• Latest reply 8 years ago by pinkid
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kiss flyer.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I'm looking to replace my 10 year old KISS drop targets which each have a band member's face on a clear vinyl sticker as they are starting to curl up and are likely beyond repair.
I've found these on eBay and wonder if anyone has used them or can describe what they mean by "DIRECT UV PRINTED TO TARGETS" and " UNBREAKABLE".
ebay.com link: ws

#2 10 years ago

ebay.com link: Bally KISS Pinball Machine TOMBSTONE Custom FACE TARGETS AMAZING QUALITY

These are from classicarcades. I've bought lots of parts from them in the past and everything has been good. Originals drops were the bulls eye targets but the faces look good as a replacement, he has both.

#3 10 years ago

Do you know if these are just a sticker stuck on the target or is the graphic actually imprinted onto the target?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Do you know if these are just a sticker stuck on the target or is the graphic actually imprinted onto the target?

Per the listing "DIRECT UV PRINTED TO TARGETS" so its not a decal!

#5 10 years ago

Shoot I just bought the red bull eye drop targets for mine.. I didn't realize they originally had the heads on them.. Does anyone know where I can buy some decals?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Per the listing "DIRECT UV PRINTED TO TARGETS" so its not a decal!

Again, I'm not sure what they mean by UV printing... does that mean printed on a sticker that is then stuck on the target or does the target literally have the graphic printed directly onto it?
I have an older set of these which was just a clear sticker and that's starting to peel without heavy usage so I'm concerned that this is the same thing. If they can print a bullseye target on the drop target, I would assume they can put anything on a target.

#7 10 years ago

The ink is UV cured directly to the target. No decal.

#8 10 years ago

I just bought some drop targets for my Power Play from classicarcades; I can tell you that they are printed directly on the piece of plastic. They are shipped in a bubble envelope relatively quickly and work like a charm.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Shoot I just bought the red bull eye drop targets for mine.. I didn't realize they originally had the heads on them.. Does anyone know where I can buy some decals?

I think you got it right.

They had bulls eyes on them from the factory.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think you got it right.
They had bulls eyes on them from the factory.

Yeah I just looked up several machines and all of them had red bulls eye targets.. I think I am good..

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I just bought a set of their custom targets for my Captain Fantastic. If I still had my Kiss, they would get a set too.
ebay.com link » Bally Captain Fantastic Pinball Machine Tombstone Target Set Custom
ebay.com link » Bally Kiss Pinball Machine Tombstone Custom Face Targets Amazing Quality

The problem with these are that the trim colors are wrong! Ace is blue, as he should be. Gene is supposed to be red, Peter green, and Paul purple. A regular pinball guy will not notice this or care, but a Kiss collector picks it out immediately.

#13 10 years ago

I have a set of the Kiss drop target decals you can have. For an extra $15, + shipping I'll throw in an extra matching shooter rod.
I have had these for a year or so and will never use them.

http://www.littleshopofgames.com/img/zcabs211.jpg

Brian

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

The problem with these are that the trim colors are wrong! Ace is blue, as he should be. Gene is supposed to be red, Peter green, and Paul purple. A regular pinball guy will not notice this or care, but a Kiss collector picks it out immediately.

Dang, I just noticed the incorrect color scheme right after I ordered....

4 months later
#15 9 years ago

So............ Is there anywhere to get the proper colour scheme drop targets?

THANKS!

#16 9 years ago

http://www.pbresource.com/pfdroptar.htm

Quoted from New_Pinhead:

THANKS!

#17 9 years ago

I have not found any place that sells the correct KISS color scheme matching each of the band members persona colors. Hence, why I made my own.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-drop-targets-custom

#18 9 years ago

The game shipped from the factory with bullseye DTs

kiss flyer.jpgkiss flyer.jpg

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I have not found any place that sells the correct KISS color scheme matching each of the band members persona colors. Hence, why I made my own.

Those look cool

1 year later
#20 8 years ago
Quoted from New_Pinhead:

THANKS!

Bump?

5 months later
#21 8 years ago

Still nothing on this huh? I guess I'll break down and buy the improperly coloured ones from classicarcades.

#22 8 years ago

So you've been deciding for a year whether you want to buy the "improper color" incorrect drop targets?

lol

#23 8 years ago

Yeah, the colors aren't correct, but who cares?? I have decals of the same thing on my worn original targets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-drop-target-recommendations-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.