Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (3).jpg
image.jpg
gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

Here you go. Time to break it down. What do you think? Watch it here!

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball

First thoughts:

1) Music sounds deep and rich.
2) Shot through the pops is awesome.
3) Ramps look smooth.
4) Looks easy to change songs.

#4 5 years ago

Early early code to hard to tell

#5 5 years ago

Ok, now the big question. Are songs swappable on Spike? When you buy a "band pin" putting your favorite songs by the band is a huge plus.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, now the big question. Are songs swappable on Spike? When you buy a "band pin" putting your favorite songs by the band is a huge plus.

Dave, lets just say that the issue is being worked on........nice!

#7 5 years ago

Balls kind of dribble out of Gene's mouth. I thought they would "fire" at the flippers. Maybe adjustable.

#8 5 years ago

Looks like it ticks all the boxes.

#9 5 years ago

Sad no DMD animations...

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Balls kind of dribble out of Gene's mouth. I thought they would "fire" at the flippers. Maybe adjustable.

Gene is getting older.....dribbling is probably appropriate.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I agree.....It was the only thing I was slightly disappointed about.

#12 5 years ago

Looks like a smooth player. With good code, we should have a winner here.

#13 5 years ago

Yes, I was very excited about this game but the dribble effect of the balls coming out of the demons mouth is a deal breaker for me. Ah well, hopefully Steve's game later this year will knock it out of the park.

#14 5 years ago

The 2 big things I was looking for were: 1. what is the action like in the starchild play-field area? The shot was never hit, so I guess we'll just have to wait for more video there.

2. Was Gene's head Tron like in it's function with the spinning disks? There didn't look to be a lot of action there, but who really knows with the code...nothing may have been active.

The ramps did look cool.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

Yes, I was very excited about this game but the dribble effect of the balls coming out of the demons mouth is a deal breaker for me. Ah well, hopefully Steve's game later this year will knock it out of the park.

Remember the mechanism for the premium/LE is different. I bet this is just a coil adjustment issue. They should spit out like Megatron multiball.....

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Remember the mechanism for the premium/LE is different. I bet this is just a coil adjustment issue. They should spit out like Megatron multiball.....

this

#17 5 years ago

THe premium and LE versions have a "ball eject device" in the Demon head. Maybe it will be more like the snake in Metallica...

#18 5 years ago

Hopefully this will be the case

#19 5 years ago

I'm so pumped as I have an LE on order! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

#20 5 years ago

Looks fantastic, I think all the Kiss army are going to flip their wigs over this thing. Before they announced it I thought it was kind of a shaky title but after seeing it and all the details, I think this could be a huge hit for them.

#21 5 years ago

Looks good. I wish I was a fan of the band

#22 5 years ago

I dig! Not a fan of kiss really but I'm not a fan of adcd either but have the premium and love it so I see potential!

#23 5 years ago

I'm interested in what is happening under the demon head.

"Spinning disc under the "Demon" for fast ball return action" from Stern's features matrix...

I'm guessing this either it isn't dialed in yet or perhaps it's not always active. The shots to the demon head didn't look like they returned fast.

#24 5 years ago

I don't hear any sound other than the music. No callouts either. Maybe those come later but beta code usually means it's mostly complete.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The 2 big things I was looking for were: 1. what is the action like in the starchild play-field area? The shot was never hit, so I guess we'll just have to wait for more video there.
2. Was Gene's head Tron like in it's function with the spinning disks? There didn't look to be a lot of action there, but who really knows with the code...nothing may have been active.
The ramps did look cool.

I'm hoping there is more randomizing action with the Gene head or this could be a long playing game since there are no magnets. The disc (at least for now) and the Gene kicker don't really whip the ball around. Other than that though I like the layout and ramp and orbit flow. It's really a fantastic looking game and It's nice to see so many color changing LED's in the Pro model!

#26 5 years ago

Hopefully there's something that makes the ball more unpredictable like the to magnets and kickouts on met otherwise it cld get boring quickly .the pops do somewhat but I hope the disk and gene head get better.looks like the premium and le are definitely the way to go with this pin more than likely

#27 5 years ago

Damn that $%*t plays fast! .. Playfield looks like it's double thick n' coated twice ? Playfield ART looks AMAZING!!! I also really dig the LED show... SOUNDS GREAT!!! & obviously the balls shooting out of Gene's mouth is a fun novelty.. The ramps / wire forms have nice action... Great job STERN !

