• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (3).jpg
image.jpg
gallery_1_1_11337.jpg
There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 8 years ago

looks great, but I really miss call outs on music based pins - I know it's the nature of the beast

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

looks great, but I really miss call outs on music based pins - I know it's the nature of the beast

What makes you think KISS won't have them? It's already been listed on the feature matrix.

#53 8 years ago

This was a Pro Right?

does the pro have a spinning disk under the Gene head?

noticed plastic apron ...

#54 8 years ago

If you look under the head at an angle in the vid there is a magnet under there on the pro I think it will work like the vengeance on ST on the LE/prem there is a spinning disk like Tron

#55 8 years ago

yes, I was mistaken

I read the Grid at sterns site

weird this was a Prem, thought it would of had a metal apron (unless its crinkled paint)

LE / Prem have drops not stand ups

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Early early code to hard to tell

PLEASE!!!!!

get the f!$@in code done and blow us away with a COMPLETE and kick ass pinball machine!!!!

#57 8 years ago

Game looks cool but Gene's "spitting" balls is disappointing. Is it not the same type of eject mechanism as the Tron arcade scoop?

#58 8 years ago

Looks like the game has a ton of potential. Can't wait to play one.

#59 8 years ago

I'm sure to some extent, the lack of callouts is the due to the software only being beta. Gameplay structure first, lightshows and audio effects after.

The only music game I have is Metallica, and it's got callouts a-plenty (maybe too many).

#60 8 years ago

What do you mean, exactly? Both Metallica and AC/DC have callouts. This KISS video didn't even have sound effects, let alone callouts. I reckon that's because it's early code.

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

If you look under the head at an angle in the vid there is a magnet under there on the pro I think it will work like the vengeance on ST on the LE/prem there is a spinning disk like Tron

If you look at the pics of the game being assembled on Stern's facebook page, it's a spinning disc - the opening is too large to be a magnet.

#62 8 years ago

Which studio album is this game based on? Since Gene remastered and left out the other 2 band members?

#63 8 years ago

I don't think the balls are ever going to "shoot" out of Gene's mouth with the design of the tongue ramp so start cancelling the pre-orders and wait for Game of Jaws.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

weird this was a Prem, thought it would of had a metal apron (unless its crinkled paint)

Don't most of the premiums usually get the plastic apron? I know TWD does and my AC/DC also had the plastic apron. Thought Metallica had the plastic apron also.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Which studio album is this game based on? Since Gene remastered and left out the other 2 band members?

KISS KLASSICS.

#66 8 years ago

Pinball Browser is definitely needed. I know the compatibility with Spike is being worked on.

#67 8 years ago

Did I see Transparent Rubber on the game?

I hope that will now be stock!

#68 8 years ago

I heard that these kids were re-recording the songs so Ace and Peter didn't get any royalties ...

rd.

#69 8 years ago

Early code for sure but even with that, serious snooze fest IMO. One central toy and all it does is have a ball roll out of his mouth?? It doesn't move, light up, or do anything else?? This is even a step down from ST where at least the ship moved. This is as bare bones as it gets. So disappointing. How can anyone call this a winner?? Code can only make up for so much.

#70 8 years ago

People......this was just a first flipping test video. The pin wasn't even on legs or pitched correctly! The ball coming out of Gene's mouth will be a bit faster when it's leveled right.

If we're going to get more of these beta videos, we've got to adjust our expectations. Jared's already promised more videos as this gets finalized, pitched, etc.....

Looks great so far!

#71 8 years ago

Like the artwork....

Everything else looks like they were just trying to "check the boxes" for a new game.

1. Kiss fans will love (but they would love anything - lets be honest)
2. Gene's head is disappointing (seems odd to type that )
3. Stern will sell plenty of them.
4. I wont be a buyer, but maybe drop a credit in one on the wild
5. The predicted flood of ac/dc's to fund kiss has now been FULLY debunked... and is now laughable.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

People......this was just a first flipping test video. The pin wasn't even on legs or pitched correctly! The ball coming out of Gene's mouth will be a bit faster when it's leveled right.
If we're going to get more of these beta videos, we've got to adjust our expectations. Jared's already promised more videos as this gets finalized, pitched, etc.....
Looks great so far!

