• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (3).jpg
image.jpg
gallery_1_1_11337.jpg
There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 8 years ago

Toys don't make a game. Case in point, ST.

#102 8 years ago

I thought this game was going to have Paul's upper body!?! What a letdown.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

The pin to compare it ( time of release ) with is likely to be the hobbit. You are starting to get a whole lot more with JJP games for very little extra money.

Uh. Very little extra money? The gap between a Kiss Pro and a Standard Hobbit is nearly $4,000. For me at least that's more than a little extra.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Uh. Very little extra money? The gap between a Kiss Pro and a Standard Hobbit is nearly $4,000. For me at least that's more than a little extra.

Agree.. and after seeing umpteen videos of Smaug MB and Mr. talking Smaug, I think THLE is all ready starting to look a little boring...basically the same overwhelming info on the LCD screen.. impossible to follow during gameplay.. a couple of ramp shots.. and not much to the pop bumper cap area.. slow side to side motion of a wide body game... and another obvious letdown is seeing how often the ball doesn't make it up the ramps..

It is a DMD, but with good dots, call outs, fast action.. and more to come with the floating ball/Paul animation, full function of the Star pf area, and spitting MB.. KISS Premium for about $2000 less than THLE will probably stack up well... we'll see..

I'm in on both right now, but seriously thinking of canceling THLE as Stern cranks out several good games every few years (ST, MET, AC/DC, now likely KISS, GOT? Star Wars next year?).. and the wait continues for THLE....

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We've been over this one 100 times...these are the re-recordings from 5 years ago, not the original recordings.

Maybe YOU'VE been over it 100 times, but this is the first I'd heard of it. Kiss is just an OK band to me so I haven't been watching the launch of this game too closely. It's a non-issue if Spike gets cracked, but otherwise would probably prevent me from owning the game. It's not as bad as Nascar's butchering of Hagar, but it's too noticeable to ignore :/

#106 8 years ago

I played TH at Allentown, was fun but not OMG fun, it was more so-so not the best not the worst.

I'm sure the code will improve but the actual shots were not great.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Balls kind of dribble out of Gene's mouth. I thought they would "fire" at the flippers. Maybe adjustable.

If it fires out of Gene's mouth back at the flippers, I wonder what that means in terms of playfield wear? It definitely rocks on the coolness factor though.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

If it fires out of Gene's mouth back at the flippers, I wonder what that means in terms of playfield wear? It definitely rocks on the coolness factor though.

Is that any worse than a habitrail that drops a ball in the inlane? Serious question.

#109 8 years ago

While I do like the original recordings, I am sure someone will find a way we can get those in there. The key for me is that Stern says here is a game we are making, you can buy it on this date. With others, you have no idea when that date will be. The Hobbit has been in the movies, all 3, and out on dvd. Any correlation with the date of the movies is gone. If Stern makes a Jurassic Park, I can guarantee you it will not be sold 3 years after the movie was made. So, for me, I would rather own a Kiss and GOT or Jaws, or whatever, for the same price as a JJP pin.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This was the first game ever played on a assembled machine from our factory. The machine was not on legs but was rather on one of our assembly carts. The game had no adjustments whatsoever so things like the speed in which the ball shoots out of the mouth are not necessarily reflective of what the final version will be. This video was simply intended to show how the ball moves around the playfield and how some of the shots can be hit.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Maybe YOU'VE been over it 100 times, but this is the first I'd heard of it.

Those old KISS recordings are not owned by KISS, they are owned by UMG.

KISS re-recorded their own versions (as did OZZY, Def Leopard, ELO....) so they actually owned the recordings, and could get paid when they are used in movies, streamed online, downloaded from iTunes........

Stern's Spike system was just cracked, so it won't be long until you can put in whatever songs you like.

Here is that album, if you want to hear them:

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

But the final "toys" are there, no?? Are there any pop-up toys? In-lane drop targets? Does the mouth move and we're just not seeing it yet?? How about even some magnets?? There is zero mechanical action here beyond pop bumpers. Or am I missing something?

You're missing that it's a game. That's supposed to be fun. Is it the best game ever invented? Probably not... but it's still a game.

You must be the type that complains at every meal that your steak wasn't as good as the best one you ever ate.

#113 8 years ago

Probably cheaper just to get a Sega Viper Night Drivin' since the layouts are so close.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

You're missing that it's a game. That's supposed to be fun. Is it the best game ever invented? Probably not... but it's still a game.
You must be the type that complains at every meal that your steak wasn't as good as the best one you ever ate.

Umm. What? Okay, it's a game. What is your point? I'm not allowed to have an opinion about the game? There is a big difference between complaining and having a negative opinion.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Balls kind of dribble out of Gene's mouth. I thought they would "fire" at the flippers. Maybe adjustable.

Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I don't think the balls are ever going to "shoot" out of Gene's mouth with the design of the tongue ramp...

I don't know what the code will look like, but seeing that the game's set list omits God of Thunder and Firehouse, it looks like they missed a cool opportunity to tie into their live shows.

If you've been to a (or like me, over a dozen) KISS concerts, there are some parts of the "act" you will always remember...
1) Gene dribbling blood and rising prior to God of Thunder

2) Gene breathing fire after Firehouse
Jump to 3:45 -

3) Paul flying out to his mini-stage for Love Gun.

It seems as if they got #3 down, but with the giant Gene head, God of Thunder should have began with a DMD graphic of Gene having the blood emerge from his mouth and the balls dribble out. Firehouse should have a sequence that has balls fire with a DMD graphic of him breathing fire.

Two big live concert tie-ins missed IMHO.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Okay, it's a game. What is your point?

He is saying that some of the best games don't have 50 toys.

And some of the games with the most toys are actually not all that fun.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Two big live concert tie-ins missed IMHO.

KISS does not own a recording of God of Thunder or of Firehouse.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He is saying that some of the best games don't have 50 toys.
And some of the games with the most toys are actually not all that fun.

I seriously have no idea how you get that from his post, lol. He didn't even use the word toy once.

Regardless, did I say it had to have 50 toys? I only noted that the game shown had no innovative toys much less any mechanical toys beyond pop bumpers. That's disappointing to me (even if it's only the Pro.) I guess the Premium will have more. That's great.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Good point, but the "bass solo" (aka 3 minutes of the same 4 bass notes while Gene spits blood) before God of Thunder technically isn't part of the song, so I guess that could be its own thing.

Not having Firehouse rights is an issue I guess... but Gene breathing fire, regardless of song tie-in, is a moment that's seen in almost all live KISS shows.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I only noted that the game shown had no innovative toys much less any mechanical toys beyond pop bumpers. That's disappointing to me

Don't buy it.

There are 6981 other pinball titles that may have more of what you need to avoid disappointment.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

but Gene breathing fire, regardless of song tie-in, is an image that's synonymous with live KISS shows.

Yeah, there are 1000000 things that I'd like to see on a KISS game, but I know I can't have most of them.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Not having Firehouse rights is an issue I guess... but Gene breathing fire, regardless of song tie-in, is an image that's synonymous with live KISS shows.

It's on the translite, so I don't think they forgot about it.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Gave you a thumbs up on the first reply just for "Def Leopard"

Sorry to hear these bands don't own their own music, but regardless of their past licensing deals, I'm only interested in the original tunes I grew up with. Obviously I'm not the only one.... Stern would be best served by not spending *too* much resources protecting Spike...

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

regardless of their past licensing deals, I'm only interested in the original tunes I grew up with.

If they are unavailable to be licensed, then there is nothing Stern can do.

Stern is not going to cancel a project that Gary has been trying to do for a decade, just because he can't license Firehouse.

You are on your own to load in your music choices.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If they are unavailable to be licensed, then there is nothing Stern can do. Stern is not going to cancel a project that Gary has been trying to do for a decade, just because he can't license Firehouse.

Of course they're not. I'm just sayin... spend their development resources on the playfield and rules, make them really good, don't waste too much effort trying to encrypt the assets, and they'll sell plenty of games

#126 8 years ago

This game will be a winner. It's already 12 times better than WWE.

"They hate us, because the ain't us"!

#127 8 years ago

Let's put this in simple terms. On eBay there are approx 30 WWELE's available, approx 15 TWDLE's available, and only 1 KISSLE, and that one is a Canadian dealer. I think is a hit so far. That should tell the naysayers something.

#128 8 years ago

Game still looks good. I don;t ever get much from a video...need to play it myself.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This game will be a winner. It's already 12 times better than WWE.
"They hate us, because the ain't us"!

Not exactly a high bar....

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Let's put this in simple terms. On eBay there are approx 30 WWELE's available, approx 15 TWDLE's available, and only 1 KISSLE, and that one is a Canadian dealer. I think is a hit so far. That should tell the naysayers something.

How many WWELE's were listed on eBay before the game even started shipping? Don't distributors usually list them for sale once they have them in inventory? Seems a little early to be making this comparison.

How many Kiss LE's are going to be built? I don't think we've even seen the number announced yet?

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

How many WWELE's were listed on eBay before the game even started shipping? Don't distributors usually list them for sale once they have them in inventory? Seems a little early to be making this comparison.
How many Kiss LE's are going to be built? I don't think we've even seen the number announced yet?

