• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by finnflash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170609_183115 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richtermc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago

I´m not a SPIKE expert, but I encountered this kind of behavior on several solid state pinball machines.
Normally the coil winding for flipper hold is not working correctly in these cases. Kiss Pro seems to have a dual wound coil (Power/Hold with three wires) for the flippers. The power coil winding fires the flipper up then the EOS-switch turns power transistor off. Since hold coil winding is not working the flipper won´t stay up and EOS will trigger power winding again. After some attempts the CPU ends this machine gun cycle to prevent damage. Maybe you should check with a multimeter if hold winding is powered correctly. If you´re lucky is only a bad solder connection on a coil lug.

#27 6 years ago

First I would check hold winding in solenoid test to verify my assumption with a failing hold circuit.
Hold winding for left flipper should be solenoid 20 in test. Keep in mind that the hold winding will not fire the flipper up,
you may see the bat barely move. You should at least hear when it´s activating.
Compare it with the working right flipper which is solenoid 21 in test menu.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richtermc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-flipper-issue-need-help?tu=richtermc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.