man. It shouldn't bother you so much.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

You're missing that it's a game. That's supposed to be fun. Is it the best game ever invented? Probably not... but it's still a game.
You must be the type that complains at every meal that your steak wasn't as good as the best one you ever ate.

Umm. What? Okay, it's a game. What is your point? I'm not allowed to have an opinion about the game? There is a big difference between complaining and having a negative opinion.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He is saying that some of the best games don't have 50 toys.
And some of the games with the most toys are actually not all that fun.

I seriously have no idea how you get that from his post, lol. He didn't even use the word toy once.

Regardless, did I say it had to have 50 toys? I only noted that the game shown had no innovative toys much less any mechanical toys beyond pop bumpers. That's disappointing to me (even if it's only the Pro.) I guess the Premium will have more. That's great.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Let's put this in simple terms. On eBay there are approx 30 WWELE's available, approx 15 TWDLE's available, and only 1 KISSLE, and that one is a Canadian dealer. I think is a hit so far. That should tell the naysayers something.

How many WWELE's were listed on eBay before the game even started shipping? Don't distributors usually list them for sale once they have them in inventory? Seems a little early to be making this comparison.

How many Kiss LE's are going to be built? I don't think we've even seen the number announced yet?

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

You gave Iron Man a 9.52 and MM a 6.98 with AC/DC premium only garnering a 5.57 in your game ratings. I just thought that meant that you loved Iron Man. I am sorry if I was wrong on that. I also figured that you made those ratings based on playing the games for yourself.
My point is that you called it (KISS) a "serious snooze fest" based on a beta testing video with no rules, call outs, stacking multi-balls, hurry ups, modes, or sounds other than basic music, etc... You have not played a game on it or seen anyone play an actual game on it so I felt your comments may have been harsh and premature - maybe just to elicit a reaction. That's all. It doesn't bother me at all. It's a Forum.

You seriously took the time to review my game reviews (which I still stand by, not a fan of MM or AC/DC) simply so you could try and somehow show my opinion is wrong?

I called it a snooze fest because there are no mechanical toys on the Pro. Period. You're bordering on psychotic to be so irate about one guy's opinion. Give it a rest.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

We know you don't know. You just come on here and decide what the facts are going to be and post them with zero thought or research.

No, no anger issues here.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Dude, I didn't spend time reviewing your game reviews. When you said you disliked KISS, I clicked on Heisenberg to see what games you owned and liked. I often do this when someone's opinion on a game is way to the left or way to the right. It gives me a perspective as to whether they enjoy the same types of games as me. I didn't even leave the page. A blue pop up box shows up which shows the games you own, and in the lower right hand corner, it shows 5 of your game rankings/reviews. To me, they told me a lot. I never said your opinion was wrong. Your opinion may very well be spot on. I simply felt it was a little early to fully judge the game based on a beta testing video. That's it. Peace!

The video is all anyone has to base their opinion on at this point, right? Is there a reason you're not jumping on the dozens of people claiming "this game looks like a winner" and this game is "going to be top rated"? It's most definitely too early to be claiming that isn't it?

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You are, of course right.
People are just tired of all the needless negativity on every single new game.
I'd way rather see someone say:
"That looks great!"
than to see someone type the same lame, old, tired:
"Looks like Stern just saved me $5000 this time, heh heh heh.......I mean, I would not drop a quarter into that turd, heh heh heh......."

I guess I look at it like this, if nobody expresses their disappointment or negative opinions then why would Stern (or any manufacturer) ever change their ways? There seems to be less and less innovation coming from them and for me that is disappointing. There are plenty of Stern games I really enjoy but I haven't seen anything new or exciting from them in a long time. Not even the use of an LCD which I thought they stated with the release of ST "would be included in future games". Heck, even including a color DMD would be a nice step forward.

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I agree on that one, for the most part. AFM was mechanically pretty basic. I kind of had TZ, TAF, CV, MM, TS, and TOTAN in mind when I posted though.

Yep, I agree. Heck, I think TBL has plenty of innovation and uniqueness (and new toy ideas) to it and an lcd game screen to boot. I just won't dare go with the prepay model but I'm happy with the direction DP is taking.

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

looks a bit gaudy to me. Kiss music is pretty bad. Layout is typical. Gene Simmons is kind of a huge prik. Pass

Agreed. From a pinhead perspective this game doesn't look like anything special physically (software, lighting, callouts, etc. could still make it a fun game though, yes.) However, as noted, similar to Metallica there just happens to be a huge group of serious Kiss fans who collect anything "Kiss". So that leaves only so many LE's for actual pinheads to grab. Thankfully, I'm in the camp that can't stand their music.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

No way that Kiss fans were onto pinball distributors quicker than pinheads. LEs have all gone to collectors. (yes, who may overlap as Kiss fans. But the average fan wouldn't even know there was such a thing as a distributor.)

Could not disagree more. Have you been reading Stern's Facebook page? They have had the "Kiss Army" fan club in the loop for a while apparently. Every Kiss fan in that club (which at its' peak was around 100,000) knew exactly when they would go on sale and where to order one. Distributors are not a secret only pinheads are privy to. The same thing happened with Metallica.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinChili.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-gameplay-video-is-here?tu=PinChili and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.