Seems I read in another thread, 600 LE's, and another 60 to Germany with the different version SS.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

600 LE

60 German LE without the Nazi SS backglass.

and 6 Phantom LE

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

Is that any worse than a habitrail that drops a ball in the inlane? Serious question.

I guess it depends on how fast the ball is moving. Most of the drops to the inline have a stop or swirl to slow down the ball. I guess the launcher mechs from Lights, Camera, Action that lob the ball over the slingshot are similar to the Gene launcher.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

600 LE
60 German LE without the Nazi SS backglass.
and 6 Phantom LE

So 666 LE's? Cute. What the heck is a "Phantom LE"?

#135 8 years ago

Gene's head. Already more interactive than Smaug. Even on the Pro.

That should be enough toy toy action for ya!

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

So 666 LE's? Cute. What the heck is a "Phantom LE"?

See, everyone was right, KISS is the Devil.

6 phantom LEs are supposedly mixed in with the regular LEs, same as they did with the Mustang March 9th production plates.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Gene's head. Already more interactive than Smaug. Even on the Pro.
That should be enough toy toy action for ya!

Is either one really an interactive toy? Genehead is just a "shell" for a ball lock release and Smaug is an animatronic character.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Actually there were about 25 KISSLE on eBay last week. They are all sold now.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

So in other words, sometimes you agree with my comments and sometimes you don't (and when you don't, you consider it trolling.)
I don't "LOVE" IM but I do enjoy it. Yes, it at least has one main toy (Iron Monger) that actually does something and yes, it does also have 2 magnets and I love the War Machine kickback too. Kiss seems to have even less IMO and I only wish Stern went the other direction and created some new innovative elements. Not less.
It's obviously just my opinion man. It shouldn't bother you so much.

You gave Iron Man a 9.52 and MM a 6.98 with AC/DC premium only garnering a 5.57 in your game ratings. I just thought that meant that you loved Iron Man. I am sorry if I was wrong on that. I also figured that you made those ratings based on playing the games for yourself.

My point is that you called it (KISS) a "serious snooze fest" based on a beta testing video with no rules, call outs, stacking multi-balls, hurry ups, modes, or sounds other than basic music, etc... You have not played a game on it or seen anyone play an actual game on it so I felt your comments may have been harsh and premature - maybe just to elicit a reaction. That's all. It doesn't bother me at all. It's a Forum.

#140 8 years ago

6 Phantom LE's. One each for the living band members.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

maybe just to elicit a reaction.

Ya think?

You nailed it.

#142 8 years ago

sweet looking game. might grab a premium after I play one myself.

I always liked ace frehley. best of the solo albums IMHO. Frehley's comet is in my music collection. very talented musician. sucks what gene and paul have done to them cutting them out of royalties. that's the only real negative thing I can say about the pin right now.

#143 8 years ago

Looking forward to playing this! Sorry to say WWE and TWD are shitshows so far....

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I always liked ace frehley. very talented musician. sucks what gene and paul have done to them cutting them out of royalties.

He will always get his ASCAP/BMI royalties 2x a year, that's the real money.

The record companies don't pay musicians for their back catalogs.....that's why OZZY, Def Lep, ELO, Jefferson Starship and everyone else re-records their hits - so they can get some money for their work.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

You gave Iron Man a 9.52 and MM a 6.98 with AC/DC premium only garnering a 5.57 in your game ratings. I just thought that meant that you loved Iron Man. I am sorry if I was wrong on that. I also figured that you made those ratings based on playing the games for yourself.
My point is that you called it (KISS) a "serious snooze fest" based on a beta testing video with no rules, call outs, stacking multi-balls, hurry ups, modes, or sounds other than basic music, etc... You have not played a game on it or seen anyone play an actual game on it so I felt your comments may have been harsh and premature - maybe just to elicit a reaction. That's all. It doesn't bother me at all. It's a Forum.

You seriously took the time to review my game reviews (which I still stand by, not a fan of MM or AC/DC) simply so you could try and somehow show my opinion is wrong?

I called it a snooze fest because there are no mechanical toys on the Pro. Period. You're bordering on psychotic to be so irate about one guy's opinion. Give it a rest.

#148 8 years ago

New video up on their Facebook page. Shows under the hood of Gene's head. Very cool!

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Once again you're totally full of shit and your little drones are following you with thumbs up. So tell me where I can buy a Kiss Pro at $4K? I'll definitely order one right now.

Secondly, the game looks like a total dog. I'm much rather spend money on something that is good or I'd rather wait. But, I don't expect you to understand that logic.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is either one really an interactive toy? Genehead is just a "shell" for a ball lock release and Smaug is an animatronic character.

Yes. "Toy" is used broadly in Pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-gameplay-video-is-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.