But the final "toys" are there, no?? Are there any pop-up toys? In-lane drop targets? Does the mouth move and we're just not seeing it yet?? How about even some magnets?? There is zero mechanical action here beyond pop bumpers. Or am I missing something?

#73 8 years ago

Haters gonna hate!

It's not even close to being done yet! Code is super early so cmon pinheads give them a chance to put it through a battery of tests! It's way to early to tell but I love the art! The game looks fast and fun. Already this thing looks light years better than some other pins that have been shown during development. I have high hopes for this one! Can't wait to see more!

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

But the final "toys" are there, no?? Are there any pop-up toys? In-lane drop targets? Does the mouth move and we're just not seeing it yet?? How about even some magnets?? There is zero mechanical action here beyond pop bumpers. Or am I missing something?

None of these things are needed to make a great game.

#75 8 years ago

Looks sweet

Hope it gets some good code!

Me want!

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Wasn't responding to your post. Wasn't making a "toys" response.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

It's your money. Enjoy. But I think Stern must be on an even tighter budget to cover moving and new factory costs. Seriously disappointing.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Don't think you are missing a thing, classic style over substance, just like the original. The integration of the music and lights will make or break whether it is a fun game or not, but there is very little in the actual design of the playfield to get excited about.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is it just me, or does Detroit Rock City sound odd? Specifically the vocals... maybe it's the camera's mic capturing Spike, but the song doesn't sound exactly like the original from Destroyer.

That's because it's not the original from Destroyer.

We've been over this one 100 times...these are the re-recordings from 5 years ago, not the original recordings.

#80 8 years ago

Premium/LE has more than TRON does, and look how great TRON is.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It's your money. Enjoy. But I think Stern must be on an even tighter budget to cover moving and new factory costs. Seriously disappointing.

What does the Tron playfield have in toys that elevates it over this design? The Recognizer 3 bank?

Walking Dead has the well walker and the prison, but including toys/gimmicks doesn't automatically make a game good.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

Spot on. Jamming 100 things on a playfield does not make a great pin.

WOZ would be a good example of that. Too much stuff everywhere.

Captain Fantastic would be an example of a great pin with NO toys at all. And it's awesome.

rd.

#83 8 years ago

Thankfully NO magnets (on the PF proper). Jeez enough with the magnets. Magnets are way overused. They should be like a good spice, used for effect and sparingly.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

What makes you think KISS won't have them? It's already been listed on the feature matrix.

was just going by the video, thanks
I was under the incorrect assumption that there was no call outs in the music pins, just music playing all the time. Only played ACDC once, and don't recall anything beyond the music.

my bad

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Spot on. Jamming 100 things on a playfield does not make a great pin.
WOZ would be a good example of that. Too much stuff everywhere.

Having awesome toys alone does not make a great pin. Agreed. But they are the building blocks for a great game and it's a fairly rare thing to see a really fun game with few toys (or no toys as the case may be). I'm glad you personally enjoy Captain Fantastic but I don't think that quite ranks as a "great game" and it certainly did not (does not) cost 6-8k. As I said, spend your money as you want. Kiss fans will love this regardless. But there is nothing (zero) shown yet for me to get excited about.

And I think there may just be a few people who disagree with your opinion of WOZ ...

#86 8 years ago

Looks like it has good flow and doesn't seem to be a drain monster. I like the pop bumper action (I'm a pop bumper guy). I could tell from the first picture I saw that the ball would not come shooting out of his mouth because of the wireform placement in front of him and that his tongue looked like a ramp for a smooth exit. I wonder if you can shoot UP his tongue. I really don't think so. The sound should REALLY kick ass with an external powered sub. Gonna def. have to play this in the wild.

#88 8 years ago

I wonder about PF wear from the ball dropping out of his mouth

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Yeah TRON sucks....

#90 8 years ago

I'm not gonna bother watching this video. I'll play it when it shows up, think it sucks, and then warm up to it as the code gets better and I get more familiar with the game. That's generally how it's gone for me with the last several Stern releases.

Even WWE is good for a laugh here and there, I had to play it all weekend leading up to league championships. I think it would get old at home but it's fun here and there and the code has a long way to go.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Having awesome toys alone does not make a great pin. Agreed. But they are the building blocks for a great game and it's a fairly rare thing to see a really fun game with few toys (or no toys as the case may be). I'm glad you personally enjoy Captain Fantastic but I don't think that quite ranks as a "great game" and it certainly did not (does not) cost 6-8k. As I said, spend your money as you want. Kiss fans will love this regardless. But there is nothing (zero) shown yet for me to get excited about.
And I think there may just be a few people who disagree with your opinion of WOZ ...

The pin to compare it ( time of release ) with is likely to be the hobbit. You are starting to get a whole lot more with JJP games for very little extra money.

#92 8 years ago

Looks very nice, I mean aesthetically nice. For me, gameplay is hard to say, but looks to bebetter (to me) than TWD and WWE. I'm talking about looking at the video since I had not played WWE or Kiss. But I was let down on TWD from the videos and down on it when I played it.

I did not get to see anythig in the Starman area and hope that's not just wasted space. Also don't get what's underneath the head. If it's a spinning disc like Tron but not sure if the exit is very restricted like PotC so that it really doesn't get any effect like you do from Tron.

I think it's the most solid (likely a hit) since ST and Met of the the past 2 years.

That said, I'm glad I'm not a Kiss fan, so and by extension glad Sheats is not going to code this. I Understand he can't code everything, so I'd rather If he passed on the games I am likely to pass on as well.

However, this game does not look bad playing (like TWD) so I think it will be a nice seller and a good profit for Stern. I hope it sells as well as Metallica.

It's not a bad thing for me that I'm not in love with this game, more time to enjoy my lineup, while I wait for the next title either a VE or the next SR game, and at the same time wait to see if JJP or PPS drops any hints at their next games.

#93 8 years ago

The number of toys doesn't matter... Look at ACDC Pro, that game has a lame looking cannon and nothing else. No magnets, no drops, no bash toys, no spinning disc, no scoop, etc. Just ramps and standup targets and it's still fun to play!

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Iron Man looked boring at first as well and I know you LOVE that game with just one lonesome toy and two magnets. This game actually has more to do. Slow down with all your negativity until you get to see more than a little Beta testing video.

Sometimes you make great comments and sometimes I would swear you are just trolling.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

The pin to compare it ( time of release ) with is likely to be the hobbit. .

That's some wishful thinking.

You MIGHT be right on "release", but pinheads will likely have the next THREE pins from Stern to compare before most people actual HAVE their Hobbits....

#96 8 years ago

Jared posts in the comments on the video:

Some of you might care to know the following.

This was the first game ever played on a assembled machine from our factory. The machine was not on legs but was rather on one of our assembly carts. The game had no adjustments whatsoever so things like the speed in which the ball shoots out of the mouth are not necessarily reflective of what the final version will be. This video was simply intended to show how the ball moves around the playfield and how some of the shots can be hit.

Certainly you can expect more high definition gameplay videos as the days and weeks go on. Thank you for your interest.

#97 8 years ago

The game will have custom callouts from Paul Stanley & Gene Simmons (this is stated on the features matrix):
http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/kiss/le/KISS%20feature%20matrix.pdf

The code you are seeing in the video is Beta pre-release code.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Sometimes you make great comments and sometimes I would swear you are just trolling.

So in other words, sometimes you agree with my comments and sometimes you don't (and when you don't, you consider it trolling.)

I don't "LOVE" IM but I do enjoy it. Yes, it at least has one main toy (Iron Monger) that actually does something and yes, it does also have 2 magnets and I love the War Machine kickback too. Kiss seems to have even less IMO and I only wish Stern went the other direction and created some new innovative elements. Not less.

It's obviously just my opinion man. It shouldn't bother you so much.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It's a Pro, bro. Premium/LE has drop targets, magnet stage trick thing, "animated" Stardude, more complex Genehead multi-spit action.

Quoted from PinChili:

I only wish Stern went the other direction and created some new innovative elements. Not less.

All evidence points to this game being a relatively rushed project. If that's the case, it is what it is. If it play well with what it's got & makes Kiss fans happy - then it's a success.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a Pro, bro. Premium/LE has drop targets, magnet stage trick thing, "animated" Stardude, more complex Genehead multi-spit action.

Drop target underneath the Paul figure too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-gameplay-video-is-here/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.