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Maybe those come later but beta code usually means it's mostly complete.

Really?? With Stern code, "Final code" isn't usually complete.

#29 5 years ago

Fireball 2 type flames, old school caps, genes head could at least light up or trigger a shaker IMO. Hard to tell from a video. I do like the bumper location though. Early prediction - not a strong as a seller as ac/DC but not a flop. More likely to trigger "who's a better band" argument than gameplay differences.

#30 5 years ago

Is it just me, or does Detroit Rock City sound odd? Specifically the vocals... maybe it's the camera's mic capturing Spike, but the song doesn't sound exactly like the original from Destroyer.

#31 5 years ago

I'm sure the ball dribble is some kind of alignment problem. Being that the code is 0.5 beta, that kinda shows that the code is really far behind on this game. I bet the programmers are busting their butts to get something presentable for shipping.

Rob

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is it just me, or does Detroit Rock City sound odd? Specifically the vocals... maybe it's the camera's mic capturing Spike, but the song doesn't sound exactly like the original from Destroyer.

Paging CrazyLevi...

#35 5 years ago

The original recordings were better!

gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

#36 5 years ago

What Kiss album can I find the song "Clunky, Nothing to Shoot At" on?

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's not the original. Paul and Gene went back in the studio and re-recorded all of their hits to get around having to pay royalties to Ace and Peter.

I like KISS but the remasters suck ass.

#38 5 years ago

I really dig those ramps. The pops look fun and the flow seems legit. Gene's head is definitely big though. I may have to replace Gumby Paul.

#39 5 years ago

Additional post from Stern regarding the video:

Some of you might care to know the following.

This was the first game ever played on a assembled machine from our factory. The machine was not on legs but was rather on one of our assembly carts. The game had no adjustments whatsoever so things like the speed in which the ball shoots out of the mouth are not necessarily reflective of what the final version will be. This video was simply intended to show how the ball moves around the playfield and how some of the shots can be hit.

Certainly you can expect more high definition gameplay videos as the days and weeks go on. Thank you for your interest.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

This was the first game ever played on a assembled machine from our factory. The machine was not on legs but was rather on one of our assembly carts. The game had no adjustments whatsoever so things like the speed in which the ball shoots out of the mouth are not necessarily reflective of what the final version will be. This video was simply intended to show how the ball moves around the playfield and how some of the shots can be hit.
Certainly you can expect more high definition gameplay videos as the days and weeks go on. Thank you for your interest.

Jared is kicking ass as the new Stern Facebook man..........

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

It's not the original. Paul and Gene went back in the studio and re-recorded all of their hits to get around having to pay royalties to Ace and Peter.

Yea I kinda suspected that after rewinding and listening a few times. It sounds like Kiss, but it's not original. Had no idea of the re-recordings. Definitely knocks the game down a bit on the want-list, pending a full cracking of Spike. We'll see if the gameplay can make up for the meh tunes

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm interested in what is happening under the demon head.
"Spinning disc under the "Demon" for fast ball return action" from Stern's features matrix...
I'm guessing this either it isn't dialed in yet or perhaps it's not always active. The shots to the demon head didn't look like they returned fast.

I think this is in the matrix for the premium and LE?

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't hear any sound other than the music. No callouts either. Maybe those come later but beta code usually means it's mostly complete.

Quoted from damionrowe:

Before you guys complain too much or read too much into the video, Stern posted this in the comments section:

Stern Pinball

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Dr Love vocals certainly seem 'off'.

Rob

#45 5 years ago

I believe the spinning disc under the demon head is on all three models.

The premium and LE will have a physical ball lock in the head with an eject that fires the ball out of the mouth. There is potential there to have the demon head be one of the coolest overall single Stern toys if the spinning disc underneath is Tron like. (Spinning discs, ball lock, firing balls out of the mouth) Only time will tell on the execution of it all.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Gene is getting older.....dribbling probably appropriate.

made me laugh...

looks very nice...

star child area looks hard to hit, tight shot.

#47 5 years ago

Any link in youtube? or in other place then facebook?

I've googled and nothing...

#48 5 years ago

I for one think this looks amazing! Great shots, great flow, and this is without any pitch to the playfield! Its like a mash up of ACDC and MET, which happen to be my 2 favorite sterns. The pro looks great, the field looks nice and shiny as well. Im happy to add this one to my collection.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Waiting for more videos from Stern!

#50 5 years ago

So from this video it defiantly looks like no subway which people were hoping for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside